Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror Movie Discussion > Indie Horror Movies and Short Films
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Old 01-01-2010, 04:52 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshiq View Post

SPIDER

Directed by Nash Edgerton.
written by Nash Edgerton & David Mich�d.

Jack and Jill are always hurting each others feelings. But like Mum said, Its all fun and games until someone loses an eye.

Pretty interesting...liked it.

Fan.TASTIC. That was incredible. There was actually a part where I gasped out loud. LOVED it. Thanks for sharing.

Join my Facebook Horror Group!
Old 03-03-2010, 04:29 AM
surfaceofthesun

Watch me leave - 2010
Directed & written by Łukasz Pytlik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMDpVY33Mog
Old 03-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Little Boo

Game of the dead

Hello everybody!
My new short movie: Game of the dead.
It's about a special game played by a band of zombis in a post acopacyptic world!
You can see it at : http://www.gameofthedead.fr

I'm waiting for your comments!
Nico

Last edited by nicohugon; 03-15-2010 at 11:57 AM.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Poison of the Flesh

Send a message via Yahoo to Empress_Of_Drac
I suggest Autopsy and Inside. These two are indie films but each will scare the sh*t out of you. I'm definitely a gory and horror fanatic but when I watched Inside, my knees were actually shaking because of fear.;)

Fosamax Recall | Fosamax Recall| Fosamax Side Effects
Old 05-17-2010, 04:14 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfaceofthesun View Post
Watch me leave - 2010
Directed & written by Łukasz Pytlik

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMDpVY33Mog
Not bad for a newbie horror contest entry. It's not clear exactly what his motive is, though, and whether or not I should feel bad for him...

Old 05-17-2010, 04:16 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicohugon View Post
Hello everybody!
My new short movie: Game of the dead.
It's about a special game played by a band of zombis in a post acopacyptic world!
You can see it at : http://www.gameofthedead.fr

I'm waiting for your comments!
Nico
Désolé, je ne parle pas français.

Old 05-19-2010, 09:51 AM
washes away...

Blood in the Bay

Just completed my first short film, called Blood in the Bay. It was shot in Maryland, and I would love to know your opinion on it .. http://vimeo.com/9566808
Old 05-30-2010, 08:02 AM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodintheBay View Post
Just completed my first short film, called Blood in the Bay. It was shot in Maryland, and I would love to know your opinion on it .. http://vimeo.com/9566808

OK. So I actually think that the direction is really good - How shots are framed, the editing, that sort of thing.

The voice over honestly drives me mad - It's heavy-handed and really gets in the way of the movie. Also, I really don't care about any of the characters, so I'm ambivalent as to whether or not they live or die.

Old 06-15-2010, 04:45 PM
washes away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoGrl View Post
OK. So I actually think that the direction is really good - How shots are framed, the editing, that sort of thing.

The voice over honestly drives me mad - It's heavy-handed and really gets in the way of the movie. Also, I really don't care about any of the characters, so I'm ambivalent as to whether or not they live or die.
Thanks for watching it.. Yeah, i know the writing is crap.. haha, what happened was I am a comedy writer, I wrote for 4 years straight, then took 4 years off to learn to edit, then the last two I have been shooting and directing so, when i came down to doing this short film. I was concerned about directing and not writing.. I needed to go back to square one and make sure the script was good.. before trying to make a film, but you live and your learn.. I am trying to develop a feature length script based off Barnacle Bill, well, see how that goes, once again, it's not comedy.. Thanks for watching.. I do appreciate it.. and the honest criticism is always nice..
Old 06-15-2010, 05:45 PM
HDC Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodintheBay View Post
Thanks for watching it.. Yeah, i know the writing is crap.. haha, what happened was I am a comedy writer, I wrote for 4 years straight, then took 4 years off to learn to edit, then the last two I have been shooting and directing so, when i came down to doing this short film. I was concerned about directing and not writing.. I needed to go back to square one and make sure the script was good.. before trying to make a film, but you live and your learn.. I am trying to develop a feature length script based off Barnacle Bill, well, see how that goes, once again, it's not comedy.. Thanks for watching.. I do appreciate it.. and the honest criticism is always nice..
No problem - More than happy to. Really wish that I had the motivation, drive, equipment, etc. to put together a short film of my own - I know it's not an easy task, so I don't want to rip apart what is clearly a true effort.

Hey - If you're a comedy writer and it's what you're comfortable with, why not do a horror comedy? I mean, you could take the source material (Barnacle Bill) and turn it into a fun cheese-fest instead of something serious, you know? Then you can take the voice over and make it even MORE over the top and it'll be successful.

Also: Two REALLY nit-picky things... The opening shot, the guy sitting in the boat - for some reason I couldn't help but focus on his, uhm, crack. :o

And our first scene in the car, I'm not sure why our heroine goes from complaining about her small town to screaming outside the car - She goes from frustrated and angry to fun-loving. Just an odd transition. Why not just make her a stereotype backwoods slut? Again, going for the comedy aspect of it might be more fun. :)

Then again, I'm sure a lot of people give you "suggestions" - It's up to you in the end. Good luck with your next endeavors - Keep posting them here! I'd love to see where they go!.