Old 02-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Zydrate Anatomy

That is so cool! Hopefully he'll write the music too (I know he did on a lot of his movies).

And I actually really liked Ghosts of Mars.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:32 AM
Groovy

Congratulations! So any idea what sort of timescale you'll be working to? Will it be out next year?

Everyone should see this thread. It would serve as an inspiration to all those aspiring writers out there.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:17 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash's_evil_hand View Post
Congratulations! So any idea what sort of timescale you'll be working to? Will it be out next year?

Everyone should see this thread. It would serve as an inspiration to all those aspiring writers out there.
No concept of when this will be made, let alone released. I'm just looking forward to the process.

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon
Old 02-21-2007, 03:27 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Just got this email:

"You four are TENTATIVELY set to meet with XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX regarding LA Gothic on:
Thurs. March 1st @ 4 PM

You will meet at the office"

So excited!

"A man that studieth revenge keeps his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."
Francis Bacon

Last edited by Roderick Usher; 03-29-2007 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-21-2007, 11:43 PM
No charge for awesomeness

The countdown is on! I assume you & your writing partner are 2 of the 4, but who are the other 2? Your agent & manager?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:44 AM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwind22 View Post
The countdown is on! I assume you & your writing partner are 2 of the 4, but who are the other 2? Your agent & manager?
yep

it's my managers

Francis Bacon

Last edited by Roderick Usher; 11-18-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:08 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Your name is gonna go through the roof on this. It's been six years since Carpenter directed anything feature length, so the work will get a ton of attention on those merits alone.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:54 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
Your name is gonna go through the roof on this. It's been six years since XXXXXXXXXXX directed anything feature length, so the work will get a ton of attention on those merits alone.
from your lips to God's ear:D

Word is already spreading through town even though we haven't gone public with the news yet. A producer friend over at Disney emailed me yesterday with congratulations - felt pretty cool to know we're being talked about.

Francis Bacon

Last edited by Roderick Usher; 11-18-2008 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:39 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Glad to hear it. Sets a good example on the forum. There's a lot of real world nay-saying for creative people nowadays. It's great to see a real person able to prove the raw potential of getting off one's ass. In the last four days, I've written a pilot and three outlines on account of realizing that people can make it in the genre.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:50 PM
HDC Sole Survivor!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Faustus View Post
Glad to hear it. Sets a good example on the forum. There's a lot of real world nay-saying for creative people nowadays.
When I started acting I got a few horrible reviews and I loved them. Other cast embers always got bent out of shape of the negativity, but I told them...

A critic is just someone who wishes they could do what we do - but either can't or won't because they're too damned afraid of wat some critic will say about them.

Negativity has no place in creativity - it kills the spirit. I'm really glad to hear you're cranking. Nothing like a nice bout of creative diarrhea...crapit all out, then go back and clean it up:p

What's your pilot about? Have you looked up American Accolades yet? They have pilot competitions on a monthly basis.

Francis Bacon