Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-28-2004, 07:22 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to joshreluctant Send a message via Yahoo to joshreluctant
Exclamation Indie Comp

Hey there, me and 3 of my friends do a lot of filmmaking. We decided to get serious with it, and bought a domain, webspace, and some new equipment. The movie's right now are pretty crap. But if you were to look at them, spread some word, give me some feedback, that would definitely make my fucking day. But there's a few things I have to get out of the way first.

1. The "Deadly Encounter" series is supposed to be about nothing. It was me and my friend Joe's first work together, and we just had fun doing it, fight scenes, close-ups, and what-not. So when we made the second one, we just wanted a gory ending, and an even stupider point for the plot. Hence, we fight to the death over a pear. The first installment will be uploaded soon.

2. Some of them are very short, just things that we've shot at midnight because we couldn't sleep.

3. Braveass is a joke, not a serious forward effort. Haha.

4. Any of us would welcome an IM or an E-mail from anyone willing to help us perfect our craft. As long as you aren't a dick about it, you'll be well accepted, even if it is negative.

And if anyone else out there has a site with their short film work, we'd be glad to link any of you. We average about 30-40 hits a day, which is crap, but sometimes there's spurts of hundreds, topping out at five hundred hits a day. If we advertise, word will spread, and if you want a link, just let me know with an E-mail or an AOL instant message, i'm always online.

Oh, and lastly, if anyone checks out our claymation (albeit small, only 16 seconds long), Joe and I are planning a much longer claymation to premiere with Bruce Millet's film the business at the Strand in Boston in May. Our claymation short will be running before his feature at the premiere. For more information on the business (starring Gunnar Hansen), check out www.thebusinessmovie.com .

And of course, the link to our site.

Http://www.reluctantproductions.com

Sincerely,
Josh
Old 02-01-2004, 05:33 PM
Hellraiser

Send a message via AIM to joshreluctant Send a message via Yahoo to joshreluctant
you're all wicked rude. not one reply. hahaha.

josh
Old 02-03-2004, 03:08 AM
Dead as a Dodo

I'll check the site out. Sounds great. Hey, at least you're doing something right? Practice makes perfect and all that shit! Good luck to ya. If I ahve any comments I'll post.
Old 02-05-2004, 07:18 PM
Hellraiser

Thanks

Thanks for checking it out. We just added a forum up on there. So anyone can feel free to sign up.

Josh
Old 02-09-2004, 04:50 AM
morbidodyssey

Holy Shit man that was great!

The claymation was very very good, and I loved the 2 Deadly Encounters.

However that kid with the bonde hair was fucking stupid looking. He kept getting on my nerves.

however I suggest everyone check out the site!
Old 02-09-2004, 08:46 AM
Hellraiser

oh really fool?

Quote:
Originally posted by morbidodyssey
Holy Shit man that was great!

The claymation was very very good, and I loved the 2 Deadly Encounters.

However that kid with the bonde hair was fucking stupid looking. He kept getting on my nerves.

however I suggest everyone check out the site!
Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Joe. Another part of reluctant productions. He's the kid with black hair and the stupid fucking face.
Old 02-09-2004, 10:50 AM
morbidodyssey

Re: oh really fool?

Quote:
Originally posted by joshreluctant
Ladies and Gentlemen, meet Joe. Another part of reluctant productions. He's the kid with black hair and the stupid fucking face.
Josh=Fucking Poor.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:05 PM
Hellraiser

Re: Re: oh really fool?

Quote:
Originally posted by morbidodyssey
Josh=Fucking Poor.
thanks joe.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:57 AM
Dead as a Dodo

Re: Thanks

Quote:
Originally posted by joshreluctant
Thanks for checking it out. We just added a forum up on there. So anyone can feel free to sign up.

Josh
I couldn't view stuff from my PC at work gonna have to try at home!!!!