Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 08-30-2011, 02:22 PM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Theres not as much interest in mummies. They're much harder to write compared to Zombie, Werewolf and Vampire movies.
i know what u mean, but with all these remakes they just keep making i would have thought someone would have come up with an idea by now.but i know what u mean by interest has gone.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:24 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by leezuki View Post
i know what u mean, but with all these remakes they just keep making i would have thought someone would have come up with an idea by now.but i know what u mean by interest has gone.
Would you really want them to remake a classic mummy movie?
Old 08-30-2011, 02:26 PM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Would you really want them to remake a classic mummy movie?
no not remake, come up with a new story for the new generation.like i said vampire movies werewolf movies are still being made, but mummys have just been left on the shelf.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
no not remake, come up with a new story for the new generation.like i said vampire movies werewolf movies are still being made, but mummys have just been left on the shelf.
Are there really new vampire and werewolf movies being made? Because the last vampire movie's that have been made that i can think of are Fright Night and Let Me In (Both remakes) and the last werewolf movie i can think of is The Wolfman (obviously a remake)

Not to mention the travesty that is Twilight......
Old 08-30-2011, 02:34 PM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Are there really new vampire and werewolf movies being made? Because the last vampire movie's that have been made that i can think of are Fright Night and Let Me In (Both remakes) and the last werewolf movie i can think of is The Wolfman (obviously a remake)

Not to mention the travesty that is Twilight......
i know what u mean, but u have had blade , dog soldiers, let the right one in was an original, but the point is they are still making them and when was the last propper mummy movie made, i would like to see a dark modern version made. not a remake, or maybe it a revamp might be good ?
Old 08-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
i know what u mean, but u have had blade , dog soldiers, let the right one in was an original, but the point is they are still making them and when was the last propper mummy movie made, i would like to see a dark modern version made. not a remake, or maybe it a revamp might be good ?
Blade is an comic book adaptation and not exactly recent, same as Dog Soliders. Also Dog Soldiers and Let The Right One In are foreign (For me at least.) Not that that matters since i love foreign movies and thats not what were talking about at all but America needs to get its shit together when it comes to horror movies.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Blade is an comic book adaptation and not exactly recent, same as Dog Soliders. Also Dog Soldiers and Let The Right One In are foreign (For me at least.) Not that that matters since i love foreign movies and thats not what were talking about at all but America needs to get its shit together when it comes to horror movies.
yea but my point is that they are still making these movies and mummys just been left behind.i am yet still to watch the mummy movies so i cant say too much, but do u think it should just be left behind or brought back to the new generation, or like u said people may not be interseted anymore, but i think if u got a good scrypt i would love to watch a good modern mummy movie.
Old 08-30-2011, 02:54 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
yea but my point is that they are still making these movies and mummys just been left behind.i am yet still to watch the mummy movies so i cant say too much, but do u think it should just be left behind or brought back to the new generation, or like u said people may not be interseted anymore, but i think if u got a good scrypt i would love to watch a good modern mummy movie.
They're not being made as much as they should i guess. I've never been really all that into Mummies but if a good original movie came around i would check it out.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:02 PM
Love is like dying

Quote:
They're not being made as much as they should i guess. I've never been really all that into Mummies but if a good original movie came around i would check it out.
i never have i guess, but i supose thats why i want to watch some of the movies to see if i like any of them.