Old 09-09-2015, 10:52 AM
Evil Dead

I spit on your review

Didn't know till a few days ago that 'I spit on your grave', the original, is so reviled. I was glancing at a few 'worst movies ever'. Lists and its made a few of them. I don't get it, I know it gas rape stuff in it. I just don't get why its so hated. Its not that bad a story, the budget and characters are okay. This story is sensationalist, but not necessarily mm massively more than other horrors around at the time. Don't get the level or revile for it. I can only think its because of its infamy. BTW it is one of my favourite movies ever, and I also really like the remake of it to

Opinions?
Old 06-14-2016, 08:40 AM
Scares Little Kids

I liked it...it was recommended so I found it and watched it recently.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:05 PM
Evil Dead

If anyone says the remake is just as shocking and despairing as the original they're full of bollocks. I've never seen a more unnerving movie than ISOYG.
Old 06-19-2016, 02:52 AM
Evil Dead

I watched the third one the other night. The 3D was complete rubbish but I enjoyed the film. Quite different from the first one (which I also enjoyed).
Old 06-26-2016, 04:41 PM
Scares Little Kids

I thought the remake was good too, but for me the original is way better.
I don't get why it made the lists eather!
I've seen the second and third to the remake too, I thought they were somewhat amusing but just not needed, did not add anything to the story,, when I watched the third one I thought it was a cool idea to see the first girl deal with her trauma after, but in my opinion.. it was a good idea but carried out so bad.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:05 PM
The Original Copycat

It's a film that was instantly condemned both for it's premise and title/marketing. It was hard for people to swallow a 40 minute rape back then and, coupled with the violence that followed, it had every shithead critic on their high horse about whatever they thought would make them look good.

Going back and watching the film now, sure it can be shocking or horrible, but it was obviously blown way out of proportion.
Old 07-01-2016, 07:21 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oro13 View Post
It's a film that was instantly condemned both for it's premise and title/marketing.
The marketing was genius. When the film came out first i was titled 'Day of the Woman'. It got shitty distribution and was totally ignore..Then enter Jerry Gross who picked it up - retitled it (probably stealing the name from 50's race revenge film). Then that amazing poster was used for advertising and its imfamy started..

It is still banned here (Ireland).
Old 07-12-2016, 07:36 AM
Evil Dead

My wife and I watched this over the weekend-it was her idea! Saw it about 30 years ago and while still not something I would want to watch again, thought Camille Keaton really was excellent in her portrayal and just fell in love with her when she gets her revenge. Rape is ugly and this film certainly shows that. Those guys deserve EVERYTHING that she dishes out. Not a great film by any means, but not as bad as Ebert and others made it out to be.
Old 10-30-2016, 10:42 AM
dj smuv

this one of the better low budget flix of the decade - quite disturbing - made me squirm abit - the remake i saw , was pretty good on its on - but i liked the gritty look of the orginal , along with the slightly above c movie acting of most of the cast