Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 09-17-2017, 08:44 AM
Little Boo

The Seasoning House (2012), rewatch.
Effectively brutal & quite bleak horror set during the Bosnian War, and recommended overall.
Old 09-17-2017, 12:16 PM
病気の

Thumb resize.

The Everglades Killings, 2016. 5/10

I had to put up with too much bullshit to get to the good parts.
Old 09-18-2017, 06:03 PM
Evil Dead

I saw mother! on Friday, and I can't stop thinking about it. Perfect if you want a messed up artsy movie, and I love how bold Paramount was by giving it such a wide release. It's great that there is a controversial, challenging, original movie playing nationwide in this current movie landscape.
Old 09-19-2017, 01:01 AM
Pirate of Bengal

The Bride (2017)

>>: C
Old 09-19-2017, 05:52 AM
Evil Dead

GET OUT (2016). This definitely has its moments, but is too weird to be totally successful. **
Old 09-19-2017, 05:12 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheebacheeba View Post
IT 2017

I thought it was alright.
Relied maybe a touch too heavily on the percussive element to the scares?
Atmosphere ok.
Kid actors, personally I thought the original cast did better but they were fine.
I found something about the chick reminded me of Jamie Lee Curtis.
The new guy didn't quite have the presence of Tim Curry but he did ok for a different version of the character. I felt like TC version seemed to enjoy toying with/tormenting his kids a bit more?
All in all pretty solid. Funny in parts. Shocking in others (The Georgie thing...), and well, for me not terrifying but scary enough.
HATED the new Henry Bowers personally.
The Pennywise stomp/dance was awesome...

Uh...7/10
Yeah this one didnt really do justice to the complexity of Bowers character and im being sincere. There's a lot more to him then just a generic bully like he was portrayed in this movie.

I agree, that stomp dance was great

Old 09-21-2017, 12:20 AM
Pirate of Bengal

A Ghost Story (2017)

Not a spooky supernatural story and not even told in a traditional fashion, A GHOST STORY comes with a melancholy tale of love & loss that's demand your patience as a viewer for its slow burn nature & art house approach. But still this is a beautiful film that profoundly captures the grief of a ghost & tries to explore some meaning & purpose even in the emptiness our existence into the cosmic nature of life & time through a simplistic, yet poetic visual narrative.

Give it a try if you are a serious viewer & like thought provoking films or won't mind to watch an art house sort of film for a change. If you can sit through that long take in the early stage of the film where Rooney Mara's character just eats a plate full of pie in deep grief & loneliness, then this will turn out a treat for you.

At times, it was funny, sweet and even watching like a better version of a Terrence Malick film with lot more senses and better execution. Overall, an offbeat but an emotionally impactful gem of a movie.

>>: A-
Old 09-21-2017, 04:03 PM
ventricle

Curve (2016)
5/10

If a human who's never seen moving pictures in their life saw Curve (2016), what would they think... but then Curve is not for ages 3 and younger, and it's not opening in makeshift screens across Papua New Guinea. And if you haven't guessed yet, the issue with Curve is it's horrifyingly too familiar a story for 2016.

Young lady picks up a hitchhiker. I can't really say more without giving away the story. The few sections it has are ones you've already seen a bucketful of times. The directing, cinematography, acting, sound were competent, but the dialogue was rather rudimentary.

Last edited by Sculpt; 09-22-2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:02 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

IT (2017)

Firstly... I'm not a fan of the original. I mean sure it's a great watch if you want a good laugh or a great drinking game that comes with the chance of death, but it just wasn't SCARY. King is supposed to be THE KING of horror, and the original is just stupidly silly... I mean just listen to Annette O'Toole question the clown's motives! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJX0zXvrgmU
There's just no chance of taking the movie seriously when one of the lines is asking why the guy trying to murder you is ''so mean''.

This is going to be rare for me so pay attention... I liked the remake BETTER, than the original! Now true I didn't finish the book, but from reading what chapters I did I can tell that this was a lot more on the money. Characters were fine, gore was great, CGI was a bit over used but whatever it's a modern day horror therefore movie makers are just helpless without it, BUT. What's most important is, it was actually SCARY!! I was actually disturbed by this movie! It was great! The best was Ben running from the headless kid in the basement of the library! Damn that was unsettling!

But then that leads us to our star... I can really take or leave this version of Pennywise... I don't think he was as fun as Curry, but he wasn't bad either. His signature ''run at you while having a seizure and screaming'' scare was more silly than scary, and it took away from just about every scare.

Also I'll point it out before someone else points out that I didn't point it out; There was no werewolf for Richie. I'm disappointed (it was only 73% of the reason I went to go see it...).

The Shallows
(This review is for you, Baron!)

I actually really wanted to see this in theaters originally. I'm glad now I didn't.

I'll list the pros as I saw them: eyegasmic scenery, and a dead whale that was a prop and not CGI.

...That's it really.

The characters were forgettable and/or shark bait, which lend to the effects that were garbage. The movie had a tendency to hold our hand through out it. *our lead looking on her phone at a picture of mom in the hospital and wearing a bald cap? The audience will never figure that out as cancer, we need to establish that in a call with her dad later where his head is in a random split screen box hovering over the fucking ocean in a comical manner, meanwhile we can actually SEE him on her phone in her hand.

There was of course CGI. Again. Modern movie, it'd be naked without it. There were times it was decent, and then there were horrible CGI dolphins. *shudders*

Story wise it was... fine. And had a tolerable ending (despite the side I was rooting for losing), but it's going to really bother me that we never found out the name of the fucking beach and why her driver was so dodgy about revealing it.

Actually I take something back, there was one good actor/character:

Steven Seagull.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 09-22-2017, 02:58 PM
病気の

Leatherface, 8/10. 2017

Tags
movie