Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 07-15-2012, 05:40 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
don't open till christmas
Old 07-15-2012, 07:13 PM
Evil is Better

Savages

Not bad. Nothing too memorable but i liked it especially the ending.

Old 07-15-2012, 08:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Медвежуть View Post
God Bless America (2011)...oh dear satan, i think i just came. i want more of this shit
whats that movie actually about?
Old 07-15-2012, 09:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Медвежуть View Post
you lazy bastard
hard day at work man,couldnt possibly have gone back one page might have pulled a finger muscle
Old 07-16-2012, 09:02 PM
For Vendetta

Much more likeable than the Raimi/Maguire trio.
Much closer to Spidey's comic book storytelling as well, although not without minor flaws of it's own, it's a tribute to his origins, with the whole story of Gwen Stacy giving Parker a solid background. (sorely missed in the Raimi trio)
The Lizard makes for a great villain as well, and the climactic moments have a sense of deja vu (shake them off, for both have borrowed generously from the comic books)
All in all, a superb entertainer in it's own right. And yes, a fantastic 3D cinematic experience as well.

* * * ½

--------------

Add another solid entry into the found footage sub-genre.
Critics and bashers be damned, this is actually a film which is much better than all the PA sequels combined.
Well fleshed out characters, excellent background premise, nicely paced narrative, and some really nice performances to boot.
The first 30-35 minutes were slow (even by mockumentary standards), but that could be called nitpicking. Not to mention minor narrative flaws, which don't sideline the pace at anytime.
And wow, that jaw-dropping climax! Most people hate it, but I personally liked it.
Stop making comparisons and enjoy this for what it's worth - a great film bogged down by too many expectations. I loved this film, and eagerly await it's sequel.

* * * ½

Last edited by _____V_____; 07-16-2012 at 09:06 PM.
Old 07-17-2012, 02:30 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post

Much more likeable than the Raimi/Maguire trio.
Much closer to Spidey's comic book storytelling as well, although not without minor flaws of it's own, it's a tribute to his origins, with the whole story of Gwen Stacy giving Parker a solid background. (sorely missed in the Raimi trio)
The Lizard makes for a great villain as well, and the climactic moments have a sense of deja vu (shake them off, for both have borrowed generously from the comic books)
All in all, a superb entertainer in it's own right. And yes, a fantastic 3D cinematic experience as well.

* * * �
Wow! Unbelievable! Had very low expectation on it, because of that cheesy trailer, main cast & seemingly more "teenage audience" targeting approach as well as the whole untimely reboot. Thanks for the rec, looking forward to give it a watch asap.

I didn't like Last Exorcism...perhaps kinda bad print quality played a major role on that viewing, cause found it pretty boring. After you review, thinking to give it another try sometime soon.
.................................................. ..

John Carter (2012)

>>: B+

The Raven (2012)

>>: B+
Old 07-17-2012, 03:13 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Wow! Unbelievable! Had very low expectation on it, because of that cheesy trailer, main cast & seemingly more "teenage audience" targeting approach as well as the whole untimely reboot. Thanks for the rec, looking forward to give it a watch asap.
If you are a fan of the comics, you will love this one more. Raimi's trio were more centered on action, whereas Webb has gone for a more humane approach to Spidey's origins. Plus Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy is a major highlight of the film. I would recommend it for a definite watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
I didn't like Last Exorcism...perhaps kinda bad print quality played a major role on that viewing, cause found it pretty boring. After you review, thinking to give it another try sometime soon.
Do it. Sometimes second viewings change the perception of a film drastically. That is exactly how I came to appreciate Evil Dead 2 more than the original - my first watch of ED2 had left with me with a cheesy, unoriginal vibe. Today, I think I may have watched ED2 more times than ED.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:55 AM
Demon from Ago

I 100% disagree about The Amazing Spiderman, I was not impressed at all. I felt like I was watching a generic version of the original Spiderman. The original had way more detail in it compared to this one. I do not recommend it.
Old 07-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Banned

Annual viewing of Jaws whilst floating in my pool...with a beer of course :D
Old 07-17-2012, 10:16 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
to all a goodnight campy 80's fun