Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-25-2019, 07:26 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Oh I didn't mean you, I meant them and the God stuff they were on about.

Tomorrow is "Australia Day", our 26th of January anyway.
It's become the funniest thing to see online kerfuffle about...There's a movement to cancel it and start referring to it as "Invasion Day".
The best part is?
It's mainly a total white person thing.
It's like, if you're that cut up about it, sign over everything you own to the Aboriginal community and you'd best be on your way back to the UK?
Just make sure to let everyone know on social media
Excellent point.
Old 01-25-2019, 11:34 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morningriser View Post
Actually one more thing I wanted to add, how convenient is it that now, after all of this uproar, they are showing the portions of the video that makes a natives look bad and the black people look bad? At first it was white people being made to look bad and now they're making them look like the only ones who weren't doing the wrong thing. How convenient...
The part that bugs me is our culture is looking at them as groups, and this made up thing called 'races', instead of looking at each of these people as the individuals that they are. That's not good at all. Each of those folks has to own their own behavior. We shouldn't think of 'that group' doing this or that, as that just causes inner biases against groups, tribalism, and judging people based on their 'cover' rather than the content of their character, to quote Dr. MLK Jr.

At the very least, I would have hoped those HS kids showed more respect for their elder, Mr Phillips, gave him the benefit of the doubt and listened to him -- because he's their elder, not because he's 'native american', and see what his character is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
Tomorrow is "Australia Day", our 26th of January anyway.
It's become the funniest thing to see online kerfuffle about...There's a movement to cancel it and start referring to it as "Invasion Day".
The best part is?
It's mainly a total white person thing.
It's like, if you're that cut up about it, sign over everything you own to the Aboriginal community and you'd best be on your way back to the UK?
Just make sure to let everyone know on social media
I still really like the song "Beds Are Burning" by Midnight Oil.

Yeah, it's a tough thing. I know a little bit about Australia's history regarding the Aboriginals. I think it's good for the nation to do what the can, but leaving the country is a bit extreme. Peoples have moved around the globe, sometimes displacing, sometimes joining, the people who were already there. We don't have the records to 'go back to the 'real' original', but we can still acknowledge and debate history. Calling it Invasion Day doesn't seem particularly helpful, but I think people should be open to discussing solutions, reconciliation, and even recompense if appropriate and feasible.

Old 01-25-2019, 01:23 PM
Banned

But I don't understand what it is you think the Native Americans need to own up to. All they were trying to do was basically be a shield between the religious Fanatics and the kids. I realize the school kids were just being dumb kids and may not have even realized some of the things they were doing came off as racist as they were. I feel like the media is trying to completely turn everyone away from the fact that it was black religious extremists that instigated the entire thing. It is true that they have shown footage of them provoking the students, but they still refuse to show footage of them also provoking the Native Americans, because they want you to believe that the natives were defending the extremists, when they were defending both groups from each other. which is on purpose so that the natives and the black people will look just as bad now since they are putting white Trump supporters under fire and this is what they need to turn the attention away from them and onto the minorities. This whole fabrication of information is simply their way to turn it around and make the white people look correct and all of this. The whole thing about the kid in the Hat and the native was basically just a stand your ground thing where neither would back off from the other and perhaps Nathan Phillips did get a little carried away, but he wasn't violent, he didn't touch the guy, he didn't yell anything or say anything to him and he kept eye contact with him and even after the entire incident, he went on one of these morning shows to do an interview and said he is completely at peace with the situation and that he has been praying on the matter and that he has no hatred or animosity towards him or any of the students, but I do think since the kid, who was also interviewed, apologize for any racial Nu Windows he might have suggested, he did not apologize for standing his ground, and I feel like Nathan Phillips perhaps should have apologized for the way he reacted, but unfortunately he didn't take any responsibility for it, which I will say is kind of a douchebag thing to do. Like

I think all they were doing was trying to keep peace but everything just got completely thrown out of proportion. I don't feel like the natives or the high school students were really that damaging to one another nearly as much as the extremists were. The fact that they will not play the part of the video where the guy says their land was taken from them because they don't worship the correct God. I mean doesn't anybody find that alone to be far more threatening than anything that happened in that crowd? It all comes down to the media showing what they want so they can manipulate the viewers into believing one certain group of people were wrong while the other were right. This was all spearheaded by the media to begin with in the first place. They are the ones who are breaking apart the country. They are just as responsible for messing with the system as the government currently is and I'm afraid between the two things are going to get to the point where everyone says fuck it and picks up arms and begins using them.

