Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 02-05-2004, 08:36 PM
Evil Dead

The BURNING 2

I think they should make "The burning 2." I think it's about time that someone makes a decent horror movie and makes it look like it was made back in the 80's. Movies like "Freddy VS Jason" and "Jason x" and "Cabin fever" are really starting to piss me off. I think they should make the burning 2 and have kids with big hair and band shirts. Go 80's style! Who else would like to see that?
Old 02-06-2004, 08:38 AM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to Splatter Phreak
i would love to see a movie like that and the burning would be just the franchise to do it with. excellentidea man.
i still enjoyed freddy versus jason though.
Old 02-06-2004, 11:40 AM
Evil Dead

Yea but if someone was to make this you would have to make it 80's style or else it would be american pie with blood like most movies nowdays.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:03 AM
Dead as a Dodo

That's weird as I've been thinking about writing a horror movie set in the eighties and it would be made like it would be back then. So many people are into that style of filmaking and that era that it would do well even if it became just a cult. Actually I did write something a while back that me and my friends were gonna film, it was set in the eighties but it was more a comedy. I'm surprised it hasn't already been done. The Burning 2 is a cool idea.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:41 PM
Evil Dead

Yea man...80's slashers were made to be in the 80's and the 80's only! I mean now days if you make a slasher movie set in the woods you have to mention cell phones having no service and all. So making a movie look 80's style with big hair and band shirts is a great idea! Even the quality should look kind of bad in my opinion. That gives it the feel of an 80's slasher flick. Thanks for saying "The burning 2" is a good idea. I'm going to go write it.
Old 02-13-2004, 03:06 AM
Misanthrope

Yeh 80s slashers are definatley my favorite sub genre. Its weird no one bothered to make a sequel to The Burning because its in my opinion THE slasher of the 80s I think I even rate it over Halloween. How much does that scene on the raft kick ass?! I'm writing a horror movie at the moment that I'll be filming this year. I think it'll be somewhere in the style of 80s slashers with the grainy dull low budget exposures of 70s exploitation movies. I like how alot of those movies had a "snuff" film like quality that added to the realness of the films (Deranged, The Prowler and Texas Chainsaw Massacre are good examples of this). I like the total sadist like nastyness of the 80s slasher movies because there were some truely sick, evil characters as villians that would eat most of the lame attempts at villians they keep pumping out latley for breakfast. One movie I was suprised about never having any sequels was My Bloody Valentine... it was even set up perfectly for a sequel at the end.
Old 02-15-2004, 04:40 PM
Evil Dead

Good idea

Fulci Lives!!!!
Old 02-16-2004, 07:30 AM
Dead as a Dodo

Quote:
Originally posted by ckyguy
Yea man...80's slashers were made to be in the 80's and the 80's only! I mean now days if you make a slasher movie set in the woods you have to mention cell phones having no service and all. So making a movie look 80's style with big hair and band shirts is a great idea! Even the quality should look kind of bad in my opinion. That gives it the feel of an 80's slasher flick. Thanks for saying "The burning 2" is a good idea. I'm going to go write it.
How is it going ckyguy? With the writing?

I wished cell phones hadn't been invented! I hate having to make it a plot point! A lot of people ignore it alltogether. It's kind of a given though if it's set ruraly it won't work but as u said u still have to mention it.

Last edited by sleepaway; 02-16-2004 at 07:34 AM.
Old 02-16-2004, 07:37 AM
Dead as a Dodo

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis_Christ
Yeh 80s slashers are definatley my favorite sub genre. Its weird no one bothered to make a sequel to The Burning because its in my opinion THE slasher of the 80s I think I even rate it over Halloween. How much does that scene on the raft kick ass?! I'm writing a horror movie at the moment that I'll be filming this year. I think it'll be somewhere in the style of 80s slashers with the grainy dull low budget exposures of 70s exploitation movies. I like how alot of those movies had a "snuff" film like quality that added to the realness of the films (Deranged, The Prowler and Texas Chainsaw Massacre are good examples of this). I like the total sadist like nastyness of the 80s slasher movies because there were some truely sick, evil characters as villians that would eat most of the lame attempts at villians they keep pumping out latley for breakfast. One movie I was suprised about never having any sequels was My Bloody Valentine... it was even set up perfectly for a sequel at the end.
I agree 100% 80's slashers are my very favourite. So much more realistic. I love My Bloody Valentine big time, go Canada! I would LOVE to see the uncut version, there's so much missing.
Old 02-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Evil Dead

The writing is coming out okay. I have 4 scripts so far. I have a lot of ideas for this movie. I need help with dialog though