Old 01-18-2017, 03:05 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
If you've played 1-3 it's pretty much more of the same, so if those are engaging enough #4 is.

Personally I think the mistake of the game is that it felt the need to compete and do the "open world" a bit more itself. Essentially all this lead to was landscapes full of not much, a little confusion about where to go, and delay between "real" stages.
Also, a couple of the puzzles were just...too damn long...

Personally I think UC 4 had some amazing scenes - the motorcycle/car chase was intense. The dialogue and storyline was on par with the rest. Music was great. The combat and enemy AI was improved yet again.
Some stuff from the past, some stuff from the future, a couple new characters thrown in the mix.
I liked it. Maybe not as much as UC2, still my favourite, but I thought it was at least equal with #3.
I really didnt like the first one, the mechanics were too sloppy for me so i never bothered with the others. Its actually the open world aspect that makes me want to check it out

Old 01-18-2017, 11:19 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
I really didnt like the first one, the mechanics were too sloppy for me so i never bothered with the others. Its actually the open world aspect that makes me want to check it out
Most of the game is not open world.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:02 AM
That fucking Guy...

Quote:
Do you mean the lack of a real combat system etc?
They improve that with every game. The hand to hand, the gunplay, even just how the character moves around.

I'd really recommend UC2 for the storyline, the villain (the best IMO), the scenery.
I think you'd be missing out on something great if you skip straight to four...not to mention there *is* an amount of backwards referencing etc - not to mention UC4 really does pay off for the legacy players.

You can buy 1-3 remastered on the PS4 quite cheaply.

Angra is right though, the open world stuff is minimal. It's more just to show off the games looks. It's somewhat linear. If that's all you want to check it out for, you will be disappointed.
Old 01-19-2017, 06:22 PM
ventricle

I was thinking... what was my "last beaten game"?

Been a long ass time... I think it was Portals 2.

Old 01-19-2017, 10:14 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
I was thinking... what was my "last beaten game"?

Been a long ass time... I think it was Portals 2.
That's alright, it just means you have a life. Probably. Or you're an adult with better things to do.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:36 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Do you mean the lack of a real combat system etc?
They improve that with every game. The hand to hand, the gunplay, even just how the character moves around.

I'd really recommend UC2 for the storyline, the villain (the best IMO), the scenery.
I think you'd be missing out on something great if you skip straight to four...not to mention there *is* an amount of backwards referencing etc - not to mention UC4 really does pay off for the legacy players.

You can buy 1-3 remastered on the PS4 quite cheaply.

Angra is right though, the open world stuff is minimal. It's more just to show off the games looks. It's somewhat linear. If that's all you want to check it out for, you will be disappointed.
The movements, the fighting pretty much everything was choppy and rough. It got annoying. If the others are better ill give them a shot

Old 08-18-2017, 10:04 PM
No, fuck YOU

Thumb resize.

"Hellblade" 8/10

Pros:

1. Stunning graphics and amazing sound. Headphones are a must.

2. The price. $30 is really cheap for a product that looks a helluva lot like a tripple A game.

3. Lots of very intense moments.

4. Hellblade is a game you will remember a long time after 2017 has ended.

Cons.

1. Autosave. The fact that you can't save manually makes this quite a stressfull experience, as you can only fail a limited number of times before the game starts over and deletes your save files. Or so you are being told the first time you die.

2. The puzzles. Pretty repetitive and some of them frustratingly hard to figure out.

3. The battles. Again, very repetitive and stressful when you're up against two foes or more. And yes, I suck at it!!

3. The main characters constantly open mouth. A minor issue of mine.

4. The main characters voice and person as a whole annoyed me.

5. And worst of all, which might just be in my case. Game bugs. After the first couple of hours of gameplay I managed to fall through the ground and just kept falling and falling, so I went to the main menu and started the stage all over only to find I couldn't start the puzzle again that would lead me to the next stage. This wouldn't have been a big issue if it hadn't been for the freakin autosave. So I ended up having to start the game all over again. Many hours later on I stumbled upon the same kind of bug that had me falling under ground again and I was almost shitting my pants. But luckily this time the game let me continue with the puzzle when I restarted the stage.

So is Hellblade worth the money? Hell yes. Definitely.
Old 09-05-2017, 09:43 AM
Little Boo

I defeated Dragon Age: Inquisition last night. Pretty good game, though pretty sidequest-heavy.

As far as horror games go, it's been a while. I think the last horror game I beat was Until Dawn.
Old 06-10-2018, 08:59 PM
That fucking Guy...

The first three "Arkham" titles.
I got over my hatred of the off-centre character (which did improve slightly throughout the series anyway) to play through these. I still don't like this particular perspective.

Good music. Solid voice acting. Decent scale. Perhaps a bit too Joker-centric?
All in all they respected their source material while making a slightly different version of the Gotham I know.
Combat was maybe...a little simplistic? I feel like I had the same fight 50,000 times.
The last game changed up their enemy types a bit more I suppose.

Overall I found Arkham City was the most balanced of the lot.

As a series I'd say 7/10.
I guess I'd have liked to have seen some kind of grander/grittier boss fights - again, Arkham City brought this more than the others.
I mean shit...this last one...you didn't even get the chance to have a real fight with Deathstroke, what a missed opportunity. The hand to hand fights with "boss" characters were sorely missing.
Ra's al Ghul was probably about as good as it got.

One thing that did piss me off?
The riddler shit.
Everyone loves a side quest, but come on.
Too much with the hidden question marks...I mainly overlooked them until the third game where I decided to have a go, did enough challenges to free catwoman for the storyline, but then the whole "to fight me you'll have to collect all my trophies" bit.
I did it for a while and became BORED after about 60 of them.
Looked like there was somewhere near 300.
There's WAY too many of them...so yeah I had to see the "real" ending on youtube.

For me this kind of grinding isn't something you should have to do in order to see the full ending...I mean, it had nothing to do with Riddler so who cares?
Anyways, annoyance.
Side quests are good. Ones like this wear thin very fast.

I have "Arkham Origins" installing on steam now.
Not sure what to expect, but yeah...looks a bit different.

Last edited by cheebacheeba; 06-10-2018 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 11:47 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Combat was maybe...a little simplistic? I feel like I had the same fight 50,000 times.
I played a demo or a bit of one of them and thought the same thing. I still want to set aside time and play the series though. It seems to be very popular even though I'm not crazy about the design of some of the characters. Prime 1 Studio has a line of all the characters at I think 1/3 scale and very high prices.