Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Little Boo

Thumbs up Real Chanty - 13/12/13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqJRWtdSV3k

Good french horror movie with Real Chanty !
Old 11-03-2013, 10:32 AM
Cranky

Interesting. I like it.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 11-03-2013, 11:42 AM
ventricle

Food for thought... I watched the trailer, modern black magic witchcraft used to kill another person. It's kind of funny, in an ironic horror sense, that the only reason modern society has stopped killing (punishing) witches is because it no longer believes they are capable of, nor responsible for, causing the death of people.

There's been some black magic witches killing people in horror film history, but the only significant ones that come to mind are old, old world witches (making them seem very fantasy), and modern comedies. I'm sure there's TV/Cable series, but I'm not familiar with them.

I would say no; but does anyone think a significant portion of society would ever again believe black magic was capable of being used to harm other people?

Last edited by Sculpt; 11-03-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 11-03-2013, 11:50 AM
Cranky

The current season of American Horror Story features a bevy of very deadly witches.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 11-11-2013, 06:22 AM
Little Boo

Produced by HK Corp :)
Old 11-11-2013, 07:09 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Food for thought... I watched the trailer, modern black magic witchcraft used to kill another person. It's kind of funny, in an ironic horror sense, that the only reason modern society has stopped killing (punishing) witches is because it no longer believes they are capable of, nor responsible for, causing the death of people.

There's been some black magic witches killing people in horror film history, but the only significant ones that come to mind are old, old world witches (making them seem very fantasy), and modern comedies. I'm sure there's TV/Cable series, but I'm not familiar with them.

I would say no; but does anyone think a significant portion of society would ever again believe black magic was capable of being used to harm other people?
I could say A LOT about this subject, but it would take this thread completely off topic... but my short answer is "yes", and quite a lot of people already do at some level.

I WILL tell you the short version of a story from my teenage years - and I'm 36, it's not that long ago. I chose a different spiritual path than the one my mother would have wanted me to, and her and the people from the religious community that she belonged to treated me as if I was some kind of demon. And I have at times, as an adult, been judged for "practicing black magic". My beliefs are different, therefore they must be harmful - is what some people seem to believe.

BUT - keep in mind that "witchcraft" has also been used as an excuse to get rid of certain "unwanted" individuals, and to get away with it with the support of most of society. These days, we still have "witch hunts", just in our own modern, more political ways - it's the same mentality, though, so in that way we haven't evolved much at all.