Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Old 10-21-2018, 09:49 AM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

I hated the vampire hunters from John Carpenter's Vampires including the two main "heroes". They were all dicks!

Partying with hookers, stealing a man's car at gunpoint, interrogating a man by shoving a cloth in his mouth and slicing his hand open, etc.

Yeah I really don't like macho jerk heroes.
Old 11-14-2018, 08:24 AM
Evil Dead

John Carpenter's vampires.

That movie wasn't really about vampires. It was about shooting people and blowing things up.
Same with From dusk till dawn.
Old 11-15-2018, 03:07 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoneus1957 View Post
That movie wasn't really about vampires. It was about shooting people and blowing things up.
Yeah I can't stand those kinds of movies just like I can't stand The Terminator or Predator.

I don't feel like horror and action mixes well together but that's just my opinion.

I especially can't stand it when the "heroes" hurt innocent people like all those cops in Terminator 2 who were just doing their jobs. I mean for all they knew Sarah Connor was a violent psycho bitch and the "good" Terminator was a dangerous criminal who massacered an entire police station in the first movie. They didn't know that the world was going to end.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 11-15-2018 at 03:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:11 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by idoneus1957 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvablePsycho View Post
Yeah I can't stand those kinds of movies just like I can't stand The Terminator or Predator.

I don't feel like horror and action mixes well together but that's just my opinion.

I especially can't stand it when the "heroes" hurt innocent people like all those cops in Terminator 2 who were just doing their jobs. I mean for all they knew Sarah Connor was a violent psycho bitch and the "good" Terminator was a dangerous criminal who massacered an entire police station in the first movie. They didn't know that the world was going to end.
Hate to say it, but I didn't care for Carpenter's Vampires and From Dusk till Dawn. I was often entertained with Dusk, but as a whole movie, not satisfying.

At for Terminator, weren't Reese, Sarah and the Chief good enough folks for ya? They didn't hurt any innocent people.

Terminator 2, yeah, Sarah was going to do anything, nonlethal to get out, save her son and the world from literally annihilation. And she was going to kill the tech researcher, but didn't, which was a key aspect of the movie. There was plenty of wanton violence and killing, which in general might not be your cup of tea, but also throughout the entire film the son forced the Terminator to never take a human life... that's got to have some real cred, right?

Predator, I have to admit, as I only saw it once a long time ago, I don't recall if it was trashy, I just remember the last quarter got really interesting.

Last edited by Sculpt; 11-15-2018 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:30 PM
Rotten Stinky Zombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Hate to say it, but I didn't care for Carpenter's Vampires and From Dusk till Dawn. I was often entertained with Dusk, but as a whole movie,.

At for Terminator, weren't Reese, Sarah and the Chief good enough folks for ya? They didn't hurt any innocent people.

Terminator 2, yeah, Sarah was going to do anything, nonlethal to get out, save her son and the world from literally annihilation. And she was going to kill the tech researcher, but didn't, which was a key aspect of the movie. There was plenty of wanton violence and killing, which in general might not be your cup of tea, but also throughout the entire film the son forced the Terminator to never take a human life... that's got to have some real cred, right?

Predator, I have to admit, as I only saw it once a long time ago, I don't recall if it was trashy, I just remember the last quarter got really interesting.
She was innocent in the first movie but in the second I got the feeling that she would have killed anybody to stop the world from ending (and ironically the entire world ended anyways in the third movie so it all seems pretty pointless what they did right? )

Also I know that the movie tells us that the Terminator technically didn't kill anybody in the second movie but realistically the way he brutalized many of those cops and hospital staff I'd be surprised if somebody really could survive that. Like throwing an orderly through a hard glass window (probably the strong type of glass designed to keep patients from breaking out) or throwing a cop head first into a concrete pillar which could kill a person in real life. Also think about those poor cops he shot in knees. They may not be dead but they're fucked for life until the end of the world happens.

And one more point. When they were entering the lab and were preparing to blow it up they captured a security guard and tied him up in the restroom. Another man found him tied up and alerted the authorities. So if nobody ever found him I'm guessing they were just going to blow up the building while an innocent security guard was tied up in the restroom? lol dat "no killing" logic.

Last edited by LuvablePsycho; 11-16-2018 at 05:24 AM.
Old 11-19-2018, 09:50 AM
Evil Dead

nightmare on elm street

I always enjoy seeing John Saxon pop up.
Old 02-27-2019, 08:45 PM
Also known as newb

Old 03-02-2019, 06:37 PM
That fucking Guy...

I dunno his name...but that dumb dickhead who freaked out in NOTLD
Old 06-29-2019, 05:57 AM
Little Boo

I really hated Tina in The Return of the Living Dead. The way she kept tripping and falling every 5 seconds and needed somebody to grab her and carry her. Also your boyfriend is turning into one of those zombies that killing people, so OF COURSE you would let yourself get locked in a room with him.

Stupid bitch.

Last edited by WeRGoing2EatU; 06-29-2019 at 05:58 AM.
Old 06-29-2019, 08:54 PM
Scares Little Kids

Masters Of Horror: Incident On and Off a Mountain Road (yea, thats the title!) Hated the main girl--its the scripts' fault. Just ran around and fell down for hours. Terrible little movie.

Cant remember more now but there are hundreds.