Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-27-2010, 05:05 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Not sure about the title, a bit wordy and perhaps pretentious? I dunno, just sounds like one of those ones film-makers take 10 seconds to come up with but feel it sounds "really dramatic".

As for the villain, I've got my fingers crossed on Clayface (the original masked killer movie star) or The Ventriloquist. I think both of those would work brilliantly in the Nolan universe.

Although, I think it might be interesting to see the "Batman: Knightfall" story on the big screen.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 11-03-2010, 08:07 PM
Banned

I think the Riddler is different enough from the Joker, we haven't seen any good death traps yet and (hopefully) we'd see some more actual detective work from the bat
Old 11-17-2010, 09:17 AM
For Vendetta

Because Christopher Nolan likes keeping his projects as secret as nuclear launch codes, there’s been heavy speculation over who Tom Hardy will play in The Dark Knight Rises. Nolan apparently thinks that if we know who Hardy is playing now instead of a few months from now when it’s inevitably revealed, our enjoyment of the film will be absolutely destroyed.

However, the rumor du jour is that Hardy is playing Dr. Hugo Strange, one of the film’s villains. As we previously reported, the other villain will be a woman.

If you don’t know much about Strange, that’s okay. He’s not one of Batman’s more famous rogues.

According to Wikipedia, Strange has actually been around since 1940 and was one of Batman’s first recurring villains. He’s a villain in the mad-scientist mold and possesses genius-level IQ and is a master of psychology. In the comics mythology, Strange learned Batman’s secret identity but kept it to himself. He eventually becomes obsessed with Batman, even going to the point where he starts dressing up like the Caped Crusader.

Keep in mind, Hugo Strange as the film’s villain is just a rumor at this point, although the folks over at Batman-News say that their source is reliable and knew that The Riddler wouldn’t be the villain and that Rachel Weisz and Anne Hathaway were in the running for the lead female role.

Assuming this is true, what are your thoughts on Strange being the villain? Do you think Hardy is right for the role?
Old 11-17-2010, 09:31 AM
Horror Movie Fanatic

Send a message via MSN to GoreHound13
Just wanna say I absolutely love this movie, saw it in theatres 6 times lol
Old 11-23-2010, 09:35 AM
For Vendetta

It looks like Christian Bale only has so much gravel-voice to give.

In a recent interview with E! News, Bale says that The Dark Knight Rises will be his last turn as the Caped Crusader. Said Bale,

Quote:
“The thing is that this will be, I believe, unless [Christopher Nolan] says different, this will be the last time I’m playing Batman.”
Nolan has previously stated that The Dark Knight Rises will be the last Batman film he directs and that the third film will “finish the story” that started with Batman Begins.

Quote:
"I’m very excited, because if Christopher Nolan maintains, this will be the last one, we’ve got to up it!"
Bale, who is picking up strong critical acclaim in David O. Russell’s The Fighter, says that when it comes to the plot of The Dark Knight Rises,

Quote:
“I probably know a little bit more than some other people out there, but I think most people would be surprised at how little I do know… It just hasn’t been necessary yet. I know he’ll give me plenty of time to prepare for whatever I need to, and I’ll discover it. He’s a pretty damn good filmmaker. I trust that he’s going to come up with something wonderful.”
This coincides with Michael Caine’s recent interview where he said they weren’t set to receive the script until January.

Filming on the highly-anticipated sequel is set to begin in May. The Dark Knight Rises also stars Michael Caine and Tom Hardy. It’s slated for release on July 20, 2012.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:10 PM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by _____V_____ View Post
Assuming this is true, what are your thoughts on Strange being the villain? Do you think Hardy is right for the role?
Honestly I'm pretty excited to see what becomes of Tom Hardy over the course of the next couple years. After educating myself with Wiki about Dr. Strange, my knee jerk reaction is that Hardy is too young for the role...but I'm sure that's nothing a little Nolan/Hardy fusion can't fix.

I hope it's true.
Old 11-30-2010, 07:54 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumus View Post
Honestly I'm pretty excited to see what becomes of Tom Hardy over the course of the next couple years. After educating myself with Wiki about Dr. Strange, my knee jerk reaction is that Hardy is too young for the role...but I'm sure that's nothing a little Nolan/Hardy fusion can't fix.

I hope it's true.
Scarecrow, R'as Al Ghul, and Joker were all respectively older than Cillain Murphy, Liam Neeson, and Heath Ledger in the comics. So I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem.
Old 12-03-2010, 09:23 AM
For Vendetta

Right now, it seems we know more about what won’t be happening in Christopher Nolan‘s upcoming “The Dark Knight Rises” than what actually will be happening.

The film won’t be in 3D, won’t feature the Riddler, will not feature a CGI Heath Ledger as the Joker and now we can tell you you one more thing that won’t be happening.

Aaron Eckhart, speaking with MTV at a recent shindig for “Rabbit Hole,” has revealed he won’t be reprising his role as Harvey Dent/Two-Face.

“Chris and I had a meeting, on the beach, just the two of us,” Eckhart said. “I said, ‘Chris, a lot of people are asking me if I’m in the next ‘Batman.’ And Chris said, ‘Yes?’ I said, ‘Am I?’ He looked at me and he said, ‘No.’ “

We wish we had our meetings on the beach instead of the windowless storage closet we call a “conference room,” but it appears that with the third and final installment, Christopher Nolan is breaking completely from “The Dark Knight” and really, it’s not that shocking. With Heath Ledger’s passing, the alleged original plans to bring back the Joker for the third film had to be scrapped and we imagine that many of the other story elements that might have been planned have probably been scrapped completely for a fresh approach.

The only thing we do know right now is that Tom Hardy will be in the film and will join the regular cast of players—Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman—who are all expected to return.

The cast will get the script in January, the film will begin lensing next spring and will hit theatres on July 20, 2012.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:45 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man

BURBANK, CA, January 19, 2011 – Warner Bros. Pictures announced today that Anne Hathaway has been cast as Selina Kyle in Christopher Nolan’s “The Dark Knight Rises.” She will be starring alongside Christian Bale, who returns in the title role of Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Christopher Nolan stated, “I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with Anne Hathaway, who will be a fantastic addition to our ensemble as we complete our story.”

In addition, Tom Hardy has been set to play Bane. Nolan said, “I am delighted to be working with Tom again and excited to watch him bring to life our new interpretation of one of Batman’s most formidable enemies.”

Nolan will direct the film from a screenplay he wrote with Jonathan Nolan, from a story by Christopher Nolan and David S. Goyer. Nolan will also produce the film with his longtime producing partner, Emma Thomas, and Charles Roven.

“The Dark Knight Rises” is slated for release on July 20, 2012. The film will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company.

Read more: http://batman-news.com/2011/01/19/an...#ixzz1BVVVExE5
Old 01-24-2011, 08:31 PM
Easy Kill

Send a message via Skype™ to Die4me
Now that it's a new year, i hope he's willing! Batman Begins, and The Dark Knight were brilliant