Old 10-20-2010, 12:20 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Villmark aka Dark Woods (2003)

Though the ending was a bit let down but overall it was a decent atmospheric thriller.

>>: B
Old 10-20-2010, 12:47 AM
No, fuck YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Villmark aka Dark Woods (2003)

Though the ending was a bit let down but overall it was a decent atmospheric thriller.

Only 1 movie last night?

That's absurd.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:00 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angra View Post
Only 1 movie last night?

That's absurd.
:D:D

Returned home late from office due to the heavy traffic jam on the road. Anyway I hope I'll make that up in this coming weekend.;)
Old 10-20-2010, 04:45 AM
Bad Natured

Pumpkinhead (1988) At the heart of Pumpkinhead lies the depths of human savagery, and from it we get the physical manifestation of bloodlust in this flick's titular character. What greases the gears of this near cult-classic is the price paid to wrong a right, that horrible amnesia that fogs the heat of the moment. Lance Henriksen is the driving force of this movie that would have likely foundered without him. The hillbillies were a wonderful assembly of smudgy locals; God only knows what goes on behind those closed cabin doors. The victims were standard fare, wooden fodder to be gobbled up by whatever. The direction was an exceptional effort as Stan Winston is known for his special effects, not his directorial acumen. The camera made great work of light, creating that creepy atmosphere that helps moves a horror flick above and beyond the usual suspects. And that window scene- brilliance. Leaving standard horror in its rear view, Pumpkinhead is one of those eighties flicks that reminds us that the 80s may have owned horror.
Genruk

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:13 AM
Midnight Toker

Send a message via MSN to iSeymore
Cinemas (Horror): "Let me In" (2010)
DVD (Slasher film): Friday the 13th Part III (1982)
Love Friday the 13th movies. :)
Old 10-20-2010, 11:44 AM
Evil Dead

My 31 Nights Of Halloween Celebration continues with:

"House Of Dark Shadows" (1970)
-Jonathan Frid

Feature version of the classic '60's soap opera. One of my favorites, has a kind of "Hammer" style to it. Lots of fun.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:39 PM
Banned

Beyond The DoOr..aka..The Devil Within Her

I seemed to remember this "Exorcist" rip-off as being pretty scary back when it was first released. While there was some decent scenes and Juliet Mills gave it her all, I found between the bad dubbing and some really goofy scenes, it just didn't work for me.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:56 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Trouble Every Day (2001)

A simple but incredible story about desires that turned into disease as eroticism explores through cannibalism here. But the beautiful thing is it's got a fascinating art house treatment by the director Clair Denis. Perhaps it sounds silly but at the beginning in one or two scenes I was thinking is it going to be an adult version of Let the Right One In? And yeah, I was damn wrong and I'm now glad for that. For its Slow pace with very minimal dialog definitely this isn't a movie for everyone but anyway I'm very thankful to Fort for the rec. I liked it.

>>: A-

Heartless (2010)

Though it started like a modern day horror-fairy tale but the vague ending left it open for viewer's own interpretation. I found it a pretty decent & interesting take on impact of society's everyday chaos on a young man and then how his psychological turmoil gradually turns into nightmares (specially after terribly losing his mother to the demons/gangsters!?) which ends up again like any other everyday violence triggered by out-of-control youths.

Have anyone suggests to check The Reflecting Skin (1990)?...which is done by the same director but I haven't seen yet.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:58 AM
Bad Natured

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post
Trouble Every Day (2001)

A simple but incredible story about desires that turned into disease as eroticism explores through cannibalism here. But the beautiful thing is it's got a fascinating art house treatment by the director Clair Denis. Perhaps it sounds silly but at the beginning in one or two scenes I was thinking is it going to be an adult version of Let the Right One In? And yeah, I was damn wrong and I'm now glad for that. For its Slow pace with very minimal dialog definitely this isn't a movie for everyone but anyway I'm very thankful to Fort for the rec. I liked it.

>>: A-
I could not agree more, awesome flick.

The Ghost Writer (2010). A sublime political thriller, Polanski is still at the top of his game. Sans the cheap tricks employed to glean audience support, this flick is good old-fashioned story-telling glorified. Our protagonist, a blank slate thrown into a pit of potential vipers of every color, seamlessly navigates the hazards in the blundering way of the typical soggy writer. The acting was top notch on all accounts, and yet Olivia Williams raised her craft above and beyond. Of course, the direction was nothing short of stellar, and Polanski's attention to detail gave this thriller not a look, but a feel of authenticity. The camera work and shot composure were laudable in their subtle perfection. And that score; my pulse throbbed right along with it, accolades only to be topped by the slight smile whose curvature paralleled its crescendo. In all, this flick might go into the vacuous annals of cinematic perfection. Merci beaucoup.
Genruk

Fate is my mistress, mother of the cruel abomination that is hope.
Old 10-21-2010, 06:54 AM
Evil Dead

Rampage: I'm really, really confused on this one. It's an Uwe Boll movie. But it was pretty good. But it's an Uwe Boll movie. But I liked it. it's definitely not without it's problems. The pacing really dies in the middle. Yes, we get it. He's killing tons of random people. Over and over and over again. The somewhat shaky cam, almost documentary style shooting does get to be a bit much after awhile. And the acting isn't exactly top-notch, but it all seems to work pretty well. It felt like a fairly natural movie. Actors were talking over one another to the point where it felt like a vast majority of the dialogue was ad-libbed. It's not exactly a great movie, but for Uwe Boll it's absolutely mind-blowingly good. I would actually recommend this one for a bit of mindless violence.