Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Classic Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 11-04-2012, 11:41 AM
Little Boo

You guys

you guys are awesome that you love troma ville and movies that are chessy. Yes troma is really bad but its so amazing. Im in the process of writing a movie and I am going to try and send it in to troma and yes i will make a really bad movie but thats what I enjoy and thats what alot of other people enjoy.
Old 11-04-2012, 11:43 AM
Little Boo

rumor has it that john travolta is going to play toxie
Old 11-04-2012, 05:33 PM
Little Boo

I love "Mother's Day", my favorite, and it was just released on Blu-Ray!
Old 11-07-2012, 10:44 AM
horrorward.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieGirl1222 View Post
rumor has it that john travolta is going to play toxie
*In the best John travolta voice* "I'm a mutant, oh ma god!"
Old 07-16-2014, 05:00 PM
Evil Dead

Has anyone seen Tromeo & Juliet or Blood Sucking Freaks?

Wow......crazy shit!!

I watched all the Toxic Avenger movies back in the day along with Mother's Day but I guess I missed some!!

I found a whole section of the Troma Production movies on a free channel through my Roku.

I posted in another thread about how it irked me with sex scenes in horror movies but it seems to fit for the Troma movies.

:shocked:
Old 07-16-2014, 08:04 PM
ventricle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfantasy View Post
Wow......crazy shit!!

I watched all the Toxic Avenger movies back in the day along with Mother's Day but I guess I missed some!!

I found a whole section of the Troma Production movies on a free channel through my Roku.

I posted in another thread about how it irked me with sex scenes in horror movies but it seems to fit for the Troma movies.

:shocked:
Haven't seen either one. I had someone describe Blood Sucking Freaks to me, but that was 20 years ago.

What did you think of BSF and Tromeo & Juliet?

The "boob reveal" in a bunch of horror films always indicates to me a cheap clique horror film -- 90% don't have a story or characters worth a buck.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:31 PM
Evil Dead

Blood Sucking Freaks is distributed by Troma, but it's not a typical Troma film. It's a fairly explicit 70s exploitation torture film, less campy and more nudity than most Troma films. It was originally called The Incredible Torture Show but Troma renamed it when they acquired it. I didn't like it all that much. Not much of a story, some annoying characters, and I didn't find the torture all that believable. Even so, it's a notorious film that left some mark, so worth watching for historical purposes, if nothing else. There's a little bit of fun to be had there.

I haven't seen Tromeo and Juliet, but it's on the short list of most popular Troma films, so probably worth a watch if you like other films in the catalog.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:20 AM
Evil Dead

BSF is as described by Giantface,i kinds liked it but it does have its faults and of course low budget issues.

As for Troma,well that's another bag of worms altogether.personally i hate Troma.They are cheap,which isnt a fault i admit,but its crass and treats its audience like dumb ass cretins who scrape their knuckles across the floor.Dreadful FX which i could do better with a bowl of cornflakes and some jam.And worse still the god awful acting from both male and female leads.

I know i will probably get slammed for saying this but hey,i`m a big boy now and been around long enough to know crap when i see it and Troma has it in spades.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Banned

BSF is a ultimate cult classic! Super twisted and fun! I love it!

Tromeo And Juliet is a great movie I really like. However I feel it was the start of Troma making strictly gross out shock comedies. Up until then their movies seemed like real movies just very off beat and strange. T & J and after Troma's movies became anti-movies.

Check out Father's Day from Troma if you get a chance. That movie will make you puke!
Old 07-17-2014, 07:10 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthropophagus View Post
As for Troma,well that's another bag of worms altogether.personally i hate Troma.They are cheap,which isnt a fault i admit,but its crass and treats its audience like dumb ass cretins who scrape their knuckles across the floor.Dreadful FX which i could do better with a bowl of cornflakes and some jam.And worse still the god awful acting from both male and female leads.
Haha, so well put! I laughed out loud. I'm not much of a Troma fan either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormo Zine View Post
Check out Father's Day from Troma if you get a chance. That movie will make you puke!
Yeah that one's pretty twisted. I doubt I would watch it again, but it was something.