Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies

Old 10-14-2009, 02:03 PM
mostly ghostly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1zl3 View Post
...MORE MOVIES!!!! (please)
Did you see any of the ones I listed on the last page?
Old 10-14-2009, 02:17 PM
Minister of the Sinister

Thumbs up

...sorry I didn't respond. I'll do so now:

Quote:
Inland Empire
Picnic at Hanging Rock
The Vanishing (Spoorloos) (1988)
Begotten
I've seen these with exception of Picnic at Hanging Rock. A friend of mine says he owns it, so I'll bum his copy and let you know what I think! Thanks for the help... MORE MOVIES!!!!
Old 10-15-2009, 10:01 AM
Minister of the Sinister

**UPDATE**

--I watched Picnic at Hanging Rock and was filled with an unrelenting desire to... fall asleep. This film wasn't creepy, or intriguing, or very much of anything. If you ever want to find what happened up on the rock, just look for the missing Chapter 18 on the web... Here's a link:
http://www.mck.com.au/users/brett/in...angingRock.htm

--I also caught the movie Inside (� l'int�rieur) and it was brutal. Not scary mind you, just gory and brutal. The beginning was great and I was sure that this movie would be a winner, then the violence and ass-kickings just grew exponentially until you get to a point where you question how a person could survive with that much trauma and blood loss... Good slasher, shitty scary movie.
If you've seen it, please explain something to me; Why did the cop return to life, transform into a creepy demon-like person and repeatedly nightstick the "heroine" in the belly??? Did that have any relevance to the story or was it purely for shock???

...MORE MOVIES!!!!!

Last edited by p1zl3; 10-15-2009 at 10:06 AM.
Old 10-15-2009, 11:31 AM
jenn

you could try the grudge 3 it was better then the 1st two everyone said that trick or treat scared them but you may think that it was funny but it had some great parts maybe boogeyman 3 it was pretty good the ring 1 and 2 are good you could also try the collector or unborn hope that helps
Old 10-16-2009, 05:46 PM
Minister of the Sinister

Quote:
You could try the grudge 3... trick or treat... boogeyman 3... the ring 1 and 2... the collector or unborn.
Thanks for the list Jenn, but I have seen all of these apart from Boogeyman 3 (which I couldn't bring myself to watch after the first two installments) and The Grudge 3 (because the sequel sucked harder than a Tennessee tornado) . I dug The Ring because it reminded me alot of home (Seattle) and that enhanced the overall creepieness of the film. The sequel however, was a crying travesty and I constantly found myself saying "Why the hell does that have to do with anything!?!".

...What else you got? (Keep em' coming! ;) )
Old 10-17-2009, 09:09 AM
Say No To Mental Health

How about old movies? Ever see Don't Look Now or Tourist Trap? They won't scare you sh*tless but they're worth it.

I saw Tourist Trap as a kid and my psychotic dad kept doing his Chuck Connors impression until I developed a phobia of suffocation.
Old 10-17-2009, 12:34 PM
Minister of the Sinister

Quote:
How about old movies? Ever see Don't Look Now or Tourist Trap? They won't scare you sh*tless but they're worth it.

I saw Tourist Trap as a kid and my psychotic dad kept doing his Chuck Connors impression until I developed a phobia of suffocation.
Don't Look Now had great story, great build, great atmosphere... and the worst ending I've ever seen in film (apart from Boiler Room ). So much could have been done... and we ended up with geriatric midgets... *sigh*

I'm pretty sure I have Tourist Trap somewhere around here (probably hiding in my mountain of VHS tapes) I just haven't watched it yet... but I will now that you've recommended it! :D

...Sounds like you have a pretty cool father!! Mine indoctrinated me at an early age with Monty Python movies, Black Adder and more innuendos for private parts than you can shake a stick at. He never really mastered phobias... I had to develop those on my own. ;)
Old 10-18-2009, 07:36 AM
Say No To Mental Health

I'm midget-obsessed so I love the ending of Don't Look Now. Anything with little people. They can be creepy or sexy or... they're very versatile.

I guess my dad made up for my emotional scars by introducing me to Monty Python. Of course that's qualified by his affinity for Benny Hill.
Old 10-18-2009, 08:52 PM
GreenMachine

Well, p1zl3... like you and many others, I rarely encounter any horror films that are even remotely disturbing. However, these are the few exceptions:

Jacob's Ladder (1990)
The Wicker Man (1973), Original
Prince of Darkness (1987)
The Cell (2000)
The Thing (1982)
Invasion of the Bodysnatchers (1978), Best Version
Old 10-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Waste Disposer

Funny that so many people put The Descent.

That has to be the only movie I have ever seen that would have been terrifying even if there were no monsters.