Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror, But Not Movies > Comics

Old 04-06-2005, 10:43 AM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to IndieGods Send a message via Yahoo to IndieGods
Re: Re: Re: STOP BEING DEFENSIVE GUY!

Quote:
Originally posted by I,ZOMBIE
well you did get me intrested in this film and the comic. i would assume you guys can go goreier and more graphic than a film. is it all like that picture you posted? like black and white with good shading?

well i may have come off as a dick, but i think you got me intrested. where is your company based out of, and can i order comics from you guys at my local comic shop? i really never order anything over the internet.

i might even have to find this movie. did you say there is a new version of it coming out???
We're a new company with a couple horror movie adaptations in the works and a new zombie book gearing up for release mid-May. We definitely do gory and most of our coloring/grayscaling is done by DC Comics colorist, Zac Atkinson. Unfortunately, due to small press being the way it is in comics, it's just not financially feasible to do full color (I wish).

Indie Gods Publishing is based out of Chicago. As for ordering through your local comic shop, hopefully you'll be able to soon. Small press comic companies are required to have a handful of comics done for a series before submitting them to Previews for distribution. Once we're finished with issue #2 of Deadhattan (#0 will be on sale next month and issue #1 is still being inked), we'll be offering the first 3 issues for distro through Previews.

After that, much of our horror product will be online and through mail order only. We're restricted to showing certain things if we receive distribution.

We actually just received a full page article and art preview in the March issue of Rue Morgue magazine for our current horror project "The Rising" by novelist Brian Keene.

The original film of Lucker should be released sometime this year on Synapse Films. The remake is already finished being scripted and should begin filming sometime this year.
Old 04-06-2005, 10:51 AM
Evil Dead

Re: Re: Re: Re: STOP BEING DEFENSIVE GUY!

Quote:
Originally posted by IndieGods
Unfortunately, due to small press being the way it is in comics, it's just not financially feasible to do full color (I wish).
i know that i am not alone in my love for black and white. but some color can really add to a comic.

i am going to see about getting some of your work. i really like the sound of it. pretty much, you soldthe idea to me and i hope you will post more on here.

i just looked into deadhattan... that sounds cool, right up my alley. hey man, keep in touch.

on another comic note. do youlike any slave labor comics? check out bear if you get a chance, or if you haven't alreeady. i actually got a real sweet tattoo from bear.

so your stuff will be on sale through previews? did i get thta right? i will have my game shop order some stuff.

"let them hate, provided they fear" -seneca
Old 04-06-2005, 10:55 AM
Evil Dead

gotta run man. nice talking with you. sorry about earlier. keep posting as things happen. i want to get ahold of deadhattan!! more zombies!!! yeah!
i'lll have to get you guys a copy of my zombie flick.

"let them hate, provided they fear" -seneca
Old 04-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to IndieGods Send a message via Yahoo to IndieGods
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: STOP BEING DEFENSIVE GUY!

Quote:
Originally posted by I,ZOMBIE
i know that i am not alone in my love for black and white. but some color can really add to a comic.

i am going to see about getting some of your work. i really like the sound of it. pretty much, you soldthe idea to me and i hope you will post more on here.

i just looked into deadhattan... that sounds cool, right up my alley. hey man, keep in touch.

on another comic note. do youlike any slave labor comics? check out bear if you get a chance, or if you haven't alreeady. i actually got a real sweet tattoo from bear.

so your stuff will be on sale through previews? did i get thta right? i will have my game shop order some stuff.
Deadhattan is a fun mixture of urban horror and classic zombie cliche. We're not ashamed to admit we do the kind of horror we all grew up with. Some people get pissed when they see zombies, a small band of survivors and a barren city.

I definitely love Slave Labor. I'm a big fan of small press. Not sure if you're into i-horror (italian horror) or giallo but Oni Press is selling a new graphic novel entitled "The Awakening" that i-horror fans will love! You can also still grab Lucio Fulci's "The Beyond" graphic novel over at Rotten Cotton.

As for whether we'll be on sale in Previews, yes. Deadhattan will very likely be in Previews by mid-2005. As will "The Rising". You ought to catch us soon on Fangoria TV and in Rue Morgue Magazine as well.