Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > New Member Lounge
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-13-2008, 07:23 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
wow apprently my rue morgue account still works. didnt expect it to.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
wow apprently my rue morgue account still works. didnt expect it to.
That's unfortunate ;)
Old 04-13-2008, 07:34 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via MSN to missmacabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Despare View Post
That's unfortunate ;)
i signed up for it without reading any posts and then realized everyone seemed like jerks so i never posted.
Old 04-13-2008, 07:36 PM
Evil Puppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmacabre View Post
i signed up for it without reading any posts and then realized everyone seemed like jerks so i never posted.
You must have posted here before it was too late! :D
Old 04-13-2008, 08:47 PM
Lord RawK

i'm not about making new friends in here and having the time of my life. i just want legitimacy. i haven't really been able to compare this and rue-morgue like someone commented to me.

people keep referencing that in here, everything is fun and games. is it all just sophomoric humor, like yeah someone saying they picked their nose and people reply laughing their asses off?
Old 04-13-2008, 09:17 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to Rayne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord RawK View Post

people keep referencing that in here, everything is fun and games. is it all just sophomoric humor, like yeah someone saying they picked their nose and people reply laughing their asses off?
If you were truly interested in the 'relevant content' of our forum, you would have read some of the threads in the more 'relevant sections' of our forum, rather than just your OWN threads in the New Members (where you're supposed to introduce yourself and MEET PEOPLE) section, saying that your intention isn't "about making friends"...And in the General Forum, which is where we're SUPPOSED to 'hang out, have fun' and not screw up the relevant sections...

I'd like to believe that our collective intelligence affords us a sense of humor a bit above that which involves bodily functions and nasty habits...However, my best suggestion is just for you to read the forum and ascertain that for yourself.
Old 04-13-2008, 09:26 PM
Lord RawK

you make a valid point and that is exactly why i posted my threads in these two sections of the board. they would be out of place anywhere else. i am not saying all of you are not allowed to have fun, i was just stating why i came here to begin with. sorry i don't need to feel loved by all of you, that is not my intention.

someone before said that rue-morgue had an elitist attitude. now i am not sure how one could say that just by glancing at that board, but so be it. i just hope that this forum isn't about the lives of runts and slaves of our society. i never once thought that to be true, but the way people are digging their own graves saying that this is a different place then the "elitist" ways of rue-morgue makes me ponder.
Old 04-13-2008, 10:00 PM
Umbra Asylum

Send a message via Yahoo to Rayne
Quote:
sorry i don't need to feel loved by all of you, that is not my intention.
Well, that's certainly a good thing, because ___V___ already holds that particular position :p
Quote:
someone before said that rue-morgue had an elitist attitude. now i am not sure how one could say that just by glancing at that board, but so be it. .
All that I can say about this is, I have accounts on MANY horror forums: Rue Morgue, Zombie Nation, ReelHorror, Fangoria, ISeeDead, and several others that I don't even remember the names of at the moment...I stayed at ReelHorror for about a year (while also posting HERE), as for the others, they couldn't keep me interested for more than a week...Yet, I have been at THIS forum for over 4 years (will be 5 years in November)...So, obviously, my PERSONAL opinion is that HDC is the best horror forum on the 'net.
Quote:
the way people are digging their own graves saying that this is a different place then the "elitist" ways of rue-morgue makes me ponder.
Digging graves? Well, some people DO have hobbies ya know, but I doubt they would be our own, as I'm not sensing any peril here at the moment:rolleyes:
Old 04-13-2008, 10:38 PM
Cranky

The best way to deal with a forum troll is to ignore it.

Cartoon Artwork, Underground Art, Other Weird Stuff
Old 04-14-2008, 04:34 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverending View Post
The best way to deal with a forum troll is to ignore it.