Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-08-2007, 12:34 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
Boundaries are pushed, standards are broken, techniques are formed. Exploitation usually has an extreme amount of offensive content- gore, sexual content, profanity, etc.

The Devil's Rejects is a fantastic film. Tony, it couldn't be less like House of 1000 Corpses (though I liked them both).
thanks. i just thought house... lost its way a bit in the last 30 mins. it did have one of my now favourite horror characters in captain spaulding,
SPOILER
i just wish he had've been one of the bad guys. i would like to see him make a reappearance in another movie. does anyone know the actors film boigraphy?
Old 03-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
loved it, however after about its 5th viewing or so, i started to notice a lot of flaws. still good though.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 03-08-2007, 07:38 PM
Queen of the Labyrinth

Great film and very creative idea to use 70s influence. That is one of the reasons why I watched it was because it was diffrent then the HOTC film. ^^ I love the characters and you have to say the sherif was just as bad if not worse.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Jaded

The Devil's Rejects is my favorite movie. I love the ending, it always makes me cry even though I've seen it over and over. How many horror flicks do THAT to people? :) I love the characters, especially Otis. He is sooooo damn sexy (ok, he may have a few bad habits, but so what). ;) :D

"There is no fuckin' ice cream in your fuckin' future." -Otis
"Once in a while ya get shown the light, in the strangest of places if ya look at it right." -RH&JG
"Do your best, fuck the rest." -Me
"Onward, through the fog..." -Me
Old 03-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Evil Dead

I hated The Devil's Rejects. The best scene is the opening police raid when the rejects don the iron masks and armor. And there are no Chicken/ Gas Station scenes, so there seems to be a disconnect to Corpses. Also Karen Black didn't sign on to make Rejects for a reason, because she knew it was a dog and she was right. Every time the rejects speak we have to hear that childish non-humorous sexual lingo- lame. And the Lynard Skynard ending is supposed to be dramatic like the audience cares what happens to the Rejects. It just didn't work... sorry blokes, but I'm right about of of this...
Old 03-09-2007, 08:06 AM
Evil Dead

I think it was an excellent film; and to a lot of people's surprise... so did the critics. Even Roger Ebert acknowledged the quality of this movie - it's a rarity that he rates a horror film even decent, let alone four stars. It was very different from House of 1000 Corpses, which is neither a good or bad thing, since I loved them both. I can't say which I prefer, but I can say that TDR is the better film.

As for the ending... it was effective. It's one of those rare times where the villians are the heroes and the heroes the villians. You actually care about these people who are doing such vile things - my mother was repulsed at how much she cared for them, even though she had just witnessed everything terrible they had done. She's not sinister, evil, or a horror fan - so it's not like she automatically liked them because they were baddies. The ending geniuenly matters because this film does a lot right, exp. character developement.

I didn't like it the first time I watched it at 2 in the morning, but I loved it the second time. It seems like your convinced it's a terrible movie, DEATHH... so I don't think watching it a second time would sway your opinion.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:07 PM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEATHH DREAMS author View Post
It just didn't work... sorry blokes, but I'm right about of of this...
Yes, of course, our mistake.

You're right about "of of" this, as usual.
Old 03-09-2007, 01:52 PM
Evil Dead

why do people forget to insert a 'spoiler' alert when talking movie content, particularly endings. oh well, looks like i'm leaving this movie for a while.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:30 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to The Mothman
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshaube View Post

As for the ending... it was effective. It's one of those rare times where the villians are the heroes and the heroes the villians. You actually care about these people who are doing such vile things - my mother was repulsed at how much she cared for them, even though she had just witnessed everything terrible they had done. She's not sinister, evil, or a horror fan - so it's not like she automatically liked them because they were baddies. The ending geniuenly matters because this film does a lot right, exp. character developement.
it kinda takes the raging bull approach. forcing you to sympathize with the bad guy. however i didnt find it to be nearly as effective as raging bull. i didnt feel sorry for the rejects. i felt they got what they deserved.

Click for B-Movie reviews!
Old 03-10-2007, 04:56 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by alkytrio666 View Post
Yes, of course, our mistake.

You're right about "of of" this, as usual.
Ok, ok, you got me...I was a little buzzed last night when I posted. Also I tend to be a little standoffish when I'm drunk, so my drunk posts must be taken with a grain of salt. I will say that I really liked House of 1000 Corpses, but to me Rejects just took the characters in a direction that was a bit over the top and annoying and dull. I did like the policeman though. I think if Zombie would have brought in a 2nd writer to polish the script and give his annoying wife a lot less lines, then it could have been good.