Old 06-09-2021, 03:05 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Jarvis View Post
I only saw the first and thought it was overrated. Is that weird?
I dont think its weird. I've only seen bits and pieces of the first one and wasnt that impressed.
Old 06-09-2021, 07:58 AM
No, fuck YOU

I liked Grave Encouters, Digging up the Marrow. But otherwise I see Found Footage being the Grunge to Heavy Metal. Deadly but only for a decade.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:35 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
I liked Grave Encouters, Digging up the Marrow. But otherwise I see Found Footage being the Grunge to Heavy Metal. Deadly but only for a decade.
I like the metaphore, though it kind of implies that people will stop filiming every single fucking thing they do. As long as that does not happen, FF is (probably) not going anywhere.
Old 06-09-2021, 10:56 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
I like the metaphore, though it kind of implies that people will stop filiming every single fucking thing they do.
But isn't that the case. FF flicks rarely comes out anymore. And thank fuck for that.
Old 06-09-2021, 11:35 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
But isn't that the case. FF flicks rarely comes out anymore. And thank fuck for that.
Oh, I was thinking in broader terms. With the whole culture surrounding vloggers and by extension social media, cops with bodycams, security camera's,... That in itself should be able to keep providing filmmakers with ideas and I don't think that's going away soon.

FF may not have many mainstream productions, but in the underground/indie circuit, it's probably a keeper. Even if it's just because so cheap to make.

Just one idea: Unarmed black vlogger gets killed by cops. The whole film is a mixture of his camera, the cops' bodycams and security cams from nearby businesses. imo, that could work.
Old 06-09-2021, 09:42 PM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:

Just one idea: Unarmed black vlogger gets killed by cops. The whole film is a mixture of his camera, the cops' bodycams and security cams from nearby businesses. imo, that could work.
That’s not a bad concept. I would still prefer it shot normally though. But I like the story.
Old 06-10-2021, 06:31 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
I only saw the first and thought it was overrated. Is that weird?
How did you think it was overrated? Personally, I like the whole go into the woods, get lost, deal with a witch setup.

Quote:
Oh, I was thinking in broader terms. With the whole culture surrounding vloggers and by extension social media, cops with bodycams, security camera's,... That in itself should be able to keep providing filmmakers with ideas and I don't think that's going away soon.

FF may not have many mainstream productions, but in the underground/indie circuit, it's probably a keeper. Even if it's just because so cheap to make.

Add a horror twist to the cops and have them turn out to be Nazi demons or something. I've mentioned it before around here but this video freaked me out when I was a kid. Especially those final shots.

You do something like that with the cops in a subtle way that only people who are watching carefully pick up on. Then you get the reveal in the end. And repeat views.
Old 06-11-2021, 07:43 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
How did you think it was overrated? Personally, I like the whole go into the woods, get lost, deal with a witch setup.
Are we talking about the same franchise? Perhaps, you mean the blair witch.

From what I remember, Paranormal Activity was just a bunch of middle class white people filming mundane things and losing their shit because, ehrmagerd, a lamp moved. At the end, some woman screams "Mika, Mika" and then some guy flies into the camera. And that's ALL that happens.
Old 06-11-2021, 12:41 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalSlasher View Post
Add a horror twist to the cops and have them turn out to be Nazi demons or something. I've mentioned it before around here but this video freaked me out when I was a kid. Especially those final shots.

You do something like that with the cops in a subtle way that only people who are watching carefully pick up on. Then you get the reveal in the end. And repeat views.
A good tone for this might be similar to The Green Room. Does not have to be in your face, maybe just an interviewee dropping a line about dirty cops rumoured to frequent bars where white supremacists hang out.
Old 06-16-2021, 07:57 PM
Immortal horror fan

Quote:
Are we talking about the same franchise? Perhaps, you mean the blair witch.

From what I remember, Paranormal Activity was just a bunch of middle class white people filming mundane things and losing their shit because, ehrmagerd, a lamp moved. At the end, some woman screams "Mika, Mika" and then some guy flies into the camera. And that's ALL that happens.
My mind was probably on Blair Witch as I was thinking about the new version or mentioned it around here or on the horrordvds forum.

Yeah, I thought Paranormal Activity was too hyped at first. I only started watching them recently in the last year. But I like how they keep continuing the story. I have two more to go. They are cheaply made but clever. Good acting. I think I reviewed a few around here. Depending on how they end, if they end, it might be a good series to own or at least revisit every few years or so.

I just checked wiki and there is a Japanese version called. Paranormal Activity 2: Tokyo Night that I haven't seen. So that makes three to still watch.