Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Vintage Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-01-2011, 10:37 PM
Undead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hueyisme View Post
I watched The Manster a couple days ago. The one about the guy who gets an extra head, ( a big head I should make that clear) It wasnt bad, a stupid idea but not a bad movie for a peice of crap. I liked it, but I have no taste. I watch crap.
Yeah crap!! Who doesn't love it!!

The Manster is a beaut! As are it's crippled step-children, The Thing with Two Heads and The Incredible Two-Headed Transplant. The more heads, the merrier! And I love me some scientists with no compunction, "Hi, great to meet you. Drink? Oh, you're feeling groggy. Let me just give you this injection. You're welcome, no charge for the other head."
Old 09-03-2011, 10:30 AM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamoreux View Post
Yeah crap!! Who doesn't love it!!

The Manster is a beaut! As are it's crippled step-children, The Thing with Two Heads and The Incredible Two-Headed Transplant. The more heads, the merrier! And I love me some scientists with no compunction, "Hi, great to meet you. Drink? Oh, you're feeling groggy. Let me just give you this injection. You're welcome, no charge for the other head."
never heard of this movie, i think i may have to check it out lol
Old 09-04-2011, 10:00 AM
Evil Dead

"The Zombies Of Mora Tau" (1957)
-Greg Palmer

Plot: IMDB
Zombiefied sailors guard the treasure of a ship they went down with 60 years earlier. A group of sailors scoff at the legend, and decide to retrieve the diamonds from the ocean floor only to discover the hard way that there is some truth to legends.

Phantom's Review: Slightly better than average, low budget horror film. The premise is interesting, the actors do a good job and these zombies move around underwater, which is a bit different than most zombie films. The film does move very slowly and there are no real scares, but I found it to be fun, late night viewing. One bit of info for zombie fans. this film was made about 11 years before George Romeros classic "Night Of The Living Dead" so don't expect to see the marauding, flesh eating ghouls that most people call zombies now. These guys just sort of walk around and occasionally try to strangle people.
Old 09-06-2011, 01:52 PM
From The Beyond

Oh I've never even heard of that I will check it out after I've watched White Zombie.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:22 PM
Evil Dead

"Invisible Invaders" (1959)
-John Agar, John Carradine

Aliens, contacting scientist Adam Penner, inform him that they have been on the moon for twenty thousand years, undetected due to their invisibility, and have now decided to annihilate humanity unless all the nations of earth surrender immediately. Sequestered in an impregnable laboratory trying to find the aliens' weakness, Penner, his daughter, a no-nonsense army major and a squeamish scientist are attacked from outside by the aliens, who have occupied the bodies of the recently deceased.

Phantom's Review: Wonderfully bad, low budget sci-fi -horror film. The zombies move in the same manner as the classic "Night Of The Living Dead" kind of zombies and the acting is way over the top in it's melodrama. Carradine's appearance is just a glorified cameo and John Agar tries his best with what he's got to work with.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:47 PM
Cranky

The Walking Dead

Not the series based on the comic- a 1936 horror film starring Karloff as a wrongfully executed man who is brought back to life by a mad scientist. This is an amazing film. The set design and photography are delightfully creative, with a laboratory that is creepy and a camera that is remarkably fluid for a low budget affair.

The real attraction, though, is Karloff, who does a superb job as another sort of Frankenstein monster. A man who has no memory of his life before being revived- or does he? It's a truly modern tale, with a subtext of existential angst. Who are we, really, and what makes a human a human?

Really fine little tale. Roshiq, you would love this! (I bet you've already seen it.)

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 09-07-2011, 08:11 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
The Walking Dead

Not the series based on the comic- a 1936 horror film starring Karloff as a wrongfully executed man who is brought back to life by a mad scientist. This is an amazing film. The set design and photography are delightfully creative, with a laboratory that is creepy and a camera that is remarkably fluid for a low budget affair.

The real attraction, though, is Karloff, who does a superb job as another sort of Frankenstein monster. A man who has no memory of his life before being revived- or does he? It's a truly modern tale, with a subtext of existential angst. Who are we, really, and what makes a human a human?

Really fine little tale. Roshiq, you would love this! (I bet you've already seen it.)

Ditto. Beautiful story indeed and yeah...I've seen all of those 'Mad Scientist' or Mad Science' films featuring our beloved King of Horror (except Juggernaut I guess:(). LOVE THEM ALL! But thanks for the heads up anyway; cause I need to give it a watch again as I've seen it only once before & that was almost 2 to 3 years ago. I wish I could have a fine box set of these movies. Especially The Man they could not hang, The Man who changed his mind & The Man with Nine Lives are my most favorites. :)
Old 09-07-2011, 01:32 PM
Evil is Better

Night Of The Demon (1957)

I had no idea this inspired Drag Me To Hell. I'm not saying it did but they were very close movies. I really enjoyed this movie. The story was interesting and the demon was great. The way they did it was perfect, the look of it and also that you don't see it that much, they showed it just enough.

The only complaints i have are that the seance scene was really corny and i really didn't like the main character. He was just so annoying. He was such a skeptic i bet the demon could've ripped his arms off and he still would've thought it was a trick.

Either way, i thoroughly enjoyed this and recommend it to anyone who hasnt seen it.
Old 09-07-2011, 02:48 PM
Living Dead

Night of the Living Dead (1968)
I was very surprised to see a black man in the movie especially since that was the year MLK Jr. was killed and segregation and all but I was also surprise to like the movie I thought it was gonna be really cheesy but it turned out great to me the ending made me mad though i mean geez could they atleast made sure
Old 09-12-2011, 03:34 PM
Evil Dead

"The Innocents" (1961)
-Deborah Kerr

In Victorian England, the uncle of orphaned niece Flora and nephew Miles hires Miss Giddens as governess to raise the children at his estate with total independence and authority. Soon after her arrival, Miss Giddens comes to believe that the spirits of the former governess Miss Jessel and valet Peter Quint are possessing the children. Miss Giddens decides to help the children to face and exorcise the spirits.

Phantom's Review: Creepy, atmospheric,Gothic and totally paranoid. This is one of the great ghost movies. The film feels like a cross between "The Haunting" and "Wuthering Heights" ....or better yet..a really big budget episode of "Dark Shadows". The acting from the entire cast is superb (especially the two children) and like "The Haunting" (the original, of course, the remake should be burned out of existence) the film relies not on special FX, but excellent acting, music,cinematography and mood. a true classic
--