Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Site Suggestions/Questions

Old 08-18-2013, 06:26 AM
That fucking Guy...

I've got one.
Not a horror movie, but one I recall seeing part of.
I'd say it was comedy by the tone.

Walter Matthau, was talking about his previous marriages.
He then told a story about having married someone who was a man.
I just remember him saying very wryly, something like
"That's right, I married a faggot".

I wouldn't know one of his films from another really, he's a bit before my time.
(Aside from "Tastes funny...tastes like paint...and wood")
Though I've wondered about this one.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:46 AM
No, fuck YOU

Might be The Odd Couple.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063374/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Old 08-18-2013, 07:20 AM
That fucking Guy...

I don't recall seeing the Jack Lemmon guy in it.
Walter looked older in this one too.
At a guess I'd say it was a 70's film. Maybe beyond.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Little Boo

I read your post yesterday and have been racking my poor brain ever since. The only movies I could come up with that are similar are:

Death Ship (1980) which might be a bit too old, and
Triangle (2009) an excellent psychological thriller

Hope this helps.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:57 PM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
I read your post yesterday and have been racking my poor brain ever since. The only movies I could come up with that are similar are:

Death Ship (1980) which might be a bit too old, and
Triangle (2009) an excellent psychological thriller

Hope this helps.
Thank you for trying. Someone else had suggested those movies and they did not seem right, this must be a really obscure movie.
Old 08-19-2013, 01:13 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sculpt View Post
Oh, I forgot about the sci-fi with the name The Island. Actually, I meant The Island 1980 with Michael Caine. I highly doubt that's the film you saw, but rather your description made me think of it. It's a father and son run into modern day pirate horror thriller.
I used to love that movie as a kid -- one of the first our family had on VHS. I haven't seen it since, so don't know how it holds up.
Old 08-22-2013, 06:06 PM
Little Boo

Question Help me identify this movie!!!!

Hi everyone, I'm completely new to this site, and I'm here for a specific purpose.

I streamed a movie on netflix at some point between September and December of 2012, and I have been trying to find it again EVER SINCE.

I do not remember much about the movie....It was a very hazy time hahaha

Here are the details that I remember:

- it was a very low-budget movie, and based on the production quality appeared to be from the 70's or 80's
- the basic plot involved two couples going to a mansion that belonged to one of the male characters' family members. I think a grandfather or great-grandfather was some sort of deranged artist
- it involves the characters sort of running wild in this mansion for a time - i think they do cocaine a lot
- the end up having very serious hallucinations and very WEIRD stuff happens
- there are several scenes at a dinner table that are VERY F***ed (I dont remember exactly what, but I remember it being pretty gross - maybe cannibalism / self mutilation?)
- there is definitely a pool
- I think the main character is a writer, and he may be engaged to his female counterpart?

If ANYONE has any ideas for what this is - PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!!!! I am DYING TO REWATCH!!!!!!!

Sincerely,
RRR
Old 08-22-2013, 10:34 PM
ventricle

I think that was Tom Petty's video for "Don't Come Around Here No More".

Just kidding, sorry, that doesn't ring a bell for me.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:42 PM
Evil Dead

Send a message via AIM to horrorman
film demons possess man (moved into new house with wife and kid)

Someone asked this on a horror forum, and I was wondering what this is too. They saw they it some time around 2000, but it could be a movie from the 80s-90s. In the film, a father, mother, and son move into a house, and the father slowly goes insane and starts communicating with demons (or) spirits in the basement. There was a particular shower scene, in which the mother or son takes a shower, and the demons came out to attack them. The person also thinks, but is not sure, that the mother and son traps the father in the basement at the end, and uses the furnace to burn the house with him and the demons in it. This is all they can remember. I thought this was "This House Possessed" or "Cameron's Closet", but it could also be "New Nightmare" or one of the recent "Amityville Horror" films, all involving demons and shower scenes. Does this seem familiar to anyone?
Old 08-23-2013, 04:51 AM
HDC's old chick

Sounds like "Gothic", starring Gabriel Byrne, Julian Sands, Natasha Richardson (the one that was married to Liam Neeson and died), and the guy that played Peter Pettigrew in the Harry Potter films.

Tags
#demon #possession, 70's, 80's, advice, afterlife, alcohol, asylum, b&w, bad acting, body parts, cant find film, cemetary, children, classic horror movies, cloche, closet, creepy woman, cult, dead, demon, dog, doll, early 2000s, experimental, factory, film, film name, finding, fog, found footage, funny, ghost, ghosts, giallo, girl, god, gothic, gun, guy, haunted, haunted house, haunted painting, head on platter, help needed, helpme, horror, horror movie, horror movies, horror. japanese horror, house, indie film, indie horror, judgment night, korean, korean horror gates, laughable horror, monster, movie, movie help critics, movie name, movie still, movie title, murder, near-death experience, obscure, paranormal, possessed, question, radio devil nuns evil, red, room, scary movie, scene, search film, sex scene, ship, suicide, summon, supernatural, the gate, title, urgent, weird, white noise, witch, woman, woods