Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-04-2009, 12:54 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricClown View Post
And yet, putting his mug on television, and continuing to speak of him, only carries his 15 minutes of infamy to higher levels....
Yeah we should fucking ignore it...

This a fucking hideous crime - a brother killed his own brother and a mother lost 2 sons in a way. so putting his mug on television, and continuing to speak of him, only carries his 15 minutes - what do suggest, we ignore it..prolly not as important as Tiger Woods next media release...so maybe you are right..
Old 12-04-2009, 03:07 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
Yeah we should fucking ignore it...

This a fucking hideous crime - a brother killed his own brother and a mother lost 2 sons in a way. so putting his mug on television, and continuing to speak of him, only carries his 15 minutes - what do suggest, we ignore it..prolly not as important as Tiger Woods next media release...so maybe you are right..
I'm saying lock him up, throw away the key and never speak of him again, and let him rot. Why make him famous? That's what he wants. But hey, if you want to satisfy his thirst for fame, go for it.

Who gives a fuck about Tiger Woods?

Media is the drive of people's malicious, sadistic and egotistical state of mind. If they weren't treated as good as movie stars(media-wise), they would think a little bit more about it before they did something so stupid. They would be an unknown fuck-up. Nobody would know their name, or care. But instead, when they commit a crime, they get weeks upon weeks of television mentions and appearances. And for someone who is a nobody, and has nothing, that's a big fucking step for glory....No matter how sick it is.

I am by no means saying that this is every criminals state of mind, but it is for a lot of them.

No, Tiger Woods issue(not even sure what the fuck it's about, and really don't care.) is not important to anyone outside of his life. If it is, those people are sad individuals. But I'd much rather see them running that stupid shit, than giving a sick fuck his 15 minutes or week of fame, because he did something wrong, just so another sick fuck can copy him.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricClown View Post

Media is the drive of people's malicious, sadistic and egotistical state of mind. If they weren't treated as good as movie stars(media-wise), they would think a little bit more about it before they did something so stupid. They would be an unknown fuck-up. Nobody would know their name, or care. But instead, when they commit a crime, they get weeks upon weeks of television mentions and appearances. And for someone who is a nobody, and has nothing, that's a big fucking step for glory....No matter how sick it is.

I am by no means saying that this is every criminals state of mind, but it is for a lot of them.
LOL

So with regard to criminals 'a lot of them.' 'would think a little bit more about ' committing a crime if they weren't 'treated as good as movie stars' ......

So your point is there would be no crime if the media didn't glamourise it - is that waht you are saying?

But I'd much rather see them running that stupid shit, than giving a sick fuck his 15 minutes or week of fame, because he did something wrong, just so another sick fuck can copy him.

So we should run HAPPY news instead of SAD news incase 'another sick fuck can copy' it...

Man....

Last edited by Ferox13; 12-04-2009 at 03:27 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
LOL

So with regard to criminals 'a lot of them.' 'would think a little bit more about ' committing a crime if they weren't 'treated as good as movie stars' as movie stars......

So your point is there would be no crime if the media didn't glamourise it - is that waht you are saying?
I'm not saying there would be no crime. I'm saying that it would cut down on some of it.

Watch some regular television, and see what moronic things people do to get on it. Angra hit the nail on the head, when he mentioned Jackass:

How many idiots would put leeches on their nuts, if they weren't going to have some sort of bragging rights, and couldn't be on television?

Now, how many would do it, if they could be?

.................................................. ...................

It's not an end all solution, but the dumbass obviously wanted publicity, or he wouldn't have mentioned Dexter in the first place.

For some people, being in the spotlight, is just as good as being handed a million bucks.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:36 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
So we should run HAPPY news instead of SAD news incase 'another sick fuck can copy' it...

Man....
Let me put it this way. If I'm holding a million dollars, and to have it yours, all you have to do is smash your finger with a hammer, it's incentive and a small price to pay.

Now, if I told you to smash your finger with a hammer, just for the fuck of it, there is a lot less reason to do so.

And to many people, having their name and face on every news channel, is just as good as money. And to a lot of murderers, a human life, is a small price to pay.

But if you'd rather have criminals kill people, etc., just to get on the news. That's your decision, and what you want to see I suppose.

Last edited by VampiricClown; 12-04-2009 at 03:51 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:55 PM
Misanthrope

If I was double dared I'd have to smash my finger with a hammer. No one calls me chicken dude!
Old 12-04-2009, 03:58 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
If I was double dared I'd have to smash my finger with a hammer. No one calls me chicken dude!
"Chicken Dude"

Would you do it if no one was daring you, or even knew you were going to do it or ever did it? Thus is my point.
Old 12-04-2009, 04:58 PM
Misanthrope

I'm not really getting your point.

So your saying that people are killing others to get on the news and we're causing them to kill because we watch the news? Its all a bit muddled and I'm not sure what you're getting at.
Old 12-04-2009, 06:04 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post
I'm not really getting your point.

So your saying that people are killing others to get on the news and we're causing them to kill because we watch the news? Its all a bit muddled and I'm not sure what you're getting at.
Look at the dudes picture. He looks like he's enjoying the attention. He's probably hoping that one day, someone will make a movie about him, snapping and killing his brother.

It's kind of like anybody that gets on television, even sitting in an audience. "Watch for me". This is a sick way for mentally ill people, to get their wish and be on television. And hell, who hasn't heard the name "Charles Manson" or "John Wayne Gacy"? While these two individuals did murders on a much larger scale, they are just as well known, if not more so, than "Boris Karloff", in today's society.

Not all murders are done for this, but there are sickos out there, that do stuff just to get on TV.

Look back at when those girls beat up one girl, just to put it on youtube to have a popular video. Same concept. They aren't very well liked for what they did, but what news station didn't cover it and make them famous for doing it?

We are making these people famous. We are making them a part of our lives, every time we popularize them on TV.

Not only that, but they are now in jail, and getting treated better, than half the homeless people out there. So now they are infamous, getting free meals and a place to sleep.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:56 AM

Your point makes no sense..

You are stating that (your words) 'a lot of criminals' commit crime only for media attention? That in no way is correct.

With regards to this particular case I'd love to know in exactly how the Dexter show was brought up...For example look at Childs Play 3 and the Jamie Bulger case.

The reason I feel crimes like this should be reported (in a sensable and not sensational manner) is that people should be made aware of these problems. Maybe a case like this might make a parent more aware of their troubled child. Unfortunally, it sells more papers to suggest that a TV program/Video nasty/Heavy metal music made a teenager commit a violent crime rather than 'boring' reasons like social circumstances.