Did anyone know that two children have both died from dehydration while under the custody of ice? Deliberate negligent is what led to their death but will anybody be held accountable for that? Probably not.

And even though the government shutdown just ended, it's coming back again in three weeks so that means more homeless people. Why doesn't anyone seem to care? Donald Trump's excuse for opening the government back up today was because of all the airports not running correctly to hide the fact that he knows his time is nearly up. This morning was also the arrest of one of his top guys, Rodger Stone. In order to distract everyone from that, which is only making him look worse and worse, he ended the shutdown. He is scared. He knows he will never get this racist Monument, not a wall, which he seems to think is going to be built out of invisible steel, his words not mine, and now he's going to do whatever he can to delay the process of him finally having to answer for all of his crimes of treason and with any luck he'll be put to death, if anything for what happened to those two children. If anyone can honestly say he doesn't deserve any less, then I think you should be considered hostile and dangerous and a threat to society just like him and the rest of his supporters. He is no longer a president, he is a dictator, a power-hungry dictator. Any leader with his kind of authority and power who puts his own selfish and personal wants before the safety and well-being of the a nation and the people he took an oath and swore to protect, that should speak volume.

Last edited by Morningriser; 01-25-2019 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:27 AM
Banned

Let's just change the subject guys. I'm sorry for bringing it up to begin with. I've been under a lot of stress the last couple of days and I actually completely deleted my Facebook account this morning because a lot of the stress has to do with logging on only to see people lashing out in such violent hate speech towards one another over issues just like this and I refuse to allow it to hurt me anymore and I refuse to contribute to a self-destructing genocidal zeitgeist. I am far too empathic for my own good.

I made my third and final attempt this morning to make some sort of peace or get closure with my grandfather and he yelled at the whole time and would speak over me when I was trying to ask him why he didn't tell me about my grandmother dying but told the other grandkids and his response was, "that's bullshit". He is my grandfather and rather than even trying to explain to me why he thinks I'm wrong or to put my mind at ease, which has been a fucking racehorse for the last few years, which him and the rest of the family know I have been extremely depressed and even suicidal at one time, but he doesn't even care. He really wasn't counting on me ever bringing that up I am sure but the mushrooms brought out all these repressed memories and feelings that I locked away because I couldn't deal with them at the time in knowing my grandfather was this perfect person I thought he was and since he refuses to even try to see things from my point of view and just wants the conversation over and done with, that to me proves that he knows I'm right. He told me this morning he doesn't want to talk to me ever again and that's fine. After my grandmother died the whole family showed their true colors and not one of them can even tell me what their problem is. I feel ashamed to come from a family of such pussies.
Old 01-26-2019, 07:33 AM
ventricle

Quote:
But I don't understand what it is you think the Native Americans need to own up to. All they were trying to do was basically be a shield between the religious Fanatics and the kids. ...

... I feel like Nathan Phillips perhaps should have apologized for the way he reacted, but unfortunately he didn't take any responsibility for it, which I will say is kind of a douchebag thing to do.
You've answered your own question. Really though, I didn't say Mr Phillips has to answer for anything, I just pointed out what he did. Let me just add, ask yourself, why was Phillips and his group there with drums at the monument? They were there to be seen and messages heard (same as BHI group). They got that beyond their wildest imagination. And that's fine; I fully support our Constitutional rights/principals of freedom of speech, assembly and petition/protest.

Quote:
Like I think all they were doing was trying to keep peace but everything just got completely thrown out of proportion. I don't feel like the natives or the high school students were really that damaging to one another nearly as much as the extremists were. The fact that they will not play the part of the video where the guy says their land was taken from them because they don't worship the correct God. I mean doesn't anybody find that alone to be far more threatening than anything that happened in that crowd?
Nope, not really, you should have expected this (vid below). This media incident highlights not jumping to conclusions.

