don't start listing joe's movies

and certainly not mr franco's

:eek:
I won't. It certainly wouldn't end well!:D
Old 08-06-2009, 06:58 PM
Misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by shloggs View Post
I recently got and watched Horrible AKA Absurd AKA Grim Reaper 2 AKA about a million other titles. I'm a big Anthropophagous fan, but this film was pretty much a letdown. Anthro was slow and meandering and had bad acting and effects, but it also had atmosphere and power and shock value. Eastman was a sight to behold despite the crudity of his makeup job. Horrible has some gore, but nothing as shocking and tasteless as in Anthro. The atmosphere is nil due to terrible lighting and dull locations. The movie seems to have been shot in a broom closet, the producers house and on a service road. Even good ol' Luigi Montefiorre's presence is somewhat muted by the decision to have him go sans makeup wearing blue jeans and what appears to be a dickies work shirt. Rather uninspired.

The ending was kinda fun though.
I liked Absurd a lot more than Anthropophagous :)

I hear what you're saying tho I just thought Absurd was a better crafted film especially it pace and acting. I dug how the killer wasn't dressed up like a monster because it made the story a little more believable. I think it's a solid slasher.

Last edited by Elvis_Christ; 08-06-2009 at 07:06 PM.