Old 09-11-2008, 08:29 PM
HDC Resident Cynic

Well look @ this....another cool nOOb.(We only get 1 every six months or so.)

Welcome aboard, Festered.
Old 09-12-2008, 01:09 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festered View Post
"You like Hershel Gordon Lewis, eh? How do you feel about the Wizard of Gore remake?" - ChronoGrl

Not too enthused, especially after 2001 Maniacs a few years ago. Haven't seen it yet, but will probably catch it only because of Brad Dourif and Glover. Unfortunately, if Lewis remade his own stuff, it probably wouldn't be as good either, as he's been out of the game for a long time, and also has his mail-order king rep to worry about. Plus, even if he tried to make one like he used to, it wouldn't get released without a gazillion edits....just to get an "R". His stuff needs to get remade in Europe, although I've never really heard of a foreign director championing his work.
I haven't seen the original Wizard of Gore yet. :o The boyfriend and I just picked it up from Netflix (I LOVED the remake so I figured after that I really needed to see the inspiration and identify which elements came from the original and which were extrapolated by Jeremy Kasten). I really enjoyed it, but I'm curious what Fans of the Original think in situations like this (ie I HATED Rob Zombie's Halloween because there was no reason that John Carpenter's masterpiece had to be remade... But I know that a LOT of people around here like Zombie's version).

What's your favorite HGL movie? The only one that my boyfriend owns is Blood Feast, which I've been meaning to check out...

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 09-12-2008, 01:56 PM
Banned

I didn't hate Zombie's Halloween, but I wasn't wowed by it either, and it's definitely not the direction I wanted to see his directing career turn, as I think he has great potential, as long as he makes ORIGINAL films. I could actually see him making a western(ala Corbucci) or even a musical(Motel Hell or Tourist Trap would be ideal :) )

As far as Lewis, 2000 Maniacs will always be his sig piece as far as I'm concerned. All them crazy Florida crackers. :eek: Just can't be beat.

Second would def have to go to She-Devils on Wheels(really miss the biker genre), Just for the Hell of It(grows on you with repeated watches), Gruesome Twosome and Blood Feast.

Since this is an election year, you'll want to round up Year of the Yahoo. Might even influence your decisions.
Old 09-12-2008, 02:22 PM
Synthetic Flesh

Quote:
Thanx for the hellos, everybody. Looks like a lot of good convos floating around in here. And ManchestrMorgue, I definitely have a soft spot for Ingrid Pitt, Barbara Shelley, Martine Beswick, ......well, you see where I'm going with this. :D
I get the picture. And a fine picture it is :D .
Old 09-14-2008, 03:04 AM
She's under the stairs

Damn, what's with all the love in this room, V announces there will be an award for best Noob welcome wagon and you all turn into a bunch of suck ups....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha

Last edited by Disease; 09-14-2008 at 03:08 AM.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:47 AM
HDC Resident Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease View Post
Damn, what's with all the love in this room, V announces there will be an award for best Noob welcome wagon and you all turn into a bunch of suck ups.
Hey, the dude likes Russ Meyer and knows his shit.

Btw, D ...I'm still a cynical prick, you fucker. :cool:
Old 09-14-2008, 11:12 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdojo View Post

Also, I'm not a house cat! :)
Old 09-14-2008, 02:25 PM
Waste Disposer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease View Post
Damn, what's with all the love in this room, V announces there will be an award for best Noob welcome wagon and you all turn into a bunch of suck ups....
It's a conspiracy
Old 09-15-2008, 05:07 PM
She's under the stairs

Quote:
Originally Posted by illdojo View Post

Well I'm not knocking any Russ Meyer fans here, I did have a huge poster of Super Vixens on my living room wall throughout 19 - 21 and then from then went on to it being my keyring until I lost my keys drunkenly while stealing a frozen fish burger from the supermarket after a Smudge gig....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phalanx
Because you want his maggot ridden dick dontcha
Old 09-15-2008, 07:41 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Second would def have to go to She-Devils on Wheels(really miss the biker genre), Just for the Hell of It(grows on you with repeated watches), Gruesome Twosome and Blood Feast.
I love She-Devils On Wheels and Just For The Hell Of It they always seem to get overlooked by most people who only bother to check out his gore flicks.

What biker flicks are you into. I've got a handful in my collection but wanna grab some more. Last one I watched was The Losers which was great! Bikers fighting in Vietnam haha killer shit.

But yeh welcome n' stuff.