Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2013, 02:08 AM
Evil Dead

Graf Orlok
Old 11-09-2013, 03:29 AM
Evil Dead

Wow Grand Finale?

Bates anyway.

Last edited by Sicknero; 11-09-2013 at 04:01 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-09-2013, 03:42 AM
Evil is Better

Count Orlok

Old 11-09-2013, 04:46 AM
Horror Fan

Frankenstein, but looks like there is no catching Norman Bates. He will be the final HDC tournament winner!

Old 11-09-2013, 06:34 AM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
Norman Bates (Psycho series)
Old 11-10-2013, 10:23 AM
For Vendetta

Time's up!

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have a clear winner at the end of the 48 hour deadline for voting.

By beating the more fancied opponents such as the immensely popular Graf Orlok (Nosferatu (1922)) {2 votes}, and
the cult favorite Henry Frankenstein (Frankenstein (1931)/Bride of Frankenstein (1935)) {4 votes}

by scoring no less than EIGHT thumping votes,

the WINNER OF THE LEADING CHARACTERS TOURNAMENT is...

NORMAN BATES from PSYCHO!

A masterpiece made by Sir Alfred Hitchcock in 1960, with a 10-star performance by Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates. One of the true legends of the horror genre, and a milestone in horror film character performances.

-----------------------------------------------------

And so, we pull down the curtains on yet another superbly successful tournament in HDC history. Only this time, there won't be a "Ciao! Until the next one!" popping up.

Yes, this will be my absolute last.

The reasons? As outlined here when I hit the 30K mark...
http://www.horror.com/forum/showpost...3&postcount=82

Can't sit down to thank and list all the wonderful HDC members who made the tourneys successful through the years, because it might take a lifetime to list them all out. Just know that I am indebted to each and every one of you.

But yes, some have to be named - first and foremost thanks to newb for casting the very first vote of my very first tournament (Zombie Movies Competition, seems such a long time back!) and thanks to knife_fight for casting the last one (in this).

Big thanks to hammerfan, neverending and his NEW Radio for all the support and fun times throughout the years, and to all my wonderful HDC members for your continuous, tireless support.

Simply put - it couldn't have been possible without ANY of you, it couldn't have been possible without ALL of you.

I know I am a bit late, but nevertheless, CONGRATULATIONS to NEVERENDING & MASSACRE MAN for completing TEN YEARS of fulltime HDC membership in October 2013, and equally to MICHAELMYERS for completing TEN YEARS in November 2013.

Heck of a long period to stay faithful to our board, guys. Standing applause and hats off!

Thank you for one last time. I hand over the reins to you, the HDC people, from now on. Lead on, march on.

Signing off...

Thumb resize.

Remember, remember...

************************************************** ***********************************************

Last edited by _____V_____; 04-21-2014 at 04:16 AM.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:18 PM
Cranky

Good grief... ten years?

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 11-10-2013, 01:14 PM
Horror Fan

Thanks, V! We'll miss you at HDC. We have appreciated all the tournaments, and hope to see you back soon for the next Battle Royale!

Here's to 10 more years of horror, Lee! :cool:

Old 11-10-2013, 01:24 PM
ventricle

Great job as always, _V_! Thanks for all your time and efforts, as we really do appreciate it!

Old 11-10-2013, 04:12 PM
HDC's old chick

I've always appreciated everything you've done for this forum, Avi. You made it fun!
Closed Thread