Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 12-04-2017, 08:32 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Here's something right up roshiq's alley.

Very Cool! Very photorealistic! I love jumping spiders.

Last edited by Sculpt; 12-04-2017 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:43 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Jumpers are so fucking cute, even arachnophobes should love them.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 12-05-2017, 04:36 PM
ventricle

They say Jumping Spiders are the only spiders that can love you back... that's one to spin on, eh?

Old 12-05-2017, 06:08 PM
This is a test

Nailed it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg enhanced-buzz-orig-19756-1386870890-21.jpg (30.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-07-2017, 05:58 AM
This is a test

Anyone have any particular favorite Christmas treats? Things that you just have this time of year? I love fruitcake especially with the marzipan icing. I used to enjoy eggnog but now it doesn't agree with me. And these funny little candies called Misty Mints.
Old 12-07-2017, 06:34 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
Anyone have any particular favorite Christmas treats? Things that you just have this time of year? I love fruitcake especially with the marzipan icing. I used to enjoy eggnog but now it doesn't agree with me. And these funny little candies called Misty Mints.
Not sure about favorites... but I surely like fruitcake, love the nuts and rasinized fruits, especially toasting it and sopping it with butter. And I really like marzipan. Our family has a simple recipe, of the almond paste in a dough-crust, that we just call marzipan.

Old 12-08-2017, 05:40 AM
This is a test

My mom used to get these at Christmas which blew our tiny minds. Marzipan fruit candies. So realistic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6600874199_b5d702469f_b.jpg (57.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-08-2017, 04:14 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloof View Post
My mom used to get these at Christmas which blew our tiny minds. Marzipan fruit candies. So realistic.
I saw and tasted those at one family Christmas. As I recall, it was just too waxy in texture, and didn't taste good enough to get past the weirdness.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:35 PM
HDC's werewolf enthusiast

Those not fruits are totally blowing my tiny mind!

I look forward to blueberry candy canes, Christmas cookies in a huge variety that my grandmother will (at least used to) make, and my favorite, peanut brittle!! I get at least one bag of it home made from my cousin for Christmas every year.

When I was a kid we would visit the paper mill where my dad worked, and they had this huge shindig. Visit with Santa, a large model train display was set up, and all the kids were given a treat bag with a chocolate Santa and a popcorn ball. I miss the popcorn balls. They don't taste as good as I remember them these days.

Supposed to be happy, but I'm only getting colder. Wear a smile on my face, but there's a demon inside.
Free to use signature images and avatars!
Old 12-09-2017, 05:43 AM
This is a test

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roiffalo View Post
Those not fruits are totally blowing my tiny mind!

I look forward to blueberry candy canes, Christmas cookies in a huge variety that my grandmother will (at least used to) make, and my favorite, peanut brittle!! I get at least one bag of it home made from my cousin for Christmas every year.

When I was a kid we would visit the paper mill where my dad worked, and they had this huge shindig. Visit with Santa, a large model train display was set up, and all the kids were given a treat bag with a chocolate Santa and a popcorn ball. I miss the popcorn balls. They don't taste as good as I remember them these days.
Awww, roif, that's a sweet memory. And it sounds like a blast for the kids. My grandmother was Spanish and didn't make the traditional Christmas cookies but made these almost little donut-like cookies. They were in the shape of stars and dipped in honey or sugar water. Delish.