Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-07-2013, 03:56 AM
HDC's old chick

Lost Voyage
Old 10-07-2013, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post
Watched this on your recommendation (and the fact its Irish).
Pretty disappointing, especially the ending, though there were some good bits in it. And some of the acting was dreadful - the bit at the start when she first comes into the neighbours house was cringe worthy.

Ronan Keating daughter didn't do too bad a job but some of the other kids were pretty poor especially in the group scenes.
I thought the girl did an excellent job of portraying an abused child with powers beyond her control. Also the parents and the teacher. Sure some of the bit parts by child actors could have been better but it surely didn't distract from the movie. And yes...the ending seemed a little contrived.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:56 PM
Banned

Hatchet 3

Some great cameos...too bad they didn't use them better. They got Kane Hodder and Derek Mears...2 Jason's...the battle should have been epic

All in all an OK watch for the gore
Old 10-08-2013, 07:30 AM
For Vendetta

Mildly entertaining.

* * ½

Decent.

Cheesy and likeable.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:11 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

What Richard Did (2012)

Based kinda loosely on an incident that happen here in Dublin a few years back when a number of well of School rugby players killed another teen in a street fight.

The film is well written and acted - the characters are very believably and it doesn't play every thing as black and white.
Old 10-09-2013, 12:02 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferox13 View Post

What Richard Did (2012)

Based kinda loosely on an incident that happen here in Dublin a few years back when a number of well of School rugby players killed another teen in a street fight.

The film is well written and acted - the characters are very believably and it doesn't play every thing as black and white.
Gotta check this out, I don't know why but I always kinda like this sorta movies.:)

Never Sleep Again: The Elm Street Legacy (2010)

Almost 4 hour long (!) but yeah...this is a great documentary, packed with plenty of interviews with the cast & crews about all those behind the scene production stories, fun & criticisms...that nicely depicts the Elm Street legacy with a honest approach. While Watching the doc, it just once again amazed me to realize what a great horror mastero Mr. Wes Craven was back in those days...a filmmaker with plenty of unique & fascinating ideas; Salute you, Sir and thanks for those awesome movies!:)
It's now fun to know that for the 4th or 5th installment of the series, even Peter Jackson along with another writer scripted a story about an aged, tired & weak Freddy who often gets beat up by the new Elm Street kids in their dreams until one day, Freddy strikes back one of them & eventually trapped him into his dream world as the victim falls into coma! I wasn't also aware that there were plenty of drafts from different writers for FREDDY Vs JASON (the most profitable installment!), even one included a final battle in the hell where at near the end, even PINHEAD makes a surprise appearance!

I'm not saying about another Elm Street flick (believe me...I'm not!;)) but I think it'd be interesting or I wish we'd see one day...James Wan is playing with a Wes Craven idea or directing a film scripted by Wes! And in this regard, instead of a total slasher approach, it'd better to get a dark, psychologically twisted story from Mr. Craven; I just think it'd be fun & quite interesting, just saying.:)

>>: A

Last edited by roshiq; 10-09-2013 at 01:40 AM. Reason: Peter Jackson & Pinhead :D
Old 10-09-2013, 01:53 AM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Gotta check this out, I don't know why but I always kinda like this sorta movies.:)

It would be interesting to see what you think - the story is based upon a real incident (though changed around a bit) in my home city and is based in a culture that I grew up around. So I knew people similar to those in the film.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:50 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giganticface View Post
I think this is on Netflix Streaming now. I might check it out.
Did you check it out? I just realized I wasn't very clear in my original post that this movie falls into the so bad it's good category. Anyway let me know what you thought if you did watch it.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:55 AM
Little Boo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice Pik View Post
Dark Skies - 3.5/5
Good story and good suspense, Really not bad for an alien film.
I liked this one too. Saw it in the theater actually by default. It played more like a horror film than a SciFi alien kind of film. It was like a haunted house movie but the aliens were the ones haunting. Agree with your rating.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:39 AM
For Vendetta

Wow.

Just...

...wow.

Tags
movie