Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Horror Filmmakers
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 04-27-2006, 03:05 PM
Scares Little Kids

Send a message via AIM to vmr128
My first movie

ok im getting a camra and im aiming to start over the summer my first movie called "CLONE". A low budget movie when a kid sees an exacte replica of himself (without lab things) and the clone tries to kill the kid. i thinki can pull; it off and im writing the script and i was post it somewhere soon so tell me if this is a good i dea for a movie and give some sugesttions.
Old 04-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Misfit

Send a message via AIM to Posher778 Send a message via MSN to Posher778 Send a message via Yahoo to Posher778
Ehhh... Well, you asked. I don't think it sounds very good. A random clone... who attacks his other self... "what's my motivation?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by X¤MurderDoll¤X View Post
oh posher, I love you.

well as much as a girl can love a squirrely little girly man I suppose.

None of this is real
Old 04-27-2006, 10:01 PM
Can you dig it ?

Suggestions: use interesting camera angles, good lighting, decent sound and don't waste people's time to get them to watch it if it's just going to be something that only your friends are going to watch by your house on the weekend since you're all just screwing around in it. Acting and a weak plot is forgivable if it at least looks like there was some effort involved. Good luck.
CK
Old 04-27-2006, 10:16 PM
No charge for awesomeness

The plot's been done before, but what plot hasn't? My only advice would be to NEVER post your script anywhere unless you have already registered it! If you post an unregistered script, it becomes fair game for someone else to steal and use.

That's all the advice I have. Have fun and good luck.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:39 AM
Banned

my advice = i hope you hired identical twins ..
Old 04-28-2006, 07:00 AM
Evil Dead

I hate those science fiction movies. And if you WANT to post your script on THIS messageboard, then I suggest you make a little copyright symbol on it. It won't do much, but it'd be the best thing on your script. I hate clone movies. And This is a HORROr messageboard, your Idea doesn't sound scary. You COULD shoot this movie, I'd make a better story. And what's the budget going to be?

^^^
DON'T GO TO THAT WEBSITE!!!
I'M WARNING YOU!!!
Old 04-28-2006, 07:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadowman
I hate those science fiction movies. And if you WANT to post your script on THIS messageboard, then I suggest you make a little copyright symbol on it. It won't do much, but it'd be the best thing on your script. I hate clone movies. And This is a HORROr messageboard, your Idea doesn't sound scary. You COULD shoot this movie, I'd make a better story. And what's the budget going to be?
so - you're speaking for everyone ?
Old 04-28-2006, 09:47 AM
Tenant

Quote:
Originally posted by bwind22
The plot's been done before, but what plot hasn't? My only advice would be to NEVER post your script anywhere unless you have already registered it! If you post an unregistered script, it becomes fair game for someone else to steal and use.

That's all the advice I have. Have fun and good luck.
Well, the real strong part of the story- the bizzareness of seeing an exact replica of yourself- was an episode of the Twighlight Zone.
Old 04-28-2006, 10:00 AM
Mighty HDC Drunken Pirate

Ok. I'll give you some feedback. Just make sure you understand that I'm being blunt because I'm a writer. This is not meant to be mean-spirited, just helpful.

1.) No self-respecting writer who gets paid/wants to get paid for their work is going to just throw a bunch of ideas at you when you give them a single line of plot. P2P writing help is based on feedback and the strong/weak points of your story. This is your baby, not ours; we're not going to write it for you.

That being said, what I'm getting out of this is: Boy sees clone, clone tries to kill boy. That's it? That's pretty vague, but I'll pop you some questions that might help you give us some more to work with.

Q: How does he know it's a clone? You said there's no lab/science involved, so how does your main character know it's not just some guy who bears a striking resemblance?

Q: Are you building mystery around this clone? Why he's there, where he came from & why he's trying to kill your hero? I'll state right now, that if a clone just pops up and starts chasing your hero trying to off him for no reason: it's pretty bad. I personally wouldn't watch it, and I'd gather that a lot of others wouldn't, either.

I'll throw you a bone and give you an idea to build around, though. Why don't you try having part of the story deal with your heros' self doubt. Say something happens to the point where he wonders if HE's the one who's the clone, not his counterpart trying to kill him. That might start to make it a little more interesting.

I really can't help you more unless you give me some more to go on. Hope that helps so far.

-Flayed
Old 04-28-2006, 10:08 AM
GRAVE DANCER

Sorta like the scene in "Army Of Darkness"

Sorry dude but, bad idea....
Like the others from the past
The naked belly, full of cysts
Smells so good, I cant resist
I know inside this ones the best
As I eat the rotting chest