Old 04-18-2015, 05:51 PM

[QUOTE=DeadbeatAtDawn;993453]The Boneyard is fun. : ) Hope you two enjoy it.

THE BONEYARD 1991

A detective enlists the aid of a burnt out psychic to solve the mystery of a mortician who confesses to feeding human remains to 3 children before killing them. I know what you're thinking..Bloofer doesn't watch these kinds of films where little kids might be hurt...but its not what you think AND its got PHYLLIS DILLER!!!

Thanks Gears of Warren and thanks DbD for the title!

Last edited by The Bloofer Lady; 04-19-2015 at 05:39 AM.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:55 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
but Unfriended is an extremely scary and disturbing film that you won't want to press ctrl-alt-del on.
Nice.
Old 04-18-2015, 06:49 PM
Evil Sweat

Dagon (2001)
Cool movie inspired by two H.P. Lovecraft stories.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:42 PM
Evil Dead

Troll 2 (1990)

I've seen this multiple times, and I own it on DVD. I watched it with my friend who has never seen it before, and he was amazed at the cinematic masterpiece that is Troll 2.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:00 PM
Evil Dead

Today I watched one about bug remover service that forced to remove otherworldly hell pests. It funny some and have good fx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
You don't know the title?
I not know English title.
Old 04-18-2015, 11:31 PM
Evil Sweat

Everly (2014)
Salma Hayek was looking good as always but the movie itself was quite meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gears-of-Warren View Post
Today I watched one about bug remover service that forced to remove otherworldly hell pests. It funny some and have good fx.

I not know English title.
Title in your language is ok too.
Old 04-19-2015, 01:54 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Von Marlon View Post

Title in your language is ok too.

I agree.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:08 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
Unfriended (2015)

It Follows may have been classier, but Unfriended is by far one of the scariest and most intense movies since Paranormal Activity. The film relies on so much effective tension and well-timed jump scares that the entire movie is intense and often disturbing throughout its 82 minute running time. Buffering and slow download speeds have never been more terrifying. Unfriended is so realistic that you feel like you're in the conversation the entire movie. Whenever the characters are yelling and arguing with each other, you feel uncomfortable as if you're caught in the middle of it, and a sadistic game of Never Have I Ever will make you never want to play the party game again. The actors talk to each other exactly how teenagers would in real life, and the fears of your biggest secrets being irreversibly exposed online are all too real in this movie. There were a lot of scenes in this where I was deeply uncomfortable because of those real-world fears. You might miss some of the more disturbing aspects of the film if you're not from this technology-obsessed generation, but Unfriended is an extremely scary and disturbing film that you won't want to press ctrl-alt-del on.

10/10
I also want to add this: never have I ever been in a crowded theater for a horror movie where no one talked during the movie until now. The audience seemed the really like it, which was surprising.

Last edited by horcrux2007; 04-20-2015 at 10:39 AM.
Old 04-19-2015, 11:29 AM
morbius

Just seen Dracula Untold last night and it was ok. Visually it worked but the characters were very dimensional and parts of the script were predicable. I'm hoping for a better Dracula hopefully they'll film fangland.
Old 04-19-2015, 12:28 PM
Evil Dead

Movie weekend watches:

Woman in Black 2

6/10

It was ok, I felt it needed more "scare factor" added to it. I liked the location and atmosphere, that was spot on. I think the ending could have been done differently, don't we say that about a lot of endings though?

The Signal

7/10

I liked the plot, and honestly, I didn't predict the ending at all. It had good special effects and I liked the actors. It was one of the better sci-fis I have seen in awhile.

Home Sweet Hell

9/10

Loved this movie! It truly was a lot of fun and Katherine Heigl was awesome in it!!!!

Big Eyes

8/10

Besides being a HUGE Tim Burton fan, I thought this movie was well done. I enjoyed the actors and how the story was portrayed. I remember having some of the 'Big Eyes' prints when I was a kid, not sure what happened to them.

Mother's Milk

5/10

I got sucked into this creepy, bizarre movie and it was interesting until the ending....what a disappointment!!

St. Vincent

9/10

Awesome movie!! Bill Murray did an incredible job in this one!! It has the drama, comedy, and heart-warming feel all the way through.

The Babadook

**SPOILER ALERTS**

Where do I begin? I had to watch this movie twice because I felt like I missed quite a bit from my first viewing (and I did). I never watched the trailer on this movie and I didn't get into the discussions about it on here because I wanted to be completely surprised by it, and I was!! I don't know how to rate this one cause I am still thinking about it. Here is what I think:

The mother wrote the books and she is the Babadook. The child is unruly because he has been neglected and abused from birth due to the mother hating him; she blames him for the death of her husband. The movie is all about her spiraling out of control with her emotions and she falls deeper and deeper into depression; hence the insomnia. Towards the end, after she kills the poor dog and she threw her son against the wall a few times, and she is yelling at the house, I think she is fighting herself into gaining control of her life again. She realizes just how evil she has become.

Now, the ending is full of twists and symbolism. I think the worms she feeds 'herself' in the basement, signifies a garden. Feeding worms to a garden could mean growth. As long as she keeps 'herself' in the basement, supposedly she can control the monster in herself. The part(s) I feel are an illusion to all of us is that everything is happy, peaceful, and normal. I don't think the kid really performed those higher level of magic tricks and I don't think she contained her evil side that easily. When the social services people came back, they stated that it has been 2 weeks since he has been in school and they wanted to know when he was going back to school; she says 'after we have some things sorted out'. Her statement made me think that all of what occurred might not be quite over yet, I also caught that feeling when I watched her facial expressions in the ending.

I know there are several interpretations of this movie and it's interesting to hear what people think. What I enjoyed most about the movie is that it made me think and it had me giving it a second viewing; like Fight Club, Sixth Sense, and the such. Honestly, I feel like I could get into several deep discussions about this one!!

Babadook=A Bad Book - this one seems kind of lame..........

Tags
movie