Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Azagthoth

Greetings!

Hi there. I'm Brian, and I've been a horror fan since I was quite small. I'm 33 now, and still can't get enough.

In real life, I am a newspaper reporter, in a long-term relationship with the girl o' my dreams, and Mostly Harmless.

I'm a big fan of classic ghost stories. Anyone who has good ghost films to share should most certainly give me a heads-up on their favorites.

I do enjoy a wider variety of cinematic terror fare, but one thing that I demand from a horror film no matter what the subgenre is that it in some way be intellectually, as well as viscerally, satisfying.

Don't get me wrong -- sometimes it's fun to watch bad horror, simply because it's bad. Heck, it's sometimes great to watch bad horror just to howl at it. But the films that stick with me have a high IQ as well as cheap thrills.

Literature-wise, I love classic-styled ghost stories (M.R. James, anyone?), Lovecraftian tales of cosmic terror and the occasional vampire story, although I've become less enamored of the last since Anne Rice made them quite so popular.

I'm not a fan of gore for gore's sake, but don't mind it if it serves the story. Story is paramount, gore is secondary.

And with that, I bid you all a hearty hello and look forward to chatting about some of my most favorite, and frightful, things.

Brian
Old 01-19-2006, 12:56 PM
It's Daddy,you shithead!

your not going to make two identical threads everytime you post are you?

and welcome.

Budduskey:i am the motherfucking shore patrol,motherfucker!i am the motherfucking shore patrol!give this man a beer.

"Repent, Harlequin!" said the Ticktockman.
"Get stuffed!" replied the Harlequin, sneering.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:00 PM
Azagthoth

I think I hit my back button, which caused that to happen.

No, I promise to stick to one thread from now on. My apologies.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:09 PM
It's Daddy,you shithead!

fuggit about it.:)

it not the first time it's happened.

Budduskey:i am the motherfucking shore patrol,motherfucker!i am the motherfucking shore patrol!give this man a beer.

"Repent, Harlequin!" said the Ticktockman.
"Get stuffed!" replied the Harlequin, sneering.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:13 PM
Image of the Invisible

Send a message via AIM to ItsAlive75
Yeah it is. Its the first. This guy's a freak. Let's burn him.

DEVESTED- The removal of one's vest.

SCTUPP- To deficate on a woman after nonconsensual sex.
Old 01-19-2006, 01:16 PM
Therapy?

Re: Greetings!

Quote:
Originally posted by Azagthoth
Hi there. I'm Brian, and I've been a horror fan since I was quite small. I'm 33 now, and still can't get enough.

In real life, I am a newspaper reporter, in a long-term relationship with the girl o' my dreams, and Mostly Harmless.

I'm a big fan of classic ghost stories. Anyone who has good ghost films to share should most certainly give me a heads-up on their favorites.

I do enjoy a wider variety of cinematic terror fare, but one thing that I demand from a horror film no matter what the subgenre is that it in some way be intellectually, as well as viscerally, satisfying.

Don't get me wrong -- sometimes it's fun to watch bad horror, simply because it's bad. Heck, it's sometimes great to watch bad horror just to howl at it. But the films that stick with me have a high IQ as well as cheap thrills.

Literature-wise, I love classic-styled ghost stories (M.R. James, anyone?), Lovecraftian tales of cosmic terror and the occasional vampire story, although I've become less enamored of the last since Anne Rice made them quite so popular.

I'm not a fan of gore for gore's sake, but don't mind it if it serves the story. Story is paramount, gore is secondary.

And with that, I bid you all a hearty hello and look forward to chatting about some of my most favorite, and frightful, things.

Brian
Welcome to HDC :)
Old 01-19-2006, 01:19 PM
Waste Disposer

Hiya
love your nick
welcome

Your a bit too interesting to stay though:D
Old 01-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Azagthoth

Quote:
Originally posted by ItsAlive75
Yeah it is. Its the first. This guy's a freak. Let's burn him.
In truth, it would not be the first time such accusations -- and such penalties -- have been suggested against me. :D
Old 01-19-2006, 01:37 PM
Evil Dead

Ok

That which is dead may eternal lie & now get to see if Azagoth.. Well welcome to Horror dot com.. We have eternity to know your flesh.. :D
Old 01-19-2006, 04:15 PM
Foxhole Atheist

Hello and welcome

Battle Royalty, 2009
@Wolf_Scousemac