Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-11-2009, 07:47 AM
Bad Natured

real life ghost trend

It is probably from a neuro-chemical imbalance in my skull, but i have always seen (and smelled) rather disturbing other-worldy things. The latest trend, though, is my favorite. Occassionally, almost always when alone and away from people, i smell this super sweet perfume, the same one every time, the kind that old ladies wear. It usually lingers for about five minutes or so, then it just goes away. This is a relief because what i usually smell is the stench of death, typically upon waking from a particularly nefarious nightmare. This is not the smell of a fart, but the smell of human death (pretty familiar with this smell- worked at the Sac. Co Coroner's Office for three years) Do any of ya'll any of the same experiences??? i could go on for hours with this kinda crap, my first experience starting back when i was five. Oh crap, i forgot my morning meds again. i gotta go.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:03 AM
Banned

usually on a Sunday morning my bedroom smells a bit like death.

other then that...no ghostly odors.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:23 AM
Zydrate Anatomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho d View Post
It is probably from a neuro-chemical imbalance in my skull
Yes, yes it is.
Old 06-11-2009, 08:33 AM
That fucking Guy...

When you have brain damage or certain degenerative neural conditions, you can smell and taste things that aren't there, often in recurring patterns.
It's more common than seeing or hearing things that aren't there.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:07 AM
Foxhole Atheist

I had a weird one a few years back, already posted about it...........

http://horror.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18225

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac
Old 06-12-2009, 04:10 PM
Evil Dead

I've fucking dropped kids off at the jacuzzi that've smelled like death.
Old 06-12-2009, 06:48 PM
Vanilla.exe

And lemme guess, sometimes you wake up and can't move and see demons, ghosts, and aliens?[/sarcasm]

The smells are probably from pressure on certain parts of your brain.
Old 06-12-2009, 07:22 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
You can't entirely dismiss it as schizoid phenomena. Does it happen wherever you are regardless of history of a place? If you were staying at a Holiday Inn would it happen? If you slept in your car would it happen? If so, then you might want to consult a neurologist. Might be safe to consult one anyway as hauntings aren't always accompanied by random foul stenches, in fact seldom are they. The perfume is concurrent with some hauntings, but the stench seems off. It accompanies hardcore hauntings, but that's serious stuff. Unless you live in a place where a cult committed mass suicide for Satan or a place with a mass prostitute grave under the basement, foul miasma of death tends not to happen with hauntings. I lived at a house where slaves were lynched outside that was also the site of a trolley crash but stenches never accompanied the fouler of the entities there. I'm a firm believer in ghosts, but I would still say talk to a doctor about the sensory input. A surprising number of medical professionals are actually openminded about hauntings and won't say brain tumor unless it looks like a brain tumor.
Old 06-13-2009, 04:11 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to milktoaste
^That's awesome Doc^

I also can't dismiss the possiblity of ghosts and hauntings having experienced them myself on numerous occasions. Never experienced an unexplainable smell though. Odors can hide in strange places and carry far if the wind is just right. Smells can also change very easliy, a flower garden 3 blocks away or a teenage girl anywhere in your neighborhood could explain the perfume like smells. Then there's always strange mildews and 'things' found under your house or in your attic.
"The physical body is acknowledged as dust, the personal drama as delusion. It is as if the world we perceive through our senses, that whole gorgeous and terrible pageant, were the breath-thin surface of a bubble, and everything else, inside and outside, is pure radiance. Both suffering and joy come then like a brief reflection, and death like a pin" Stephen Mitchell
Old 06-13-2009, 06:18 AM
Bad Natured

The smell thing has actually happened twice this week, both in the same room. Not sure of the history of the place, it is just an old horse ranch. There has been some other weird stuff here. i used to see this specter of a girl standing by the end of the barn. One night, when the owner of the ranch was a little tipsy, i started to ask about it. The conversation went as follows: Me: "Have you ever seen..." But before i could finish my question, she interrupted with "That girl dressed in a white dress at the end of the barn? Yeah, she was killed in a fire a long time ago." She only talks about it when drunk, though. Good times. Thanks for the medical advice. i will take it under consideration, but am too obstinant (meaning stupid) to go to a doctor (i am one myself, only i work on animals.). Seriously, though, i do appreciate the concern. Ashe.
d

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.