Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics

Old 06-11-2009, 09:02 AM
That fucking Guy...

I liked Batman and robin, quite a different feel to it.
I don't really like how sudden an inclusion Damian was since his "appearance" but hey...not a bad read, it's interesting.

Red Robin #1 just now - I actually liked this one better, surprisingly enough. Very good title...looks set to be a darker nightwing. I'd like to see Todd make a return and maybe redeem himself or at least pull a deadpool type change in direction.
I think JSA's Doctor Midnight or Drake will be changing their costume pretty soon.

Batman 687 - solid as usual...bit sad this one was, and Alfred...wow...
Scarecrow looks really badass in this issue too, one of the best interpretations I've seen.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 06-11-2009 at 09:20 AM.
Old 06-11-2009, 06:42 PM
Wade Wilson

No way I can list just one! Yikes.

Well, there are my staples: The Boys, Crossed, Mercy Sparx, Hack/Slash, Deadpool, Skaar: Son of Hulk (I can only stand any Hulk comic when Greg Pak is on it), Scalped, Northladers... then the odd mini or new series here or there.

I'm a huge Garth Ennis fan (can't wait for the Preacher HC!), Warren Ellis is great too... unfortunately Avatar can get a little pricey for me each week so I had to limit my number of books I buy from them, so now I just usually read No Hero where I can instead of buying it.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:21 PM
That fucking Guy...

Just go to dcpp and stop being ripped off by the ever rising prices...even if you still buy half of the stuff you are and download the rest you're supporting the industry more'n they deserve.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:33 PM
Wade Wilson

I usually download back issues when I start getting into a new series then buy new issues from then on, but now that I'm opening my own store I'll just keep mine on the side on Wednesdays. :D

I haven't really noticed a lot of indie stuff going up in price, mostly just Marvel/DC. Now that they both have this stupid 1,000th issue competition going on, what little of their stuff was still worth reading is going to become even slimmer.

I just don't get why Marvel feels the need to drive down the market every twenty years (though this is when indie stuff really starts to shine).
Old 06-12-2009, 10:05 AM
Get ahold of yourself.

Send a message via AIM to massacre man
Picked up and read:

Red Robin #1
Really good, I'm looking forward to the rest of it. Glad to see Tim still has something to do, the whole "Tim Wayne" part gave me chills.

Batman #687
That was incredibly sad, especially Alfred. Great issue, made Battle for the Cowl seem completely pointless. I agree with Cheebs about Scarecrow as well. I think this is supposed to be darker than the main title and focus on Grayson's solo stories.

Flash: Rebirth #3
The ending of the issue was disappointing, a cool twist, but I thought that the story would end up wrapped up in some way. The rest was pretty great and beautifully drawn.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:41 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Grabbed a TPB collection called Deadpool: Classic, Vol. 1...reprints of a bunch of his best comics, supposedly.

Always been a fan, but never actually read too much of his shit. Looking forward to this.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:17 PM
Ziggy Played Guitar

Send a message via MSN to ferretchucker Send a message via Skype™ to ferretchucker
Just got Watchmen. Borrowing it from a friend, and thought I'd better read it before I see the film.

The Ferrets like it...
Old 06-20-2009, 09:01 AM
Hellraiser

Dylan Dog. It's Italian but should become a bit more visible in the States later this year as a film based on it starring Brandon Routh will be released. The comic has had well over 270 regular issues, 20+ special issues and a bunch of others since it first started coming out in 1986. If you're in the States, however, you'll only be able to find the six classic issues released by Dark Horse comics.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:11 PM
Tonight's the nght.

Going to start on Watchmen today. Can't wait!
Old 07-02-2009, 08:31 AM
That fucking Guy...

Best so far this week:

Batman and Robin #2.
The art is AWESOME...best I've seen in a long while...and yeah, having a "different" batman is not immediately what I like about it, but seeing Graysons journey and turmoil with it all is great. The kids a nutjob but I'm growing to like him.

Justice League - Cry for Justice #1.
So good. So damn good. Just go to your store, read the first 2 pages, buy it like you know you should then go enjoy the rest.
Superman more or gets told to fuck off, ha.
FUCK YEAH.

Secret Six - I knew little about most of these characters...something kept me reading, but the last 2 issues were just excellent. Read if you like stories about the "good" bad guys.

DC's doing very well lately IMO now that they've fucked off the big events for the moment.

Over at Marvel, I'm really enjoying Secret Warriors...the best title in the "dark reign" bit so far IMO, it's great to see Nick Fury back, and it' just a badass title.
Also, Avengers - the Initiative. Has been solid from the start and continues as such.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 07-03-2009 at 01:41 AM.