Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 12-19-2012, 07:44 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmare_of _death View Post
ATM

Not really impressed. I got a little bored about halfway through it.I rented 2 movies from Redbox tonight. This being one of them,the other being 247F. Sure both about being trapped somewhere,I just was in the mood for them. I hope 247F is better. I've read its not good either. But I watched Frozen and that was decent. So I thought id give it a shot well see.
bahahaha - Watching ATM right now and, yes, it's really just awful.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to Gekkakou Send a message via MSN to Gekkakou Send a message via Yahoo to Gekkakou Send a message via Skype™ to Gekkakou
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
bahahaha - Watching ATM right now and, yes, it's really just awful.
I saw it just this morning on my Netflix stream. It's... It's really quite something. Those of you who haven't seen it, you should.

It's... How do I put it? It's a masterpiece of awful.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:40 PM
Misanthrope

Lawless

This will definitely be making my list for the best of 2012. John Hillcoat never fails to impress me. Lawless is the type of flick I wish their was more of. Gritty, excellent characterizations and just captivating from start to finish.

The Baytown Outlaws

Extremely entertaining action/comedy. I had a blast from start to finish. Think you'll dig this one a bunch newb!
Old 12-20-2012, 05:28 AM
Misanthrope

Dredd

I had my doubts despite the positive reviews but this delivers. It did the comic justice and was killer from start to finish. Recommended.
Old 12-20-2012, 06:51 AM
BuyTheTicket, TakeTheRide

[B]Attack The Block[B]

Great movie. Cant believe i never bothered to watch it before now. Lots of fun to watch.
Old 12-20-2012, 07:25 AM
Misanthrope

The Pact

Watched this round 2am and got quite genuinely creeped out in parts. I've found supernatural stuff really gets under my skin over the last couple of years compared to the past. Nice tense atmosphere and I thought the score was excellent. Caity Lotz's performance was as the Craven styled heroine was top notch. Loved the twist/reveal [SPOILER]Great to see someone pay homage to Bad Ronald![/SPOILER] The last shot was unnecessary IMO and it kinda fucked up the great work that proceeded it. [SPOILER]I'm guessing it was meant to be a dream sequence?[/SPOILER] Either way it cheapened the otherwise great style of the film.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:14 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis_Christ View Post

The Baytown Outlaws

Extremely entertaining action/comedy. I had a blast from start to finish. Think you'll dig this one a bunch newb!
just read a couple of reviews....most definitely my type of movie.:D
Old 12-20-2012, 08:38 AM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to Gekkakou Send a message via MSN to Gekkakou Send a message via Yahoo to Gekkakou Send a message via Skype™ to Gekkakou
Quote:
Dredd

I had my doubts despite the positive reviews but this delivers. It did the comic justice and was killer from start to finish. Recommended.
Am I the only one who prefers the cheesy Stallone version? Don't get me wrong, it was a great remake, but I dunno. I guess I just like bad movies >.<

I gotta achieve balance with "The Room" among "Pan's Labyrinth", y'know? Or else the universe would be even more twisted lol.

With that being said... I saw "The Room". Yes, it's atrocious, but it's another one of those awesome bad movies just in the fact that it was made. I'd recommend it solely based on its sucktastic glory.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:54 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Lawless

This will definitely be making my list for the best of 2012. John Hillcoat never fails to impress me. Lawless is the type of flick I wish their was more of. Gritty, excellent characterizations and just captivating from start to finish.

The Baytown Outlaws

Really excited about Lawless and will look up Baytown Outlaws.

The American Scream (2012)

OK documentary about "House Haunters," people who go all-out and create incredibly elaborate haunted houses for Halloween. Honestly, it's something that I would love to do but don't have the $$ or space to do it (sadly, neither do the folks in the documentary).

Apartment 143 (2011)

Pretty awful little found-footage film that doesn't waste time with things like subtlety or believably.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 12-21-2012, 09:57 AM
For Vendetta

Messy.

Not the gore...the film.

Avoid.

* ½