Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-08-2008, 06:00 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mothman View Post
I highly, highly, highly disagree
I highly, highly, highly disagree with your disagreement.

The Hogfather
Old 08-08-2008, 06:09 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

A movie i'll always enjoy - but it's too low key for the audiences of today.
Too subtle, not enough payoff.

but it's a perfect reflection of my favorite cinematic period (late 60's - to mid 70's)
Old 08-08-2008, 06:10 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leland_malinski View Post
Last night I revisited Night of the Living Dead and it was at good as the first time I see it.. I love the scene sort of towards the beginning where the Flesheater is trying to get into the car and trying to break the window.. that scene still holds up.. the feeling of entrapment is awesome there..

the night before I watched Wes Craven's "The People Under the Stairs". . i had never seen it.. and I found it to be a little disappointing.. Kind of like Home Alone meets Horror.. i just couldn't be scared when the lead is a little kid.. He did alright on the acting, but some of his lines were super weak... And not a lot of frights in it... I did love the opening with the Tarot Cards though..

I think the Next thing I am going to revisit is The Thing... which I haven't seen in a while.. and then any suggestions for a movie.. with say around a 300,000 or under budget.. that is actual good... any suggestions???
I always wanted to see "The People Under the Stairs" because it has a ridiculously good title (honestly), but I've heard it's pretty bad, so I've stayed away.

As for indie horror flics (I honestly have very little frame of reference for how much movies cost in general, so I am going to read "<= $300,000" to mean "indie"), I suggest:
  • Session 9 - Brilliant little gem shot in Danvers, MA asylum which is about an hour away from where I live
  • Mulberry St - Fantastic little infection movie from the After Dark horror fest. Obviously low budget, but I think that the direct does well with limited funds
  • Crazy Eights - Also from After Dark horror fest. Solid little ghost story.
  • May - Ridiculously good horror character piece. Wish I got more cult attention.
  • Murder Party - Ridiculously low budget, but fantastic. Funny and legitimately horrifying toward the end.
  • The Signal - Brilliantly gritty. Definitely worth a watch.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:25 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Leland_malinski
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I always wanted to see "The People Under the Stairs" because it has a ridiculously good title (honestly), but I've heard it's pretty bad, so I've stayed away.

As for indie horror flics (I honestly have very little frame of reference for how much movies cost in general, so I am going to read "<= $300,000" to mean "indie"), I suggest:
  • Session 9 - Brilliant little gem shot in Danvers, MA asylum which is about an hour away from where I live
  • Mulberry St - Fantastic little infection movie from the After Dark horror fest. Obviously low budget, but I think that the direct does well with limited funds
  • Crazy Eights - Also from After Dark horror fest. Solid little ghost story.
  • May - Ridiculously good horror character piece. Wish I got more cult attention.
  • Murder Party - Ridiculously low budget, but fantastic. Funny and legitimately horrifying toward the end.
  • The Signal - Brilliantly gritty. Definitely worth a watch.
I think i am going to try and find Murder Party... I really appreciate the suggestions... I am shooting a Party Scene for my short next month.. so this might give me some reference material.. hopefully I can get to the whole list soon.. I had already seen Crazy Eights.. and thought it was fairly decent.. .

so thanks.. Hopefully my local video store has it.. I hate blockbuster...
Old 08-08-2008, 06:26 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by urgeok2 View Post
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

A movie i'll always enjoy - but it's too low key for the audiences of today.
Too subtle, not enough payoff.

but it's a perfect reflection of my favorite cinematic period (late 60's - to mid 70's)
I love this movie too... William Goldman is a brilliant writer... Penning this and Princess Bride... he makes it on my favorite writer list.. I love the fucking ending.. I think more movies should do that style ending...

what do you guys feel about the lead character dying in a horror movie?
Old 08-08-2008, 06:29 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leland_malinski View Post
I think i am going to try and find Murder Party... I really appreciate the suggestions... I am shooting a Party Scene for my short next month.. so this might give me some reference material.. hopefully I can get to the whole list soon.. I had already seen Crazy Eights.. and thought it was fairly decent.. .

so thanks.. Hopefully my local video store has it.. I hate blockbuster...
I got it through Netflix... Not sure how big a distribution it got, though...

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 08-08-2008, 06:35 AM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
I thought May was great, there are a lot of folks here who LOVE it... and one who hates it with every fiber of his being.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:38 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
I thought May was great, there are a lot of folks here who LOVE it... and one who hates it with every fiber of his being.
He's not here anymore.

The May horde drew him away.
Old 08-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Banned

Alright.. so May and Murder Party.. got it..

I used to have netflix, but my roommates already have Blockbuster online... and it drives me crazy because One blockbuster doesn't have shit for a catalogue.. and my roommates take blockbuster's "recommendations" for them.. which include shit like Drilbit Taylor, and Stepping UP''' ... I have to go back to netflix... peace..
Old 08-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
I thought May was great, . and one who hates it with every fiber of his being.
yeah - but his taste is in his ass anyway.

May is a great film ..

Angela Bettis is a very talented lady.