Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-03-2011, 08:41 AM
Atrocity Exhibition

Pumpkinhead (1988)

Above average 80's horror movie definitely. Really cool creature and the special effects in general are pretty damned cool. Not one of my favourite horrors but certainly worth watching.

7.5/10

Near Dark (1987)

Holy shit, this movie is one of the coolest things I've seen in a long time. Awesome story and characters and very well directed. Moody, atmospheric and overall just badass. The whole cast is great (particularly Bill Paxton who steals the show in my opinion).

This one is easily one of my new fave vampire flicks.

8.5/10

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1978)

This movie creeps me out hardcore. A superb cast keeps this odd tale grounded in reality and the direction is supremely chilling and well executed.

All the elements of a great horror film are there: mood, exciting plot, believable sympathetic characters, and a chilling concept all brought together by a slow methodical build up.

One of the classics of the genre.

9/10
Old 09-03-2011, 08:54 AM
I Just Don't Give a Damn.

Location: in your house standing behind you with a chrome ball of death
going to see shark night. When I come back I will say how it was.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:27 AM
Love is like dying

trust

very good movie this is.
Old 09-03-2011, 12:48 PM
Pirate of Bengal

Atrocious (2010)

A old, abandoned & maze like garden...now that's a great & easy setting for a filmmaker to create some effective spooky moments for the audience. And in this case they succeeded 50-50. But that doesn't mean it's an another mediocre POV-horror feature. Instead I'd say this is pretty fun & enjoyable Spanish 'found-footage' film with only 70 minutes length. Liked the twist at the end but that's kinda comes from nowhere; as if it was a last minute decision in order to try & give the audience "something new".

>>: B+

Red State (2011)

>>: B-
Old 09-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Love is like dying

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Atrocious (2010)

A old, abandoned & maze like garden...now that's a great & easy setting for a filmmaker to create some effective spooky moments for the audience. And in this case they succeeded 50-50. But that doesn't mean it's an another mediocre POV-horror feature. Instead I'd say this is pretty fun & enjoyable Spanish 'found-footage' film with only 70 minutes length. Liked the twist at the end but that's kinda comes from nowhere; as if it was a last minute decision in order to try & give the audience "something new".

Red State (2011)

>>: B-
i liked Atrocious, looking forward to buying that. i dont think it will be to everyones taste tho.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Bulletproof

Watched Final Destination 5 .

Iam hopefully going to watch the new Fright Night Tomorrow.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:30 PM
Evil is Better

Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark

Very creepy with an interesting story. I really liked it, probably more then the original.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:21 AM
No, fuck YOU

"Assassination games" 6/10

Nice acting and nice depth in both Damme and Adkins characters. The story was alright as well, but concidering the team-up of the old kick-ass star and the new kick-ass star this movie contained disappointingly little ass kicking. It was more like Dammes "Until death".
Old 09-04-2011, 06:05 AM
sCaRyNeSs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark

Very creepy with an interesting story. I really liked it, probably more then the original.
I wanna see that so bad!!

SCREAMING OUT I'M A HORRORFAN 'TILL I DIE BITCHES
Old 09-04-2011, 10:42 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Whistleblower (2010)

Inspired by actual events, the film tells the story of Kathryn Bolkovac, an American former police investigator from Nebraska who later signed on with a company called Democra (a pseudonym for the real world DynCorp) that had a security contract with the United Nations. As she begin working as U.N. International Police Force monitor she gradually becomes aware of a wide-scale, child sex-slave and human-trafficking scandal involving officials of U.S. military contractor: Democro Corp (DynCorp) and the United Nations in post-war Bosnia. She risks her job and her own safety to uncover & report that many "peacekeeping" police officers were even paying for prostitutes and participating actively in sex-trafficking. And so soon it turns out a battle against The UN, governments, and private contractors as Democro later fired Kathryn from her job.

This is quite a bit of heart wrenching film that shows a part of hidden & ugly face of UN's "peacekeeping" missions which is a bastard child of dirty world politics, IMO. The frustrating thing is after Kathryn's whistleblowing, a number of 'peacekeepers' including private contractors were sent home. None have been prosecuted, as they enjoy immunity from prosecution in Bosnia and even none forced criminal charges in their home countries. The private contractor that fired Kathrun continues business with the US Govt including contracts worth billions in Iraq & Afghanistan. And that just makes me wonder how the UN & those private contractors are now contributing to keep "peace" in those war-ridden countries of the world.

Last but not the least, kudos to Mrs. Daniel Craig, for giving a splendid performance as Kathryn Bolkovac; that I hope will get the deserved recognition in coming award seasons.

>>: A-

The Bang Bang Club (2010)

Last edited by roshiq; 09-04-2011 at 10:45 AM.