Old 02-10-2007, 07:59 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Last Comic you Bought

There's a "last book" in the book section and a "recent aquisitions" in the modern horror section, so why not a lst comic thread.

I just bought Sandman World's End (#8 in the series)

I know I should be through these, but I fell off a bit after #7.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 02-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

I picked up Civil War 4,5,6,and Ultimate Fantastic four 32 a few weeks ago.
Old 02-10-2007, 01:51 PM
Dead Living

i think it was a spider-man 2099. with a foil cover,
it was atleast twelve years ago.
Old 02-13-2007, 12:26 AM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
I picked up "Making Comics" by Scott McCloud after I loved "Understanding Comics."
Old 02-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Hell on earth

spawn#25:cool:

Old 02-15-2007, 06:37 AM
Evil Dead

Don't really BUY them anymore, just DL 'em.
Although, I saw a hardcover TPB of the first 10 issues of BONE, in colour, that I might consider picking up.

Other than that...last time I actually bought comics, in the last lot was some "thunderbolts", a spider-man with a black cover (now apparently worth a lot) set just after the WTC thing, an issue of Avengers, and some other stuff I can't remember.
Old 02-15-2007, 07:38 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I can't stand downloadable comics or books. I need the tactile pleasure or holding it's weight, turning the pages. But I fell off the comic thing when it was really getting good ad have since been paying catch-up.

Love my local shop. It's filled with really nice guys who always have something cool for me. Goignt to pick up the first Transmetropolitan today because I went in looking for a comic equivilent of Diogenes.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 02-15-2007, 07:58 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
I can't stand downloadable comics or books. I need the tactile pleasure or holding it's weight, turning the pages.
I agree, it's nice to touch the pages, smell the print, and flip through books...for about 4 years while still living at home, not having to pay any rent or bills, all that shit, I collected many comics...but right now, predominately being a student, just not something I can afford.
However, downloading them is not only obviously more "affordable", it keeps me caught up with those titles I'd LIKE to follow, without waiting for a time where I'm more financially capable, having to track down HEAPS of back issues, which will probably cost more to get comics in not-so-great condition, or way-too-overpriced comics in grading containers, that I won't even be able to read...soo...I'm good with this. Besides, I think everyone collecting has to admit that it's pretty stupidly expensive now...since everyone started collecting thinking everything would be "worth something one day", all that's happened is the prices have gone up, and the eventual value has gone down...to the collector, of course, the comic stores rip you the fuck off for back issues, so yeah, at this point, no more collecting.
I've got my box full of sealed comics, but that's it for me, for now.

Although, I will on occasion see something I REALLY want and grab it...sometimes I'll find the odd treasure trove of old comics and back issues in second-hand bookstores, and buy HEAPS (Got a whole bunch of "ROM", magnus: robot fighter, and wonderman once, quite cheaply), or I'll read about a certain graphic novel or TPB that I'd like, eg - the aforementioned BONE is a great read, and sometimes even single issues I'll make the effort of buying....I was considering "John Woo's - 7 Brothers" as I've enjoyed it so much thus far.
So, it's not as though I'm entirely against BUYING the stuff, just not really collecting anything.
Old 02-15-2007, 08:21 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

I hear you. I don't "collect" in that I don't see comics as any kind of investment - and I would never by an old original when there's a reprint available. It's all about story for me. I'm so far behind that I usually pick up two trade paperbacks a month.

Francis Bacon
Old 02-15-2007, 10:04 PM
No charge for awesomeness

The only comics I've bought in the past probably 7 or 8 years have been the Sin City TPBs & the Preacher TPBs.

I used to read Spiderman & X-Men religiously though when I was younger.