Old 07-23-2005, 12:19 AM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
watch lots of episodes of "Home Movies" even though it is cancelled.
Old 07-23-2005, 01:25 AM
Can you dig it ?

...and why was it cancelled ? The crew had inflamed genitals for constant disregard of the 180 rule. Filming could no longer continue. Or something like that....
CK
Old 07-23-2005, 07:27 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
Quote:
Originally posted by knife_fight
watch lots of episodes of "Home Movies" even though it is cancelled.

I can still catach reruns...but I wont, cause I hate that show. Coach McGiurk [sp?] is the only decent part of that show...
Old 07-23-2005, 09:51 PM
bla

"home movies" rocks and the 180 rule is a myth (just like the non-existing swimming pool chemical that make your piss turn blue). next time you watch any movie, good or bad, pay attention for the 180. i garuantee they break the rule at least a dozen times. it's a filmmaking wives tale.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:34 AM
Pepper's Ghost

Send a message via AIM to knife_fight
I like Home Movies (but it's def. not one of my favorites) b/c of all the movie references they use. that appeals to the elitist film snob in me. it's also funny b/c they do it like a bunch of 19 year old film students, but they're kids, so it kinda seems like they're making fun of that snide, jaded, arrogant, elitist, film-snob attitude that so many folks have.
Old 07-24-2005, 08:51 PM
Can you dig it ?

Quote:
"home movies" rocks and the 180 rule is a myth (just like the non-existing swimming pool chemical that make your piss turn blue). next time you watch any movie, good or bad, pay attention for the 180. i garuantee they break the rule at least a dozen times. it's a filmmaking wives tale.
Dammit, G Star, the 180 rule is the only thing that seperates us from the animals ! If you ignore it, then the film terrorists have already won :D
CK
Damn typos...

Last edited by MisterSadistro; 07-25-2005 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-25-2005, 08:13 PM
bla

Quote:
Originally posted by MisterSadistro
Dammit, G Star, the 180 rule is the only thing that seperates us from the anilmals ! If you ignore it, then the film terrorists have already won :D
CK
okay, i agree with your A and B example. it is offsetting to an audience if character A is to the right of character B, then in the next shot character A is to the LEFT of character B. but how do you feel about having a shot of the back of A's head with B's face in the background, then cutting to the back of B's head with A's face in the background. it's a 180, but i certainly don't find it sinful. do you?
Old 07-25-2005, 09:38 PM
Can you dig it ?

I actually know people who will strictly adhere to it and won't even consider breaking the rule. I'm aware of it, but in all seriousness don't abide by it as religiously. I'll purposely break it during an action scene just to keep the viewer as confused as the characters (like in a freaky dream sequence that I'm building the stupid coffin for- pain in the ass).
CK
Old 07-29-2005, 07:54 PM
AKA Vampenguin/Dark_Hero

Send a message via AIM to The_Return
I just watched The Cabinet of Dr Caligari, and got a crazy brain blast. Im gonna make a silent film, Black/White, of course. It'd be alot easier...instead of having to screw aroundd with sound, Ill just need to add music. Which could become a problem. But Ill find a way, cause after thinking about it, my general idea would kill as a silent.

Damn, now Im excited:D
Old 07-29-2005, 08:56 PM
Can you dig it ?

I like it already since I'm a sucker for black and white movies. Most of my first feature (if not all of it) will be in B/W. A fantastic horror author I met recently gave me a terrific review on my unfinished screenplay earlier today (who better to get an opinion from ?). My favorite quote was: "Really kinda pisses me off though. You are so damn good with music, you should SUCK at everything else! " :D Nicest thing anyone's ever said to me about either I think.
CK