Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Upcoming Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-20-2008, 10:13 AM
For Vendetta

The Incredible Shrinking Man remake

This WILL make you rip your hair out...

April 17, 2008

Brett Ratner is in negotiations to direct Universal Pictures and Imagine Entertainment's remake of "The Incredible Shrinking Man."

Brian Grazer is producing the project, which has Eddie Murphy attached to star.

An updated version of the best-selling novel and 1957 sci-fi classic starring Grant Williams, "Man" is taking the comedic approach to the fantastical material, telling the story of a famous Las Vegas magician who is put under a spell that causes him to shrink. He must find a way to reverse the spell before he gets so small that he "disappears."

Thomas Lennon and Robert Ben Garant penned the most recent draft of the screenplay for the project, which had previously seen Pete Segal and Keenan Ivory Wayans in the director's chair.

Universal president of production Donna Langley and executive vp production Peter Cramer will oversee for the studio.

Ratner, one of the town's most commercial directors, is currently helming one of the short subjects in the "New York, I Love You" anthology film.

At Universal, he is also attached to direct "Playboy," Grazer's project about Hugh Hefner.

Ratner, who last directed "Rush Hour 3," is repped by CAA and attorney Jake Bloom.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:26 AM
HDC Idol

V, you're killing me here.

I... have nothing to say about this...

And people wonder why I'm losing my faith in humanity.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 04-20-2008, 10:33 AM
For Vendetta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
V, you're killing me here.

I... have nothing to say about this...
Heck, I wish I could just STOP posting anything, after reading that bit of news above.

It makes me sick as heck...:mad:
Old 04-20-2008, 10:37 AM
Top Of The World Ma!!

i'm all for it.

the origional has it's charms .. but if properly dont - i could see this one benefitting from some updated effects.

as long as they dont get some kid to play the roll.

oh shit - i just saw eddie murphy's name.

forget i said anything.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:21 PM
Evil Puppy

I don't have a problem with remakes, there's always a chance they'll be great and if they suck then I don't have to watch them. I'm still confused about Madonna wanting to remake Casablanca though... I just don't see how it could be profitable. Are there really that many stupid people in the world?

Of course there are, how silly of me. This one looks like an interesting remake simply because they're telling a very different story in my opinion. Almost like the two would be companion films rather than a movie and a remake.
Old 04-20-2008, 10:31 PM
Cranky

It's just sacriledge.....

Eddie Murphy is already playing a tiny person in an upcoming movie- he has to make TWO?

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 04-21-2008, 12:14 PM
Evil Dead

What a remarkably bad idea this is.
Old 04-21-2008, 12:59 PM
Mephistophiliac

Send a message via AIM to Doc Faustus
Vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit bleed cry vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit vomit no dear god why vomit vomit dear god why vomit vomit cry vomit dear god why
Old 04-21-2008, 02:13 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
Of course there are, how silly of me. This one looks like an interesting remake simply because they're telling a very different story in my opinion. Almost like the two would be companion films rather than a movie and a remake.
This is what I don't understand: If they want to make another zany comedy starring Eddie Murphy, so be it.

But this story seems different enough to be just another shitty screwball comedy; why call it a remake at all? Call it what it is:

Eddie Murphy gets into one of his ol' predicaments again!

But doNOT tarnish the name of this veritable scifi/horror classic.

Die in a fire.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 04-21-2008, 02:45 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
This is what I don't understand: If they want to make another zany comedy starring Eddie Murphy, so be it.

But this story seems different enough to be just another shitty screwball comedy; why call it a remake at all? Call it what it is:

Eddie Murphy gets into one of his ol' predicaments again!

But doNOT tarnish the name of this veritable scifi/horror classic.

Die in a fire.
How can anything hurt the original which is always there to watch? If anything it will bring us a killer dvd release of the original and open some eyes to a movie that people may not have heard of.

Die in your sleep after being tormented and cut into pieces by your stuffed animals.