Old 01-29-2013, 01:40 PM
Evil Dead

The Possession (2012)

I am so gutted, That I missed this cause of the PG 13 Ratting.

I didn't not expect this movie to be that scary or creepy but dame this movie was really good for PG 13.

I liked the fact the movie dose not drag at all in any scene, start of in first 15 before the movie get into busy with strange things

There were some really good decent creepy scenes in this movie, The X-Ray scene was really tense and creepy. I loved that .

There did have really good atmosphere in some scenes that some of scenes tiny bit more creepy!

I enjoyed how the story came to a end, I Did not expected that to happen in the very last scene
at all, I did make me Jump.

The acting this movie was outstanding from the whole cast

7 out of 10
Old 01-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Immortal horror fan

The Grudge.

I watched the original Japanese version a long time ago. I held off on the remake just because Buffy is in it and I wanted it to be awesome. It's pretty good as remakes go. It's not as good as The Ring which is probably the only remake that is on par if not a bit better than the Japanese original. I think the foreign nature helps the impact of the original movie. Still this remake is no where near as bad as The Eye or One Missed Call.
Old 01-30-2013, 03:27 AM
Evil Dead

^^^^^^
Which one did you see before Ju-on-The Curse (2000) or Ju-on-The Grudge (2002)? before seeing the US remake
Old 01-30-2013, 01:48 PM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Vilgotsky View Post
Watched Inbred by Alex Chandon. Pretty fine redneck massacre flick.
That's a fun film-loved the exploding gore great stuff :)
Old 01-30-2013, 11:00 PM
Didn't Shoot Bill Murray

The Innkeepers- It was okay. I think I was expecting more, though.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:20 PM
Evil Dead

You I won't believe the two movies i sat thought today

Bigfoot County (2012)

Swear, I don't were to start with this movie as the movie just fellt

.................................................. .....................

.................................................. .......................

.................................................. .................................

.................................................. ............................................

.................................................. .................................................. ....

^ That, (The hidden meaning in that was, the movie just felt Blank from start to end.

I felt the movie stayed on one stage and never really mood forward at all,
the bunch of scenes of nothing put together.

Not one scene was scary or creepy at all, not even one small bad scare scene to make Jump or even blink,

When I thought this movie could not get any worse,

it goes into some kinda of hostage movie, some of tge cast end up going missing, you have no idea were they go.

I don't know, Maybe I missed cause, I wasn't really paying too much attention to the movie near the end.

And the end of the movie, made me laugh out so loud, it's was so. so, SO, Badly done.

The acting this movie was very wooden from the whole cast, I Did not care one person in this movie at all, I found all very annoying

2 out 10

Next movie!

Bigfoot: The Lost Coast Tapes (2012)

Yeah,. yet another Big foot movie, which was made in the same year, almost came out at the same as well.

I am Clad I saw the other before this one.

I actually enjoyed one much more then Bigfoot County (2012), This had bit more of plot to it and even filmed better.

I found the start of the movie very funny, there were really cool funny jokes that made me laugh out loud.

There were very likable characters in this movie, you care for at times,

the movie dose not break any new grounds in this found footage genre.

I found that this movie flowed really well, with a lot of action in the movie, there were some good decent images of creature, I say!

But we never fully scene the creature at all but we do see bit of the creature, we never really know if a who or what.

There some decent effect in this movie, which I really liked and there were some bloody moment in here and there but don't expected a bloodbath or anything really gory as this movie, very little of it.

I maybe I liked this movie more then I should cause of Bigfoot County (2012), which is much worse then this movie.

I going to give this movie 4 no, I give it 5 out of 10
Old 01-31-2013, 03:20 PM
Evil Dead

Last night I watched Triangle (2009).

Pretty dang good surreal horror/thriller with a heavy time shift element a la Groundhog Day. Recommended.

The night before I watched Eden Lake (2008).

I'm a huge fan of human atrocity horror with a penchant for extreme violence. This one's not über-extreme, but IMO packs a heavier punch than others that rely entirely on violence. Really good. I'm still reeling from it.

The night before I watched Bedevilled (2010).

I had read mixed reviews, and I agree. Although I really enjoyed it, there's not a whole lot to like, as much of the movie just made me uneasy. The good guys are not particularly likable, and the bad guys, including old ladies, just make you sick. Situationally, pretty rough, but that's the point, and for that it's pretty successful.

I could go on and on, but those are my latest three...
Old 01-31-2013, 08:42 PM
From The Beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
Last night I watched

I'm a huge fan of human atrocity horror with a penchant for extreme violence. This one's not über-extreme, but IMO packs a heavier punch than others that rely entirely on violence. Really good. I'm still reeling from it.
I adore this film, I think it is quite believable and what happens at the end I found to be refreshingly realistic :)
Old 02-01-2013, 04:06 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
I adore this film, I think it is quite believable and what happens at the end I found to be refreshingly realistic :)
yeah, loved it for that too :)

The Collection (2012)

Liked the ending but overall not better than the 1st part, IMO. Just a time passing entertainer.

>>: B

Amber Alert (2012)

Another stupid found footage flick with a few annoying characters.

>>: D

The Impossible (2012)

Made by much of the same crew from 2007 Spanish horror masterpiece THE ORPHANAGE; this is a very heart-wrenching moving tale (based on a true story) about a family's utterly horrifying experience in 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami while they were on holiday vacation at a tropical paradise resort in Khao Lak, Thailand. Just came to know that the tsunami was recreated with a mixture of digital effects and real water surges using miniatures that were destroyed by a huge wave created in a water tank in Spain. The director J.A. Bayona later admitted it was "crazy" to commit to working with real water rather than a computer generated wave, but he wanted the story to be authentic. And that meant Naomi Watts and Tom Holland, who play mother and son Maria and Lucas, were gulping water in a massive water tank for almost five weeks (Source: Wikipedia)! And the film really quite successfully recreates the frightening nature of that natural disaster and also amazingly portrays the true horror & unimaginable ordeal that people go through while they somehow survives such a high scale catastrophe. The cast was perfect as they delivered quite a few tear-jerking moments. Overall, one of the few realistic disaster movies seen in years.

>>: A

Last edited by roshiq; 02-01-2013 at 04:10 AM.
Old 02-01-2013, 11:23 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearonsarms View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
I agree. The end of that movie still gives me chills thinking about it. People are scary.

Last night I watched Bug (2006).

There were two or three moments in this movie that got a vocal rise out of me... Sort of a semi-painful groan-laugh, if that makes sense. I can't say that about a lot of movies. I found some of the crazy ramblings a little tedious, and Ashley Judd's character's over-eagerness to believe the nuttiness required some suspension of disbelief, but overall pretty psychologically horrific. 7/10.

Tags
movie