Go Back   Horror.com Forums - Talk about horror. > Horror.com Lobby > Horror.com General Forum

Old 07-31-2012, 04:37 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Gray View Post
We'll just have to agree to disagree, to me, Halloween is the story of Michael Myers and how he progresses from just being a psychotic killer to a demon.
Well that's not what it is to me at all and i'm sure others would agree. Halloween is a slasher movie about people being hunted by a masked killer. That may seem generic but that's what all slasher movies are about, just with different context. I never got the feel of a philosophical journey through the mind of Micheal Myers and since the story that developed throughout the series wasn't one that was planned and was just continued upon by different people, i don't agree with your assessment of what the series is about.

But like you said, we'll have to agree to disagree and as it stands for this subject, It's really V's decision on who he considers a supporting character. But i know he will listen to people's personal opinion.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:46 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
Well that's not what it is to me at all and i'm sure others would agree. Halloween is a slasher movie about people being hunted by a masked killer. That may seem generic but that's what all slasher movies are about, just with different context. I never got the feel of a philosophical journey through the mind of Micheal Myers and since the story that developed throughout the series wasn't one that was planned and was just continued upon by different people, i don't agree with your assessment of what the series is about.

But like you said, we'll have to agree to disagree and as it stands for this subject, It's really V's decision on who he considers a supporting character. But i know he will listen to people's personal opinion.
So in your mind, the story means nothing as long as that line of thinking proves your point, it's just a slasher movie cut and dry. Well guess what, horror movies are the exception to the rule as far as who the heroes and villains are and whether or not they can be one in the same because they are not meant to make you feel fuzzy and warm, they are meant to scare you. In this case.... ahh, forget it, we disagree, the end.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:54 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
So in your mind, the story means nothing as long as that line of thinking proves your point, it's just a slasher movie cut and dry. Well guess what, horror movies are the exception to the rule as far as who the heroes and villains are and whether or not they can be one in the same because they are not meant to make you feel fuzzy and warm, they are meant to scare you. In this case.... ahh, forget it, we disagree, the end.
You completely mistook what i said because i didn't mean that at all. I didnt say anything about the story meaning nothing as long as it proves my point. All i'm saying is just because you took it a certain way that doesn't mean that other people are going to see it the same way especially if your opinion isn't the popular opinion and by that i don't mean what seems cooler or some conformist definition of popular, i just mean the majority point of view. There is nothing wrong with your opinion and how you see the movie and i apologize if i came off like i was saying otherwise. I understand that you're just arguing your opinion and you're doing it without be insulting or condescending and i appreciate that.

As for your point about heroes and villains, i don't agree. A hero is the good guy and a villain is the bad guy despite who you're rooting for. I obviously love villains but i still understand the difference. There are some good cases where they overlap but i don't feel like Halloween is one of them.

But yeah like you said, we gotta agree to disagree and honestly i gotta say i've enjoyed this debate. This kinda conversation is why i joined here in the first place and it's been awhile where i've been able to have one without a fight breaking out so thank you.

Old 07-31-2012, 04:57 PM
Demon from Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Villain View Post
You completely mistook what i said because i didn't mean that at all. I didnt say anything about the story meaning nothing as long as it proves my point. All i'm saying is just because you took it a certain way that doesn't mean that other people are going to see it the same way especially if your opinion isn't the popular opinion and by that i don't mean what seems cooler or some conformist definition of popular, i just mean the majority point of view. There is nothing wrong with your opinion and how you see the movie and i apologize if i came off like i was saying otherwise. I understand that you're just arguing your opinion and you're doing it without be insulting or condescending and i appreciate that.

As for your point about heroes and villains, i don't agree. A hero is the good guy and a villain is the bad guy despite who you're rooting for. I obviously love villains but i still understand the difference. There are some good cases where they overlap but i don't feel like Halloween is one of them.

But yeah like you said, we gotta agree to disagree and honestly i gotta say i've enjoyed this debate. This kinda conversation is why i joined here in the first place and it's been awhile where i've been able to have one without a fight breaking out so thank you.
At least we can debate something without putting each other down regardless of whether we agree or not.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:58 PM
Evil is Better

Quote:
At least we can debate something without putting each other down regardless of whether we agree or not.
Yeah that doesn't seem to happen much here.

Old 07-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Demon from Ago

We've taken up enough time, sorry folks, lol.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Evil Dead

vulnavia from Dr Phibes -ominous