Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > True Crime

Old 05-07-2007, 02:12 AM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to bloodrayne
Paris Hilton Sentenced To 45 Days In Jail...Do You REALLY Think She'll Go?

Paris Hilton Gets 45 Days In jail

Ms Hilton must start her jail term next month

Celebrity heiress Paris Hilton has been jailed for 45 days after being found guilty of violating her probation for a drink-driving conviction. Ms Hilton, heiress to the Hilton Hotel fortune, first gained notoriety for her constant partying as a teenager.

A Los Angeles judge ruled she must start her sentence on 5 June and has no prospect of an early release.

Ms Hilton told the judge she was very sorry and that she would "pay complete attention to everything" from now on.

The socialite said she did not know her licence had been suspended when caught driving without headlights in February.

According to papers filed in Los Angeles' Superior Court, Ms Hilton was stopped by California Highway Patrol officers on 15 January and informed she was driving on a suspended licence.

The 26-year-old then reportedly signed a document acknowledging she was not allowed to drive.

On 27 February, she was stopped by Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department for speeding on Sunset Boulevard with her car's headlights off and charged with violating her probation.

Although Ms Hilton maintained she was not aware her licence had been suspended, court papers said the document she signed in January was found in her car's glove compartment.

She was also accused of failing to enrol in an alcohol education programme by a court-ordered deadline.

Ms Hilton was sentenced to three years' probation, fined $1,150 (£582), and lost her licence at the end of January after pleading no contest to a drink driving charge in September.

Despite prosecutors saying the heiress deserved a jail sentence prior to Friday's hearing, Ms Hilton arrived at the court at least 10 minutes late.

Her mother, Kathy, laughed when the demand for a custodial sentence was made during the prosecution's closing argument and asked Judge Michael Sauer for his autograph.

"I'm very sorry and from now on I'm going to pay complete attention to everything," Ms Hilton told the court before she was sentenced.

"I'm sorry and I did not do it on purpose at all," she said. But the judge was unmoved.

The 26-year-old heiress wept when the ruling was announced, and her mother shouted at the prosecutor: "You're pathetic."

One of Ms Hilton's lawyers said the jail sentence was unfair.

"To sentence Paris Hilton to 45 days in jail to me was uncalled for, inappropriate and bordered on the ludicrous. I think she was singled out because she's who she is," Howard Weitzman said.

If Ms Hilton does not report to jail on 5 June she will face 90 days behind bars.

The BBC's David Willis says the austere surrounding of the all-women's detention centre will be a far cry from the five-star luxury the hotel heiress has become used to.

What her fellow inmates will make of her, and she of them, remains to be seen, our correspondent says.

My Karma ran over my Dogma

God WAS my co-pilot...But, we crashed in the mountains and...I had to eat him

I'm suffocating in what's become of me...
The rancid remains of what I used to be
Old 05-09-2007, 02:24 PM
Hellraiser

ARGRGGGGGGGGG! :mad: I really really really dislike her - famous for being stupid - thats not a good reason - she should hide away in embaressment for some of the things which come out of her mouth!! One of the reasons I love "House of Wax" so much..........................!
Old 05-09-2007, 02:38 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckylouise2904 View Post
ARGRGGGGGGGGG! :mad: I really really really dislike her - famous for being stupid - thats not a good reason - she should hide away in embaressment for some of the things which come out of her mouth!! One of the reasons I love "House of Wax" so much..........................!
Yeah,some of the things which come out of her mouth ... or more precisely GO IN her mouth :D
She is just a spoilt little git and I agree it is quite pleasing to see her get slaughtered in House of Wax!:)
Hopefully some prison lunatic will make Paris her Bitch.
Old 05-09-2007, 04:50 PM
Tonight's the nght.

She'll probly die in there...
Old 05-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
She definitely should, but I thought this since House of Wax.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:50 PM
Soundtrack to Rambo

she's gonna be the only one in her cell, and the only one with tv's and cell phones.
she's so rich, i wouldnt be suprised if her dad bought her her own prison wing.
Old 05-09-2007, 06:58 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
My heart weeps for her, truly.....:rolleyes:
She wasn't aware she had a suspended license? I mean, really, how is one UNAWARE when their license is suspended? :p Oh wait, nevermind, I must have forgotten who we were talking about for a second there.....;)
I think its funny that she was singled out for "who she is" when I know several people who have done some time in jail for similar offenses. Of course, maybe the difference is that they were in fact AWARE their license was suspended....yeah, that must be it....;)
Old 05-12-2007, 10:59 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via ICQ to Smackytherabbit
I hope she does every day of it.
Sadly enough prisons and jails are so over crowded that that wont happen.
Personally i think it is ridiculous that she is even bitching about it. She had her chances and she screwed up over and over again. She just wants special treatment because of her status determined by high school girls and morons.
And why is this on the news? Why do i need this crap shoved down my throat when im trying to watch what is going on in the world. This shit does not matter to me or anyone else aside from paris and her family. The attention that this is getting is absolutely ridiculous and it needs to be done and over with.
I spent 292 days of a 364 day term for a second offense of driving under the influence and i was only 19 and the only reason i did that little time was because i earned time off for spending 14 hours a day cooking for the jailhouse. This bitch has been busted more than me and she wont do 5% of what i did.
Hang her for all i care, maybe my employees will learn some respect after shes dead.
Old 05-13-2007, 04:12 AM
Alien life form

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante'sInferno View Post
She'll probly die in there...
Paris trains for jail
May 13, 2007 12:00am
Article from: Sunday Herald SunFont size: + -
Send this article: Print Email
TERRIFIED Paris Hilton is taking self-defence classes so she can protect herself from violent jail inmates.

The blonde hotel heiress is trying to toughen up after receiving chilling death threats from inmates.

Paris, 26, is working on karate techniques with a personal trainer before starting her 45-day prison sentence for driving while banned.

A source close to her said: "Paris has been really shaken by the threats. People are saying there's some tough girls inside who will target her."

Messages on her web page include: "We're going to get you" and "I'm gonna kill you."

Inmates at the women-only Century Regional Detention Facility, in California, include violent robbers, prostitutes and drug dealers.

Paris is due to check into the jail by June 5, but last night it emerged she would probably serve fewer than three weeks.

She was handed her jail term after a court ruled she had violated her probation by driving twice after having been banned this year following a conviction for drink-driving.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sto...31-661,00.html
Old 05-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Evil Puppy

I love the fact that she says she shouldn't have to go because of the ""beauty and excitement" she provides. That makes me want to see her behind bars even more.