Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 05-29-2016, 09:55 PM
ventricle

Teen HS girls showering in front of males

Angra is interested in more debate. Here's a good topical subject in the US now...

I'm most curious to get the ladies' and parents' opinion on this one. But please, everyone comment on any issue here.

So there's the issue of transgenders of many types going into public bathrooms of their choice. But also high school locker and shower rooms.

HS Locker/Showers:
The most striking item is if a high school male, who has a penis, but identifies as a female (lets assume dresses with female clothing) states they prefer to use the female locker/shower room. What does everyone think of that?

Researching the "Obama transgender bathroom directive" (download link), the way I read it, schools are directed to allow the transgender with male sexual organs, gender identifying as female, to use the female locker/shower room.

8 or more states are suing.

Just Bathrooms:
Let me talk about just plain bathrooms...

This all begun with transgenders being attacked for using public bathrooms by someone who thought it was the wrong one (as sex organs aren't obvious). Physical assault is against the law everywhere in the US. These new directives and/or laws don't stop transgender assaults, but they would appear to allow men to go into women's bathrooms, and lockers and showers, seems to me. Is that OK? or do we still need to figure this out?

I assume there are no laws against men or women going into the opposite genders' bathroom. If a woman called the police, what would happen? This question answered here. It's possible to charge someone with a Peeping statute, Disorderly conduct or Trespass. But unlikely.

I really don't care if anyone uses a male public bathroom, but then again, I'm a male -- I don't feel unsafe from sexual assault or peeping-toms/janes looking at me in the bathroom. How do you women feel about men in a women's public bathroom?

It's important to note, if transgenders can go into any bathroom, then anyone can. There's no sex organ detectors, and no one is carrying their birth certificate. That's not a scare tactic, it's facts we're dealing with.

Solution:
First, no one should ever be assaulted or persecuted, transgender or not. If there's a REAL problem, call the police.

More direct to these issues: any individual with male organs should not be allowed in a women's shower/changing room "separately secured area", whether public school or anywhere else. And female vise versa.

If a student requests special bathroom/shower/locker use, provide if at all possible (like unisex, or single bathrooms). Make it work, use common sense.

Rule of thumb... for both school and public, any age, if an individual has exclusively male or female organs, they should use the corresponding bathroom. If the organs are indistinct, they use whichever bathroom corresponds to their gender clothing (such as a dress). If genderless clothing, use either male or female.

If an individual has male organs, but dresses as female, let them use the female bathroom; but the male shower/changing rooms. So someone might feel uncomfortable... welcome to world. Someone defecating/urinating in a public bathroom is not a crime or threat to anyone. Be friendly or leave them alone.

It's always been the case a male sexual predator can dress as a woman and go into a female bathroom to attempt a sexual assault; which I assume is extremely rare. None of these rules/laws changes that possibility. I can't see how trying to force transgenders into bathrooms that don't match the gender attire is going to reduce the extremely rare bathroom sexual assault instances.

Thoughts?

Old 05-29-2016, 10:10 PM
ventricle

Here's one person's opinion (replying to article "Is It Illegal for a Man to Use the Ladies’ Room?" .

Quote:
Karen Woodmansee

April 3, 2016 at 12:12 am

I have been thinking about the issue of transgenders in ladies’ rooms, that has been in the news in North Carolina and elsewhere. I don’t care what someone is, but if they are biological men, they are probably twice my size, maybe five or six times my strength, and they have a penis. As a two-time rape survivor, I know that a penis can be used as a weapon. I have experienced it. I would not wish it on my worst enemy. I think a ladies’ room is a place where women and girls should be able to feel safe. If a person, whatever they perceive themselves to be, is a biological male with the size, strength and penis of a biological male, they should not be in a ladies’ room or ladiies’ locker room. Because, with all that, they are a potential threat to women. We only have their word for how they feel about themselves. We have no other security. Not good enough for me. If you think you are a woman, cut it off. Otherwise, it is a threat, and should not be in the ladies’ room. I apologize if this is too graphic for some, but I feel very strongly about it. And I think politicians should remember there are more rape survivors out there than there are transgenders. Just my thoughts.
Thoughts?

Old 05-30-2016, 09:48 AM

I'm pretty sure, if I was in the washroom with my granddaughter, I would rather a man who is dressed as a woman comes in than a masculine woman dressed as a man. She would think it is a man in the washroom and would be scared. That's about as plain as I could put it. I myself don't care either way.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:41 AM
Evil Dead

If the problem is that men could come in and threaten women then that's the problem, not who uses the bathroom. If people are pretending to be the gender/sex of the bathroom they're not supposed to be in and oggle people then the problem is the fucked up people, not transgender people. Ideally all bathrooms should be gender neutral and have private stalls for each individual person.
Old 05-30-2016, 11:46 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Here's one person's opinion (replying to article "Is It Illegal for a Man to Use the Ladies’ Room?" .
Thoughts?
False argument. It implies trans women are going to be bigger than the woman. Also people attempting to assault other people has nothing to do with what is between their legs. Rape is about power only. If someone's going to attempt to rape someone having separate sex/gender bathrooms being changed to unisex is not all of a sudden going to spark people to rampantly rape. The problem is how anyone thinks it is acceptable to rape. Primarily hetero normative men. The problem isn't bathrooms its what we teach kids and adults through movies, magazines, gender role enforcement, etc.
Old 05-30-2016, 05:11 PM
Evil Dead

Attached Images
File Type: jpg yesno.jpg (22.5 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-31-2016, 03:59 AM
Horror Fan

This thread isn't what I expected...

Old 05-31-2016, 06:56 AM
Scares Little Kids

1. I really don't care. If someone born male identifies as a girl let them. They aren't in the shower rooms to perv at girls. I am sure that must girls would be more OK with it than most men.

2. I thought this was about something else....personally I quite like the idea of being spied on in the shower by a bunch of guys....
Old 05-31-2016, 12:48 PM
No, fuck YOU

I thought this thread was for- and about me only. I'm very disappointed..
Old 06-01-2016, 06:44 AM
Evil Dead

Personally, I don't give it much thought. I'm open-minded and I'm sure there's a way for it to all work out for everyone.