And so what? Let everybody there speak their opinions and converse if they want. It's not 'threatening' as in physical violence, it's mentally confrontational... people have ideas, grievances, needs, etc, no need to get pissed off about it... we're not even there, they handled it themselves.

Quote:
It all comes down to the media showing what they want so they can manipulate the viewers into believing one certain group of people were wrong while the other were right. This was all spearheaded by the media to begin with in the first place. They are the ones who are breaking apart the country. They are just as responsible for messing with the system as the government
Primarily media does this for money: viewership brings advertising dollars. At some point the individual interests of the individual media owners comes into play; and people can debate what those are. But I don't think anyone 'in the media' pre-planned this, it's possible, but I doubt it. Almost everyone with a cell phone is minorly 'in the media' now.

I'd just say people need to embrace listening, discussion, debate, respect for fellow human beings and finding common ground.

Old 01-26-2019, 07:47 AM
ventricle

Quote:
Let's just change the subject guys. I'm sorry for bringing it up to begin with. I've been under a lot of stress the last couple of days and I actually completely deleted my Facebook account this morning because a lot of the stress has to do with logging on only to see people lashing out in such violent hate speech towards one another over issues just like this and I refuse to allow it to hurt me anymore and I refuse to contribute to a self-destructing genocidal zeitgeist. I am far too empathic for my own good.

I made my third and final attempt this morning to make some sort of peace or get closure with my grandfather and he yelled at the whole time and would speak over me when I was trying to ask him why he didn't tell me about my grandmother dying but told the other grandkids and his response was, "that's bullshit". He is my grandfather and rather than even trying to explain to me why he thinks I'm wrong or to put my mind at ease, which has been a fucking racehorse for the last few years, which him and the rest of the family know I have been extremely depressed and even suicidal at one time, but he doesn't even care. He really wasn't counting on me ever bringing that up I am sure but the mushrooms brought out all these repressed memories and feelings that I locked away because I couldn't deal with them at the time in knowing my grandfather was this perfect person I thought he was and since he refuses to even try to see things from my point of view and just wants the conversation over and done with, that to me proves that he knows I'm right. He told me this morning he doesn't want to talk to me ever again and that's fine. After my grandmother died the whole family showed their true colors and not one of them can even tell me what their problem is. I feel ashamed to come from a family of such pussies.
Sorry to hear that about your grandfather, Morn. People get pissed and say things in the heat of emotion. Still, getting away from non-beneficial negativity and bickering can be good, such as Facebook or family bickering.

Old 01-26-2019, 09:35 AM
Banned

I never said that you said Nathan Phillips needed to take responsibility. I was pointing out that you said all three GROUPS need to take responsibility. The Native Americans did absolutely nothing wrong. The reason they were there, in full ceremonial clothing, playing drums, chanting and dancing was because it was a Native American peace rally. It was a gathering where the natives could come together and celebrate. It just happened to be in the nation's capital. They weren't there to spread any kind of awareness or their beliefs or to heckle and harass people, unlike the extremists who were only there to protest the Native Americans and basically persecuting them for their beliefs and belittling them because they didn't believe as they do. It sounds to me like you are trying to make all parties seem equally responsible when that is not the case at all! I'm not sure how familiar you are with Native American culture but when they gather like that, it's ceremonial.

