Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Latest Horror Movies
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 10-03-2015, 01:58 PM
Evil Dead

I spit on your grave 3

Watched this and am a little perplexed. Its cool to see the actress from the original remake back. However it seems to take the feminist issues and propel them to super proportions. There's literally only one or two only decent blokes in the entire movie. Even the men she meets in the street seem to be unpleasant and on the verge of attacking her. As for the police there incompetent even by slasher movie standards, apart from when she is attacked of course. Also the streets seen mysteriously empty. Despite all this it is an interesting entry in the series, and would love to know others opinions
Old 10-04-2015, 12:02 PM
Innsmouth Swim Team Coach

Reminded me a bit of Ms.45.
Old 10-04-2015, 12:05 PM
"Wrong one, bitch!"

I saw it two days ago after watching I Spit On Your Grave 2 first which I liked a lot... I'm giving this movie a 3,75/10 because I can't choose between 3,5/10 and 4/10. It was different from the rest of the franchise, so that's what made it interesting. But the way they portrayed every man as someone who sexually harasses women was just absurd. Plus I cringed at the behavior of the father whose daughter was raped.
Old 10-05-2015, 12:52 AM
Evil Dead

i kind of thought the father's behaviour was quite realistic. As he said, hes sorta week in body and i think you would be that angry if something like that happened. Unfortunately, i knew a lady whos daughter was murdered by a junkie and she's still very angry in her attitudes and thoughts all the years later. You are right Ferox, it is like ms 45 now you mention it, i didnt think about the connection, but the more i think about it the more it is. what was your opinion of it (i spit 3 i mean) and do you agree or disagree with my criticisms

Last edited by neilold; 10-05-2015 at 12:53 AM.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:51 AM
Movie Mad

Send a message via ICQ to SatManUK Send a message via Yahoo to SatManUK Send a message via Skype™ to SatManUK
I must say I haven't seen the second or the third movies, but I will watch them and let you know my opinions. The first one I thought was pretty good.
Old 10-05-2015, 07:11 AM
Evil Dead

I only saw the first one, and I wasn't terribly impressed. I don't think I'll watch the sequels.
Old 10-05-2015, 08:25 AM
"Wrong one, bitch!"

I'm not saying the way he acted was unrealistic, it just made me cringe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by horcrux2007 View Post
I only saw the first one, and I wasn't terribly impressed. I don't think I'll watch the sequels.
You should watch I Spit on Your Grave 2. The mental torture the main character had to go through was horrifying, worse than the girls from the original and the remake.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:52 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Not fond of the 2010 remake as I didn't see any point of remaking Meir Zarchi's cult classic. But yeah..I liked that 2013 flick 'I SPIT--2' as it was like a different film dealing with the same theme of rape & revenge but it was a well made & a lot better than the remake. And lately, I got really impressed by its latest installment also..'I SPIT--3: Vengeance is Mine'...a sequel story to that 2010 remake that dealt with the issues quite differently. Liked it too. Overall, as a franchise it's good, IMO.
Old 10-06-2015, 11:11 AM
Evil Dead

As a franchise its dead on its arse. All the controversy it was ever gonna cause is long since gone. What we have left is basically the same movie and theme played repeatedly without a great deal if variation, still that's what a franchise often is
Old 10-06-2015, 11:45 AM
Pirate of Bengal

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilold View Post
As a franchise its dead on its arse. All the controversy it was ever gonna cause is long since gone. What we have left is basically the same movie and theme played repeatedly without a great deal if variation, still that's what a franchise often is
Yeah...same goes for most other contemporary Horror franchises or series. In terms of story telling, character development and making, still I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE is better than series like Paranormal Activity & Wrong Turn.