Old 05-08-2014, 02:27 PM
lucioargento

Well nobody's gonna agree with this but I LOVE Cabin Fever 2! Well better than the first.
And that's my only one for me where the sequel is better than the original. Phantasm 2 does come close though.......
Old 05-08-2014, 03:29 PM
Horror Fan

Exclamation

I believe Friday the 13th III to be superior to either of its predecessors.

Old 06-10-2014, 03:17 PM
Evil Dead

I may like Paranormal Activity 2 slighty more than the first, I went through the series pretty recently and it held up quite well.
Old 06-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Sometimes dead is better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
I may like Paranormal Activity 2 slighty more than the first, I went through the series pretty recently and it held up quite well.
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

The first film was released in 2009. That's not that long ago. The reason I say that is that when people say something like "I went through the series...it held up quite well", that usually implies that it has held up good despite being old. Personally, I think the first was far and away the best in the series. The first two sequels were not pretty good, but the first was brilliant. The fourth one was terrible, the fifth was better than the fourth, but not as good as I expected. At least it did not take itself seriously. I think the fact they introduced time travel is evidence of that. Overall, it's not a bad series though.
Old 06-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Ghostface

Aliens.
Army of Darkness.
The Devil's Rejects.
Dawn of the Dead.

Last edited by Triombies; 03-01-2015 at 10:38 AM.
Old 06-13-2014, 12:18 AM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by metternich1815 View Post
*POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

The first film was released in 2009. That's not that long ago. The reason I say that is that when people say something like "I went through the series...it held up quite well", that usually implies that it has held up good despite being old. Personally, I think the first was far and away the best in the series. The first two sequels were not pretty good, but the first was brilliant. The fourth one was terrible, the fifth was better than the fourth, but not as good as I expected. At least it did not take itself seriously. I think the fact they introduced time travel is evidence of that. Overall, it's not a bad series though.

I liked them all and even 4 was better than I remembered. I find 1 and 2 are pretty close for my favorite of the series.
Old 06-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Little Boo

I liked the TCM remake in 03 best
Old 06-20-2014, 08:42 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodSweatAndFears View Post
I liked the TCM remake in 03 best

Not a sequel, though.
Old 07-20-2014, 01:34 AM
Evil Dead

The Purge: Anarchy is an instant addition to any superior sequels list. Totally blew away the original.
Old 07-21-2014, 10:27 PM
Evil Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigsaw Killer View Post
The Purge: Anarchy is an instant addition to any superior sequels list. Totally blew away the original.
I agree, it was better, but didn't think it was amazing. Entertaining though, and without the "no you di'nt" moments that made the original a bit hard to swallow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucioargento View Post
Well nobody's gonna agree with this but I LOVE Cabin Fever 2! Well better than the first.
And that's my only one for me where the sequel is better than the original. Phantasm 2 does come close though.......
I like the original better, but agree the sequel is underrated, and really super freakin gross.