Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 03-20-2004, 08:24 AM
Scares Little Kids

Sacriligious, you freaking Heritic. Are you saying it is better than George Romero's vision, or have you not experienced the original you sad freaking PUNK! Remakes have only EVER been done correctly ONCE, John Carpenters' "The Thing". The remake of "The Thing From Another World". This remaking BULLCRAP by directors hjas got to STOP!! If they are not INSPIRED with creative ideas like John Carpenter was, they should just go to HELL, and start working at McDonald's. PATHETIC!! I hope you teenagers think it is a good movie, even though more than half of you have not seen the real deal, the ORIGINAL!
Old 03-20-2004, 08:40 AM
Living Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to xshiny_demonx
dude up top...i have seen the original, great flick...and yea better then this remake. i figured ppl wouldnt even know about the original well...the freshman type on cell phones at the movies. i do think this was a pretty decent movie....good looking zombies...although i prefer the slow dumb kind...and the camera work was great, like u where really there...but to many wrong lines at the wrong times...and the charactors...i didnt care about n e of them, all pretty bland. so im looking at it as if it had nothing to do w/ the original...the beefing up the bus ideal going to the docks...kinda lame really. but overall it was worth watching.
"Why would you say that I am insane? I wouldn't say that I've lost my mind simply because I've heard the voices and seen the godless things moving in the woods. If anything, I think more clearly now than ever before. I know now that there is such a thing as a living Evil. A dark and shapeless thing that lives not in the spaces we know, but between them. In the Dark. In the night. And it wants the exact same thing as you and I: a chance at warm life on this Earth. It doesn't care that is already had that chance ...once. Now listen closely because there isn't much time. Listen and believe, because it's all true."
"When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

Last edited by xshiny_demonx; 03-20-2004 at 05:22 PM.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:03 AM
Scares Little Kids

Hey, while we're at it let's remake Stanlley Kubrick's vision of "The Shining" for the big screen. It can be IMPROVED UPON! This is PATHETIC, directors have to rummage through the GREATEST horror movies of all time to make a movie. Hey, directors, you ever hear of originality? To hell with you bastards that spend money on this crap and encourage MEDIOCRITY laziness, and reward NO TALENT! Go ahead stupid freaking teenagers, you are encouraging major studios to play to the lowest common denominator. They will take no chances as long as you support them!
Old 03-20-2004, 06:25 PM
Fear scented candle

Quote:
Originally posted by joeltrae
Hey, while we're at it let's remake Stanlley Kubrick's vision of "The Shining" for the big screen. It can be IMPROVED UPON! This is PATHETIC, directors have to rummage through the GREATEST horror movies of all time to make a movie. Hey, directors, you ever hear of originality? To hell with you bastards that spend money on this crap and encourage MEDIOCRITY laziness, and reward NO TALENT! Go ahead stupid freaking teenagers, you are encouraging major studios to play to the lowest common denominator. They will take no chances as long as you support them!

Have you seen it yet? It was good. The original is one of my favorite horror flicks, but this one was awesome. Very well done. Good characters, good acting.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:20 PM
Evil Dead

was there anything comprehensable in there??

Anyways i saw the movie.. I loved it.
Old 03-20-2004, 09:21 PM
Miss Cleo! Call now!!

Send a message via AIM to thepsychicfetus
First of all, Pluto is retarded for writing in all caps, that just pisses me off cause its gay. Second, Joeltrae, you need to lighten up. Movies are doomed to be remade. I mean for gods sake, the shining was remade into a tv movie. Another thing is that the remake of this movie wasnt even that bad. I saw the original quite a long time before i saw this one, theres no comparison, but it is still a good movie. Have you even seen it yet or are you just bitching about it. And if you havent, i would suggest you do because youll be surprised. Oh, and JUST because you put SOME words in CAPS does not MAKE us want to believe YOU anymore. Also, if you get a second, pull the fucking stick out of your ass.;)
Old 03-20-2004, 09:25 PM
Miss Cleo! Call now!!

It's a scandilamity!
Old 03-20-2004, 09:43 PM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to bloodyvalentine
Good could have been greater

I saw the new Dawn Of The Dead on friday first showing of the day to a sold out audience. I thought the movie was great but that there was to much focus at the people running around then on the zombies as in Night, Dawn and Day.

I would have like to have seen more close up's on the zombie's. I also noticed how desensatized people are today that including myself because everyone was laughing especially the chainsaw accident lol. I was about to start rolling on the floor.

There were a few people screaming and one baby yes that's right a baby started screaming and crying (parents today bringing a baby to a horror movie) alot of people were getting annoyed but nothing was said till i stood up and handled some business where i yelled and i got a little applause from the people around me.

I wasn't too fond of how it ended but what can you do. All in all it was a great movie and i'll probably see it a few more times. The parts they showed during the credits were great.

Also i the jazzy version of Disturbed is now my new theme song.

Chainsaw's are romantic

You're only cool if you are haunted by visions of a giant evil bunny rabbit.

"Everyone who lives will someday die and die alone."

"They're coming to get you barbra."

Story goes, these great big rats come scuttling off the slave ships and raped all the little tree monkeys
Old 03-20-2004, 10:23 PM
Miss Cleo! Call now!!

it was a good movie. period. end of story.
Old 03-21-2004, 08:07 AM
Resident Vampiress

I agree...great movie. As much as I love the original, this one was 10x better. The zombies were more "real", instaed of looking like robots.
No one in the theatre I was in laughed at the chainsaw.......:eek:

Idle hands may be the Devils work, but idle minds you see, are so much worse.....