Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 10:04 PM
For Vendetta

In any other tournament, against any opponent, I dare say that Night & Dawn as a combo would be unbeatable. That goes to show how much Eastwood's and Leone's sphagetti westerns have influenced our generation, how they have shaped the very character of the movie lover in the world.

All 3 movies in the trilogy are examples in themselves, and are pure and complete entertainers. It needed a perfect and sound opponent to beat Romero's classics, and I am sure George Romero himself would be happy to lose to such iconic masterpieces of the modern era.

I would like to mention some people who helped a lot throughout the tournament...

Despare, The Mothman, alkytrio666, neverending, Doc Faustus - thanks for the constant inputs and IMs which kept me going.

And a very special thanks to a person who suggested this idea about 6 months back, and whose absence I regret a lot...

my friend and guide, The Flayed One.

Thanks guys! You all rock!
Old 07-26-2007, 11:39 PM
Synthetic Flesh

Well done ___V___

Excellent, marathon tournament. You deserve a beer or two now :D
Old 07-27-2007, 12:07 AM
Alien life form

Brilliant, consistent and dedicated work, ___V___

For he's a jolly good fellow............. :D
Old 07-27-2007, 01:15 AM
Payback's a Bitch

Send a message via AIM to GorePhobia Send a message via Yahoo to GorePhobia
Very well done dude. My tournament is nowhere as good as yours. I wish it was. Maybe we should collaberate on the next one I do for the Horror Icon Single's Tournament. This year it will be good and evil together fighting eachother. Should be fun.

Let me know.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:26 AM
Banned

Very well done V

what happened to The Flayed One?!?!?.....I thought he stayed around after the last influx of bullshit.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:12 AM
For Vendetta

Thanks a lot, guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
what happened to The Flayed One?!?!?.....I thought he stayed around after the last influx of bullshit.
Last I heard from him, he had landed a job at amazon.com. After that he just...disappeared.

Maybe the trolls kidnapped him and are demanding ransom from the amazon people...who knows...trolls are weird that way...

:D
Old 07-27-2007, 08:48 AM
Tenant

A perfect tournament, started and ended flawlessly. Congratulations and thanks, V, for the most fun, and, I daresay even exciting, thread on the board.

And HOORAH FOR LEONE! WOOHOO!
Old 07-27-2007, 10:04 AM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Thanks for the work, V. The effort you put in really encourages people to contribute.
Old 07-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to jenna26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
Thanks for the work, V. The effort you put in really encourages people to contribute.
Well said.....:) Thanks for all you do around here, V.....really, you do more to make HDC a pleasant, fun, and informative place to visit than just about anyone.
Old 07-27-2007, 08:04 PM
For Vendetta

Nah guys. Its our forum...I m doing my part, and everyone else is doing their parts too. Collaboration and contribution is rebuilding this place again, and thats good.

That being said, a tournament is nothing without voters. So credit goes to each and every voter for making this a success. I am glad all of you loved it.

Thanks again...:)