Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 06-27-2013, 10:29 PM
Hellraiser

World war Z...3 /10 ...The only thing loyal to the book was the movie's title ..
Old 06-28-2013, 06:44 AM
HDC Idol

Last Seen Movie

V/H/S/2 (2013)

My gut reaction to this movie is, "I liked it." Better than the first one? Sure. But let's look at the actual "parts" of the film:
  • Tape 49/frame narrative, Directed by Simon Barrett - I thought this was pretty weak. Not sure that we necessarily needed a frame/narrative. Felt like we were going through the motions just to get to the tapes - Why not just cut it and get us there? The payoff was pretty weak too.
  • Clinical Trials, Directed by Adam Wingard - The concept was weak as well as some of the acting. Meh.
  • A Ride in the Park by Eduardo Sánchez - Maybe I'm jaded but I thought of it as just another zombie movie - Meh.
  • Safe Haven, Directed by Gareth Huw Evans - This, by far, was the best short. Really loved it and is probably what made this whole movie work for me.
  • Alien Abduction Slumber Party Directed by Jason Eisener - This was probably my 2nd favorite of the shorts - Definitely built up great suspense and had some fantastic scenes - Outside of the silly looking aliens I thought that it was solid.

3/5.

Dark Skies (2013)

I found this movie surprisingly effective - Definitely well-done and suspenseful. I had low expectations, and was pleasantly surprised.

3/5.

Never Let Me Go (2010)

There's a lot to like about this movie - It's a very subtle scifi slow-burner that deals with a pretty horrifying concept... What I really liked about it especially was the fact that we don't have people discovering the twist per se (SOILANT GREEN IS PEOPLE)... Our characters are just living it.

My big issue is that ultimately the movie is trying to create a feeling of utter helplessness but I didn't necessarily buy the inescapably of it.

2.75/5

Warm Bodies (2013)

I really really wanted to like this movie. Honestly, I think that my favorite part of it was Rob Corddry. The writing was really poor - The voice over was insipid and annoying and the main female, who is supposedly badass, made some really confusingly dumb decisions - In general this was one of those odd movies where characters continually make decisions that are just unbelievable. Pretty disappointing.

2/5.

Truth or Die (2012)

Just awful. Netflix, you can stop recommending it to me now.

1/5.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 06-28-2013, 06:50 AM
HDC Idol

Blue Valentine (2010)

Wow. This movie was absolutely fantastic. Incredible writing, acting, and direction. Very gritty, very melancholic, and very real. I absolutely loved it.

4.75/5.

Man of Steel (2013)

This movie was just awful. First it was incredibly boring and then the last action sequence just dragged on. I don't really understand why we needed another Superman movie.

2/5.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 07-02-2013, 01:59 AM
That fucking Guy...

World War Z.
Have not really read any of Brooks work outside bits of the Calendar edition of the survival guide...so not sure how this sums up in comparison...

I thought it was "ok". Not great, not aweful.
I had more problems with the fuckwits attending the cinema than the movie itself...I swear, I must make sure never to take a weapon in with me...

I'd give it about a 6.5/10.
I'd recommend seeing it, but maybe when it hits dvd/BR.
Old 07-02-2013, 02:30 PM
Evil is Better

World War Z
I thought this was awesome. It had a good story, was exciting the whole way through and nobody made any stupid decisions that ruined everything.

SPOILERS
I really loved the scene where Brad Pitt is walking towards the zombies at the end and they all just run around him because he infected himself with the virus to camouflage himself. It was an excellently done scene and it's the kind of moment i live for in movies.
END OF SPOILERS

The Next Three Days
Second time seeing this one. I especially love the third part of the movie. Everything Russel Crowe's character does in the last part is so smart. My girlfriend thought it was just ok due to the poor parenting decisions. She was hoping they would get arrested or die and the kid would go to the grandparents. Shes a little dark :cool:

Old 07-02-2013, 06:58 PM
Herald of Madness

The Shrine
This movie was actually better than what I was hoping for. It also has an interesting ending that you don't typically see in movies. I really wouldn't call this movie "horror", but rather dark fantasy. The villagers pack pretty mean crossbows however.
Old 07-03-2013, 05:11 AM
HDC's old chick

Not really sure if this qualifies as a movie, but, I watched "56 Up" last night. I'm so intrigued by this series. Started when the people were 7 years old and has gone back every 7 years to follow up with them.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:31 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via Yahoo to bamahorrorfan87
blood creek
Old 07-05-2013, 02:46 AM
Aussie Chainsaw Massacre

Man Of Steel 2/5

I was really disappointed by this. The first 15 minutes I was 'This is the greatest movie I have ever seen', but afterwards it sunk faster than the Titanic. Did not like the completely different story line, too much past flashbacks, acting rubbish.
Old 07-08-2013, 07:36 AM
For Vendetta

A Few Good Men meets Minority Report. Unfortunately, it neither has the class of the former nor the finesse of the latter. Most parts of the film drags and that's the first of many drawbacks. Skip.

Re-visited my all-time favorite zombie movie in all it's Extended Cut glory (two and half hours of awesomeness). Still kicks ass even after all these years.

Tags
movie