Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 03-15-2005, 11:51 PM
The Dork Knight

Clive Barker

not that great but one of my favorites
Old 03-16-2005, 12:02 AM
No charge for awesomeness

Quote:
Originally posted by AUSTIN316426808
why are you categorizing it? it's one of the worst movies ever made overall. not just mid budget horror.
Good call. I like the part where the springboard that is launching the zombie is fully visible in the shot almost as much as I love the constant reminder that it is based off a game via random insertions of actual clips from the game itself. :rolleyes:

Quote:
Originally posted by MidgardDragon
But if you do the math you'll realize that averages out to about 4-5 bucks a book/movie/DVD. And while DVD's and movies go for 10-20 dollars, and books go for around 10-15, I'd say it was a hell of a deal.

Forgot to mention one DVD I bought in a moment of penis-related weakness. And I'm not gonna say either.

Okay it was Showgirls.

*hangs head in shame*

Anyways, like I said, once you average it out, that's a nice deal, I don't know of anywhere you can get used books and movies for under 4 bucks, but if you do, feel free to tell me. ^^

About House of the Dead. It was good for what it tried to do, that is, be a cock-tease with a little bit of violence and zombies thrown in, but it wasn't, IMO, a good horror movie.

I'm up to NOES 3 now, I'd never saw the middle NOES so I'm gonna try to watch one a night until I get them watched. Guess I should try to find a used copy of Freddy's Dead and New Nightmare to complete the set, even though I've seen those.
I guess I don't know where you shop, but I would never pay 10-15 for a used book. You can get them at garage sales for like a dollar or less and at antique and used book stores for two or three bucks at most. Used movies can be found at pawn shops for 4 or 5 bucks or on eBay if you are lucky enough to find a reasonably priced aucton.

Like I said, if you are happy with it, that's all that really matters. Enjoy your Stephen King-age. :)
Old 03-16-2005, 12:06 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
I like the part where the springboard that is launching the zombie is fully visible in the shot

I didn't catch that part, about how long into the movie is that scene? I don't want to see anymore of that shit than I have to.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:17 AM

Fuck I dont remember. I went to that piece of crap on opening day hoping it'd be good so it's been a while now...

I would estimate that it's probably about 2/3rds of the way through. Where all the humans are fighting off a ton of zombies near a church and the actions scene is very long, drawn out, and Matrixy with lots of zombies 'jumping' around.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:26 AM
The Dork Knight

Quote:
Fuck I dont remember. I went to that piece of crap on opening day hoping it'd be good so it's been a while now...

I would estimate that it's probably about 2/3rds of the way through. Where all the humans are fighting off a ton of zombies near a church and the actions scene is very long, drawn out, and Matrixy with lots of zombies 'jumping' around.

oh you mean the scene where the guy with the 12 guage jumps in the air(for no apparent reason) and shoots the zombie in slow motion.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:30 AM

Yep, that's the one. I'm pretty sure it's in one of the zombies flying around in that scene.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:42 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Good call. I like the part where the springboard that is launching the zombie is fully visible in the shot almost as much as I love the constant reminder that it is based off a game via random insertions of actual clips from the game itself. :rolleyes:

I guess I don't know where you shop, but I would never pay 10-15 for a used book. You can get them at garage sales for like a dollar or less and at antique and used book stores for two or three bucks at most. Used movies can be found at pawn shops for 4 or 5 bucks or on eBay if you are lucky enough to find a reasonably priced aucton.

Like I said, if you are happy with it, that's all that really matters. Enjoy your Stephen King-age. :)
Oh, you got me wrong. I meant movies and books that you buy at the mall or in places likes Books-a-Million.

I know you can find better *used* deals if you shop around, but compared to stuff you buy at big-name chains and "brand new" stuff, it's a heck of a deal. I probably would have paid well over 200 bucks for all that stuff if it wasn't used. That was what I meant by a good deal. :)

And to respond to the recommendation made earlier: I'd been thinking about checking out some of Clive Barker's books. Any recommendations to get me started? With a brief one or two lines about what the book is about if you are feelings up to it? ^_^
Old 03-16-2005, 08:02 PM
Backyard Waterfall

I HAVE to see this House of the Dead movie. It sounds like just the kind of P.O.S. I like to see! Everyone has told me about it, yet I still keep hearing new things that increase my interest. It sounds just great!
Old 03-16-2005, 08:12 PM
Scares Little Kids

Quote:
Originally posted by filmmaker2
I HAVE to see this House of the Dead movie. It sounds like just the kind of P.O.S. I like to see! Everyone has told me about it, yet I still keep hearing new things that increase my interest. It sounds just great!
Here is a brief synposis of HOTD:

"Hip young cast" as usual.

Bad acting.

One weird boat-guy and one weird copy-lady.

At least 4 "tit-shots" within the first half of the movie.

Cheesy "lets kill all the zombies" type montage where they...kill all the zombies.

No other plot to speak of.

Oh, and let's not forgot shots from the actual game *in the movie*. Ordinarily I would think this were a great concept. However, they screwed the idea for all it was worth and made it as cheesy as possible.

Btw: I (downloaded) obtained a copy of the PC version of HOTD and have to say I've enjoyed it thus far. Too bad there aren't infinite continues though, I utterly hate having to restart a game every time you play it, though I guess that's just the arcade style. I'm willing to bet this would be a great game to play with a friend (or date) at an arcade with lots of quarters and lots of time to kill. I'm going to see if HOTD2 for the PC is any good now. ^^