If you would take the time to watch the video or at least skim through it, you could see things plain as day for yourself rather than taking what the media tells you as Church. The media realizes they fucked up when they put all the blame on the white people, who I have since came to the conclusion they did nothing wrong either other than just acted like teenagers, so they had to introduce this group of black radicals, whom despite all the terrible religious hate speech they were throwing at the natives at the very beginning of the video, were never even mentioned until it came time to take the blame away from the white people and put it on the minorities, but they knew putting sole blame on black people, whether if they were the only people at fault or not, would just cause a major backlash, so they only showed certain parts of the video to manipulate the people into believing what the media wanted them to and they did so in a way to make the Native Americans look just as bad as the extremists. The media played it off by saying they had new footage where they then show the extremists threatening the white kids and then they show the natives protecting the extremists. There is also footage where they were protecting the kids and when they were dancing and beating their drums and chanting, they were standing between the two groups. when it was a 2 hour long video. They had the footage the entire time, but saying we found new footage, is a blatant lie and their way of not having to admit they withheld this from you before to make one specific group of people look bad but since they are white and probably Trump supporters, blame these guys and while we're at it let's blame the natives as well so we can make the white people look even better,.They never showed the extremists persecuting the hell out of the natives at the very beginning of the video by telling them their land was taken from them because they don't believe in the Christian God. I consider that to be even worse than the very first initial clip of the kids and the natives or at the very least, important enough to show in their initial news reports, but rather than doing that and making the Native Americans look like the peacekeepers, which they were, which was why they were standing between the two groups, and Nathan Phillips did what he did, to keep the two groups separated. Then a day or two later they had Nathan Phillips on Good Morning America or one of those morning shows via satellite and was talking to him and they were only asking him about the students and never even mention the extremists. I wonder why... if people can seriously believe any of the media's bullshit, I genuinely pity them. There's no "all three are to blame" bullshit, responsibility needs to be taken instead of just trying to make all look equally responsible. That's what's wrong with this country, we are all a bunch of fat puffy pink pussies afraid to stand up for any Goddamn thing we believe in or to think for ourselves because being lazy and getting spoon-fed poison.

I'm so sick and tired of everyone believing everything the media tells them without doing their own research and developing their own opinions when all they are trying to do is keep the hate, violence, prejudice and all the other filth of the world swirling so they can have jobs. I feel like I have made my point and there is really nothing else to say. If you want to believe that all three groups were equally to blame, be my guest but unless you watch the video and made your own opinions, they are flawed because it sounds to me like you are strictly going by what the media is telling you that you should go by.

Now since considering yesterday after I made that post, you were on the message board several times and never felt the need to chime in then, but once I realize all I was doing was lighting a powder keg, I said let's change the subject, and I did. It's pretty convenient that you come and start this back up after I say that, isn't it? And before you say you just now saw it, I saw you viewing This Thread yesterday a few times after I made my post. If you want to keep on talking about it that's fine, but I'm done with it.

Last edited by Morningriser; 01-26-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Old 01-26-2019, 10:05 AM
Banned

Now... Could somebody recommend a good free proxy program for me to download so I can use Popcorn Time safely?
Old 01-26-2019, 12:49 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Now since considering yesterday after I made that post, you were on the message board several times and never felt the need to chime in then, but once I realize all I was doing was lighting a powder keg, I said let's change the subject, and I did. It's pretty convenient that you come and start this back up after I say that, isn't it? And before you say you just now saw it, I saw you viewing This Thread yesterday a few times after I made my post. If you want to keep on talking about it that's fine, but I'm done with it.
I was only talking about it cause I wanted to conversate with you about it. It was interesting, but I'm spent on it too. Plus, look at the times of our posts: you posted 'let's change the subject' today at 11:27am, and my post today at 11:33am. If you think I could read, find/link that vid and write all that in less than 5 mins, than you give me too much credit. Na, I saw your post after I posted mine. But like you said, it doesn't deserve anymore of our attention.

Quote:
Now... Could somebody recommend a good free proxy program for me to download so I can use Popcorn Time safely?
Sorry, can't hep ya there.

Old 01-26-2019, 12:58 PM
Banned

You're right man, I'm sorry. I was thinking I posted the thing about changing the subject last night. I just wanted to prove to you that not all groups were to blame, just the extremists to provoke everything. The media wants World War 3 or a Civil War at the very least. This is a sick sad time in reality to live. I did however post the video yesterday and you said you were going to watch it so I guess I assumed you did, but given what I had already said, I don't understand why you would say what you did thinking you knew the facts when you didn't. I'm not trying to be a dick or anything, but it's stuff like this why everyone believes the media, because they think because they say it's true when all you have to do is a little digging of your own to find out just what kind of monsters and internal terrorists they really are. Now since we are both in agreeance, let's just drop it.

Last edited by Morningriser; 01-26-2019 at 01:02 PM.