Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-19-2013, 06:19 PM
Evil Dead

Oh man, you would want to kill me if you saw how I organize my collection...

Most of it is kept in DVD bags :eek: I've only kept certain movies, box sets and collectors items in their original cases.

Yes, sometimes I regret doing it that way... but I was living in a really small space (still is, actually!). I had messy stacks of DVDs all over the place, some of them on the floor. I couldn't ever find the movies I wanted to watch, it made a complete mess looking for them, and the DVD stacks got knocked over or fell off the shelves a bit too often. So... it hurt to have to do it, but I needed to save space and protect the discs :(
Old 06-19-2013, 06:27 PM
Evil Dead

Are you talking about those big CD wallets? That's a pretty cool idea though, as it would certainly save on space, considering your tight living arrangement. I can totally respect that. :)

I love my DVD cases and some of them could possibly be considered proper pieces of art in my eyes, so I like keeping them.

I have a couple of book shelfs that I keep my DVD's in, strictly alphabetical, numbers first. Regardless of films being in a series, or the same director, or whatever. Straightforward and if I want to find a film, it's right there. :)

That's just how I opperate.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:14 PM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX_StarChild_Xx View Post
Are you talking about those big CD wallets? That's a pretty cool idea though, as it would certainly save on space, considering your tight living arrangement. I can totally respect that. :)

I love my DVD cases and some of them could possibly be considered proper pieces of art in my eyes, so I like keeping them.

I have a couple of book shelfs that I keep my DVD's in, strictly alphabetical, numbers first. Regardless of films being in a series, or the same director, or whatever. Straightforward and if I want to find a film, it's right there. :)

That's just how I opperate.
I love my Dvd cases too and keep them on shelves as well. Mine are generally alphabetical, but I deviate as mentioned in my descriptions to make it easy to find everything (at least I think it is easier). This only applies to my horror movies, the rest of my movies are just placed on the shelf.

Last edited by metternich1815; 06-19-2013 at 07:16 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:21 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by xX_StarChild_Xx View Post
Yes... and they do save a LOT of space! Buuut I liked the covers too... there's something awesome about looking at a shelf full of great movies. But like I said, I keep certain things in the original covers.
Old 06-20-2013, 06:31 AM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandarian Demon View Post
Yes... and they do save a LOT of space! Buuut I liked the covers too... there's something awesome about looking at a shelf full of great movies. But like I said, I keep certain things in the original covers.
I completely agree (about the covers) , especially when I know they are all horror (at least that's the way I feel.
Old 06-20-2013, 10:09 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
I completely agree (about the covers) , especially when I know they are all horror (at least that's the way I feel.
Same here... I'd lie if I said I wasn't a little proud of my horror collection :cool:
Old 08-14-2013, 08:23 PM
Sometimes dead is better

I ended up buying the regular The Evil Dead (1981) DVD from Wal-Mart for like four dollars. I might buy the Ultimate Edition eventually though.